• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myshkin

I'm keeping my eye on stuff as last minute purchases, and they say they end in 40 hours. They could end earlier than that?

Yes, I believe that's what happened the last couple of sales.
(You used to be able to wait until the encore started, then pick up anything that didn't make it into the encore, but not anymore apparently.)

damn RE6 is great, played it the entire night on coop, and I got a foil, fuck yeah.

HKIrDUF.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm keeping my eye on stuff as last minute purchases, and they say they end in 40 hours. They could end earlier than that?

No, they won't. The sale ends on the 30th at 10am PT, so everything will retain its general sale discount until then. A sale has never ended sooner than advertised.

Gangxxter

Help Im must be stupid haven't done a giveaway before yet. Im trying to give away games to modbot I cant get the code from my steam inventory I may have screwed something up.

I decided to give gaf Double Dragon & Ikaruga Since Lord Gaben hasnt provided us with them yet
The trick is to read the whole ModBot instructions thread and not only the first post. But don't worry, I made the same mistake.

Deitus

Yes, I believe that's what happened the last couple of sales.
(You used to be able to wait until the encore started, then pick up anything that didn't make it into the encore, but not anymore apparently.)

I'll see what the next flash sale is and cash in then I guess, that's pretty deceptive to do though.

I don't think that has ever happened. The non-daily/flash/community sales will carry through until Monday just like they say on the store page. The sale is still ongoing during the encore, it's just that instead of a new round of dailies/flash/community, we get all repeats.

Edit: What JaseC said.

denx

I wouldn't worry that much about the game you want not going on sale in this... sale. In past sales, games that didn't get featured on flash sales or lost community votes came back as regular dailies after the big event sale ended (for example, the two weeks after Summer seal 2013 featured pretty much nothing but games that lost community votes as dailies).

wilflare

Pretty sure the game is designed to force you to make choices regarding your skills, you're bound to fail something at some point.

I see. hahaha. my best run was my first run.
my subsequent plays were hopelessly short..

there's something about going in blind that makes it so fun and easier.

hmm lol I'm having quite a time trying to change her moods though. best is to keep it neutral and change it according to the skills you wanna upgrade?

ZeroCDR

Thanks guys, I guess I can go off panic mode now. Though I'll probably go ahead and buy Bionic Commando, I sincerely doubt that's going any lower than $2.50.

derExperte

I wouldn't worry that much about the game you want not going on sale in this... sale. In past sales, games that didn't get featured on flash sales or lost community votes came back as regular dailies after the big event sale ended (for example, the two weeks after Summer seal 2013 featured pretty much nothing but games that lost community votes as dailies).

That's why I won't pick up Ikaruga on the last day.

Myshkin

No, they won't. The sale ends on the 30th at 10am PT, so everything will retain its general sale discount until then. A sale has never ended sooner than advertised.

People just need to keep an eye on the community choices.
If there is no community vote offered 7 hours from now, then that means the general sale items will revert to normal price in 15 hours. (That's the way it happened in Winter sale.)

derExperte

If there is no community vote offered 7 hours from now, then that means the general sale items will revert to normal price in 15 hours.

That wouldn't make any sense as the sale officially runs until Monday and all timers show 39hrs left.

Uzzy

Would anyone recommend Baldur's gate I/II if you already had the originals? Would there be any additional benefits over the originals ( with mods added of course).

I am looking over videos and i cannot tell if the visuals for the EE's have been spruced up or if i did something wrong when installing easytutu on my original copies so looking for any info.

Thanks!

If you have the originals and are happy modding everything, then you might want to stick with them. However, it is possible that in future, the enhanced editions will be a better base for the game, as more bugs get fixed and more mods get more developed for the EE's, due to Beamdog having greater access to the source code of the game.

Jopie

so we are voting for aliens in the community vote right? RIGHT?

I want crysis

i want Crysis too, so I am hopeful that it will win. Of all the Crysis games, this one is on sale the least.

Having said that, the community vote has gone the way I wanted it to like once all sale.

cicero

The only time an encore set of deals has been after a sale is the Winter Sale of 2012. In every other case they've been on the final day of the sale itself.

Edit: I misread "continue" as "start".
If I remember correctly, there were a number of people here who were quite upset because they assumed the encore deals would last through monday.

dani_dc

I see. hahaha. my best run was my first run.
my subsequent plays were hopelessly short..

there's something about going in blind that makes it so fun and easier.

hmm lol I'm having quite a time trying to change her moods though. best is to keep it neutral and change it according to the skills you wanna upgrade?

Blindly going into the game is great, no one is quite expecting how brutal the game actually is.

Yeah, try to keep the mood in line with the skills changes you want to improve.

If there is no community vote offered 7 hours from now, then that means the general sale items will revert to normal price in 15 hours. (That's the way it happened in Winter sale.)

Most normal items have a countdown to 39 hours from now though, I saw some reference to games that have a countdown for 15 hours, but I haven't been able to find any (outside of the old daily deals).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom