• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altazor

tumblr_n2oyj9deFQ1r94e9jo2_500.gif

tumblr_n2oyj9deFQ1r94e9jo1_500.gif

Deus Ex: The Fall's revolutionary gun recoil simulation.

yeah, I saw TotalBiscuit's video and and said "no... fuck it, I'm not buying this game".

A shame, because I really wanted more HR (and yes, I've already played and completed The Missing Link) and The Fall done right on PC would've been great. With "done right" I mean closer to HR to... whatever the fuck they tried to do on mobile (hi-res textures, deeper graphics options, a decent KB/M and controller support and customization, fewer loading times, and so on)

Looks like I'll have to wait for HR's sequel, and pray that it can live up to its predecessor.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Kinda off-topic, but does anyone have any idea when GTAV will be available for preorder?

I'd say soon. As per Rockstar's news post of the announcement, pre-orders were supposed to begin when the store page went up, but I'm assuming the Summer Sale got in the way of that.

J. Bravo

has borderlands 2 GOTY been cheaper than the $16 it's at right now? if not, does that mean i should wait until the last day of the sale?

So, I got a foil Summer Sale card (my first) when Red Team won a couple of day ago.

Right now it's going for $2.00, slightly up from yesterday.

Should I sell it now at that price, or wait for some panic tomorrow night?

I finally gave Dust: An Elysian Tail a chance (passed it's weirdly shaded profile art that looks out of place outside of Deviant Art) and it's really good. Basically, whenever a new indie game comes out and it's trumpeted as a Metroidvania, it usually never pans out for some reason or doesn't quite hit my tastebuds the right way. This is finally the game that does - the combat is fluid, the mechanics are fun, and the soundtrack is phenomenal.

Negatives: not a lot of exploring yet, the map screen isn't detailed enough and I'll probably start skipping the story sequences soon. Though I loved an early Resident Evil 4 reference, so if the game stays cute and keeps a few witty bits in there I'll stick around.

Worth $3, easily. I harshed on the art style with everyone else last week but the game plays so well and looks amazing in gameplay.

Picked up System Shock 2 for I think it was $3.99. I've been wanting to play this game since 1999 but unfortunately some game called Half-Life got in the way.

Deitus

So, I got a foil Summer Sale card (my first) when Red Team won a couple of day ago.

Right now it's going for $2.00, slightly up from yesterday.

Should I sell it now at that price, or wait for some panic tomorrow night?

The problem is, there will be as much of a panic on the part of people trying to unload their cards as there will be people trying to complete badges. And actually, after 10 AM PST tomorrow there will be a lot less people making badges since the competition is over. I would say sell it now rather than risk it (that's what I did with my foil earlier today). But then I'm no market expert so don't blame me if I'm totally off the mark and it shoots up to a billion dollars.

Didn't they say Divinity was only going to be on sale the first day of the sale? I'm actually surprised is showed up as an option for the vote.

I'd say there is less than no chance it shows up tomorrow. Looks like I'll have to pick it up from Putin.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Didn't they say Divinity was only going to be on sale the first day of the sale? I'm actually surprised is showed up as an option for the vote.

I'd say there is less than no chance it shows up tomorrow. Looks like I'll have to pick it up from Putin.

Be aware that only the standard edition is region-free.

InsuRn

It was on as apart of the RE4 daily the other day, 75% off.

This is why I always click on every game in the daily sale to see if other games in the series are also discounted. I would like a "series" mention in the picture instead of just the last game :(

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger, but I'm debating whether to wait for the winter sale or not.

I did the same thing and decided..i'm probably not playing it between now and then. The price now is under a year from release so the percentage of the sale might be less but the base price will go down some more. Its likely to go to $5 in 6 months to a year

Everyone should try the Swapper. The atmosphere, soundtrack and brain twisting puzzles are excellent. It's not that long either so don't worry about it affecting your backlog too much. Go get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom