• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

Who won that one mystery game that was either Bad Rats or Shovel Knight?

It wasn't me.

tumblr_inline_n69bcjQ91z1rqfb5i.jpg

The problem is, there will be as much of a panic on the part of people trying to unload their cards as there will be people trying to complete badges. And actually, after 10 AM PST tomorrow there will be a lot less people making badges since the competition is over. I would say sell it now rather than risk it (that's what I did with my foil earlier today). But then I'm no market expert so don't blame me if I'm totally off the mark and it shoots up to a billion dollars.

Well. I put it up for $2.00. Half a second later it was sold.

Wow.

(Now it's going for $2.05. :p)

Deitus

Well. I put it up for $2.00. Half a second later it was sold.

Wow.

(Now it's going for $2.05. :p)

Hah. Well I apologize if I made you lose out on an opportunity to make more money. I clearly don't know what I'm talking about, and I probably should have just kept my mouth shut. Though the last summer sale I held onto cards until the last day hoping they would increase in price, but they only went down. Then I held onto them for a year hoping they would eventually get rare and go up in price, but they only continued to go down. So I figured it's no use holding onto cards. I guess that might not apply to foils though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Got ahold of Crimzon Clover. Alls I need now is Heavy Bullets and Valdis Story and I'll basically have everything I was hoping to get. Here's hoping for some M&Ms money tonight (and also a flash sale on one of the two).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sorry about the brief modbot service interruption, the computer it was on got rebooted and it didn't restart properly. It should catch up ASAP.

Oh man, Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden. If you want an alternative-universe where 2K forced Irrational at gunpoint to make a hidden-object iPad game set in Rapture (that's also on Steam), i've found your game.

So... my mom is addicted to hidden-object puzzle games, but i've never tried one. I'm currently stuck on a macbook air because my real desktop got accidentally put into storage during my move. I'm digging around for random sale stuff, and come across Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden (along with the other games from that developer like Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren's Call, etc, which are all 50% off and seem to get high reviews for the genre). I'm sort of intruiged, as the setting is STRAIGHT Rapture from Bioshock. They're not even subtle about it. Underwater art-deco city named Eden, where everything has gone to complete hell, complete with staged revolution? Yup. There's even a "Little Sister" character.

So, what the hell, it's 50% off, why not?... I think I actually don't mind this game at all. They're sort of a nice "chaser" after more serious games and whatnot. I'm sure most of them are terrible, but this Abyss game isn't completely horrible. It's sort of like My First Adventure Game, a drastically simplified Longest Journey or whatnot, from a first person perspective. The items and where to use them are pretty severely gated, so you never end up with 15 environments and 20 objects at once, and none of it is remotely brain-burning, but it's sort of fun to shut the brain off and just play something nice and simple now and then.

I"m not sure i'd want to play a ton of these, but it's sort of a riot to play one shamelessly set in Rapture.

Unicorn

I have a copy of Renegade Ops I want to trade for Chivalry.

Currently 7.50 for a current 5.00 game. I dunno if Renegade Ops has been cheaper this sale, but hoping it's a fair trade?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Double Dragon Neon -- MB-D68513AE04D16641 - Taken by GuardianE

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Hah. Well I apologize if I made you lose out on an opportunity to make more money. I clearly don't know what I'm talking about, and I probably should have just kept my mouth shut. Though the last summer sale I held onto cards until the last day hoping they would increase in price, but they only went down. Then I held onto them for a year hoping they would eventually get rare and go up in price, but they only continued to go down. So I figured it's no use holding onto cards. I guess that might not apply to foils though.
Psh, you're flipping it for a 5 cent profit aren't you?

Deitus

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

xheRJRF.gif
Mystery Game (probably Bad Rats, definitely not Shovel Knight) -- MB-1435CAB87E0F9154 - Taken by kevin1025. 135 entrants total.

t1404009343z1.png

Apparently kevin1025 won either Bad Rats or Shovel Knight.

Psh, you're flipping it for a 5 cent profit aren't you?

That would be pretty dumb since Valve takes a 15% cut. :p

Last ten minutes!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Dragonborn:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare -- MB-885ABD73D0612157 - Taken by Toki767. 42 entrants total.

t1404011651z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I finally gave Dust: An Elysian Tail a chance (passed it's weirdly shaded profile art that looks out of place outside of Deviant Art) and it's really good. Basically, whenever a new indie game comes out and it's trumpeted as a Metroidvania, it usually never pans out for some reason or doesn't quite hit my tastebuds the right way. This is finally the game that does - the combat is fluid, the mechanics are fun, and the soundtrack is phenomenal.

Negatives: not a lot of exploring yet, the map screen isn't detailed enough and I'll probably start skipping the story sequences soon. Though I loved an early Resident Evil 4 reference, so if the game stays cute and keeps a few witty bits in there I'll stick around.

Worth $3, easily. I harshed on the art style with everyone else last week but the game plays so well and looks amazing in gameplay.
Don't skip the story, man. I didn't care for it at first either, but it got better later on. And the characters started growing on me.

derExperte

I"m not sure i'd want to play a ton of these, but it's sort of a riot to play one shamelessly set in Rapture.

I need to get to that one soon, already played Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren`s Call (very good) and Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood (a bit lame). That reminds me that I should probably pick up Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink, the cards are pretty valuable.

pahamrick

Okay, GAF has been really good to me since the summer sale started so I wanted to give something back. Sorry it's not more, I kinda went overboard buying stuff I've been wanting thanks to candy cash.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-F952666614D133DA - Taken by PunishedSnake
Shadowrun Returns #2 -- MB-2C3EB39208711EA3 - Taken by astrogamer
Shadowrun Returns #1 -- MB-439C0D2D73C5CA1A - Taken by Random Painted HIghway

t1404021851z1.png

JackBauerCTU225

Neo Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for JackBauerCTU225:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Ikaruga -- MB-A3759B5E223C0156 - Taken by UncleBiz. 71 entrants total.
Double Dragon Neon -- MB-FE8D02C5666BF358 - Taken by denx. 43 entrants total.
Hey Gaffers because steam community sucks and Lord Gaben hasnt made it happen yet. good luck enjoy

Don't know where to post this but I bought the whistleblower dlc for outlast and when i click on new game to start the dlc it always direct me to the steam store for some reason.

Has anyone run into this problem ? I don't know if I'll have to reinstall the game or do something else to get to work.

DasFool

Some Bundlestars extras:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

UFO: Aftermath -- MB-D6601C8F8FA8E6A1
Ascension to the Throne -- MB-E5A8C9D81D32AAE6 - Taken by Fjord. 2 entrants total.
Harvester -- MB-E8DD4C05DC7ACB08 - Taken by nexen. 3 entrants total.

t1404022001z1.png

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Holy crap, I just won Double Dragon Neon! Thank you, mysterious giver.

This something I've been waiting to go on sale.

EDIT: Hmmm, the code isn't valid, apparently.

Something weird happened. In anticipation of Aliens winning community choice, I looked up Crysis Maximum Edition on Steam and it only contains Crysis and Crysis Warhead.

I am sure maximum should have Crysis Wars, too. But now I can't find Crysis Wars on Steam at all?

What am I doing wrong?

biocat

I think the summer cards are starting to go up in price. I put all of mine up for sale slightly above market price and now everything is starting to sell all of sudden after a couple days of nothing.

denx

Something weird happened. In anticipation of Aliens winning community choice, I looked up Crysis Maximum Edition on Steam and it only contains Crysis and Crysis Warhead.

I am sure maximum should have Crysis Wars, too. But now I can't find Crysis Wars on Steam at all?

What am I doing wrong?

Crysis Wars comes included as part of Crysis, so it doesn't have its own store page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom