• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

Blindly going into the game is great, no one is quite expecting how brutal the game actually is.

Yeah, try to keep the mood in line with the skills changes you want to improve.

Most normal items have a countdown to 39 hours from now though, I saw some reference to games that have a countdown for 15 hours, but I haven't been able to find any (outside of the old daily deals).

yea the subsequent plays felt less fun... cause I was like
- I need to do this/I need to do that.
- I need to make sure I upgrade this.
- oh that is happening soon :/

cicero

If you have the originals and are happy modding everything, then you might want to stick with them. However, it is possible that in future, the enhanced editions will be a better base for the game, as more bugs get fixed and more mods get more developed for the EE's, due to Beamdog having greater access to the source code of the game.

I certainly wouldn't recommend them yet over the originals on GOG/GamersGate. Maybe at some point they will actually do the work needed to fix the bugs. At that point they will probably be cheaper too though.

I am still trying to decide between Grid and Assetto to hold me off until GT7 comes around. The latter seems more like a sim which I tend to enjoy more outside of Mario Kart. Grid Autosport is also 30 with keys versus 16 for Assetto.

What was the sale price on this? I don't even remember seeing it. :(
New release so zero.

Jeremy

I think I'm out for the night... see ya everyone!

e: ok well i closed chrome and immediately opened it right back up and refreshed the thread out of habit. i'm leaving 5 real this time.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Another convert.

Soon we will have all of GAF convinced.

tumblr_m2ce6pyX521rrqomso1_500.gif

ku-xlarge.gif

tumblr_n6ekzkk0q91s2u7k5o1_500.gif

tumblr_mb9wkc5Vms1rqdof9o2_500.gif

tumblr_m9hml6z4sT1rakt7so1_1280.gif

Leon-s-new-move-in-RE6-resident-evil-32386431-440-248.gif

SherryGoth.gif

original.gif

original.gif

RQSSJ.gif

iGL6YRgGRcssb.gif

tumblr_mekaeuiUY01r8q7ve.gif

tumblr_ml62m3y8Vf1qdxux9o1_250.gif

tumblr_mblfb9rZ3m1qcq2vho1_500.gif

Defect

So I just got Steam Summer Sale 2014 Reward, Level 1 and Steam Summer Sale 2014 Reward, Level 3.

What can I do with them besides sell them? If I open them in Dota, will they become an item that could possibly sell for more?

dani_dc

yea the subsequent plays felt less fun... cause I was like
- I need to do this/I need to do that.
- I need to make sure I upgrade this.
- oh that is happening soon :/

Yeah, my subsequent playthroughs where mostly my need to see what's going to happen if I had done X instead of Y, while my first one was just enjoying the story
until I got murdered.

Deitus

This is a great choice. Eversion is a really well done platformer, it's a pretty interesting title.

Though depending on her tastes, this may actually not be a good idea.

Eversion is fantastic, but despite it's appearance it is not young children.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
People just need to keep an eye on the community choices.
If there is no community vote offered 7 hours from now, then that means the general sale items will revert to normal price in 15 hours. (That's the way it happened in Winter sale.)

While the general sale discounts of the last Winter Sale weren't carried through the 3rd, the countdown timers on the store pages reflected this. What you're suggesting, and what I'm disagreeing with, is that Valve is going to drastically reduce the time remaining at the last minute -- again, a sale has never ended sooner than advertised.

denx

Im really hoping for an RE6 flash sale or something. tomorrow is the last day for anything like that right?

Yeah, you missed it yesterday, it was -75%.

As a rule of thumb, any time a game gets a discount, check the other games in the franchise, as those will likely have a discount too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom