• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altazor

I finally gave Dust: An Elysian Tail a chance (passed it's weirdly shaded profile art that looks out of place outside of Deviant Art) and it's really good. Basically, whenever a new indie game comes out and it's trumpeted as a Metroidvania, it usually never pans out for some reason or doesn't quite hit my tastebuds the right way. This is finally the game that does - the combat is fluid, the mechanics are fun, and the soundtrack is phenomenal.

Negatives: not a lot of exploring yet, the map screen isn't detailed enough and I'll probably start skipping the story sequences soon. Though I loved an early Resident Evil 4 reference, so if the game stays cute and keeps a few witty bits in there I'll stick around.

Worth $3, easily. I harshed on the art style with everyone else last week but the game plays so well and looks amazing in gameplay.

don't think the artstyle is that bad, to be honest (actually, reminded me a bit of those Disney animated series from the 90s...) but I can see why some people might be put off by it. The gameplay and the music, on the other hand, are phenomenal. The game is just a blast to play.

And the story turns out well, I think. The final part of the game is a bit predictable but still emotional within the boundaries of its own narrative. It's more than enough for the game, IMHO.

Shepard

Guys, I'm in the begining of Max: the Curse of Brotherhood and it is as much Heart of Darkness as I hoped it'd be. Cartoonish guy goes to another world to rescue a loved one and defeat an evil guy. Childish theme with all kinds of gory deaths (even with no blood involved). I'm in love!

I think the summer cards are starting to go up in price. I put all of mine up for sale slightly above market price and now everything is starting to sell all of sudden after a couple days of nothing.

That's true. This morning I bought 3 for like 0.17 each one. Now they are 0.20 - 0.23.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I started out as Blue, then went pink (just in time for the win!) now I have a blue token that is useless after today.

So I either switch to blue and craft my badge, or stay pink and craft my badge..hehe.

how do you get tokens? I am so new to steam and pc gaming so this is so confusing.

pahamrick

For the new page.

ModBot said:
Instructions for pahamrick:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-F952666614D133DA - Taken by PunishedSnake
Shadowrun Returns #2 -- MB-2C3EB39208711EA3 - Taken by astrogamer
Shadowrun Returns #1 -- MB-439C0D2D73C5CA1A - Taken by Random Painted HIghway

t1404021851z1.png

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

derExperte

Guys, I'm in the begining of Max: the Curse of Brotherhood and it is as much Heart of Darkness as I hoped it'd be. Cartoonish guy goes to another world to rescue a loved one and defeat an evil guy. Childish theme with all kinds of gory deaths (even with no blood involved). I'm in love!

The demo made me push the game up on my wishlist, maybe I'll get it as a last-second purchase.

dot

I'd say the level design was the only good thing to come from that game.

I'll be modbotting the superior DMC game tomorrow. :3

Well shit. Backpack.tf is shutting down its card swapping service. And they were just talking about upgrading the service too but now they're saying it's too big a pain to manage.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I will not be crafting anymore badges, so my remaining Summer Badges are up for grabs.

I have 2x 1, and one each of 2, 4, 6, and 8.

Msg me (on Steam) if you want them to finish out your sets.

Uzzy

Huh, didn't realize Shadowrun Returns was actually an RPG, initially wrote it off. Is the base game any good?

The base game is solid, though the campaign is rather uninspired. Dragonfall is where the setting and the game really shine though.

I got Deus Ex The Fall a long while ago, if you put your first two Praxis Points into recoil reduction, it basically stops happening lol. The recoil in TB's vid is a glitch that was apparently caused by having VSync off, weirdly enough. The real game has the same recoil, but nowhere near that intense or hilariously over the op, and using the two Praxis points on recoil reduction basically completely removes the recoil altogether. The Fall is overall, only average, decent, but yea.

denx

I got Deus Ex The Fall a long while ago, if you put your first two Praxis Points into recoil reduction, it basically stops happening lol. The recoil in TB's vid is a glitch that was apparently caused by having VSync off, weirdly enough. The real game has the same recoil, but nowhere near that intense or hilariously over the op, and using the two Praxis points on recoil reduction basically completely removes the recoil altogether.

Deus Ex The Fall redeemed.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PaulExcellent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel -- MB-578D2E60C1FB48D3 - Taken by Leatherface. 8 entrants total.
Offspring Fling -- MB-25BCDDB7264544F5
Basement Collection -- MB-13677E1A830BECCF

t1404022902z1.png
I have won two raffles, so I'll post more games. lol

Deus Ex The Fall redeemed.

It is still only average or decent and it is pretty short and ends on a cliffhanger. Only get it if you really want more Deus Ex and have exhausted Deus Ex, Deus Ex Human Revolution...or even Deus Ex Insivible War (That game is not terrible, its only ok.)

Tellaerin

I got Deus Ex The Fall a long while ago, if you put your first two Praxis Points into recoil reduction, it basically stops happening lol. The recoil in TB's vid is a glitch that was apparently caused by having VSync off, weirdly enough. The real game has the same recoil, but nowhere near that intense or hilariously over the op, and using the two Praxis points on recoil reduction basically completely removes the recoil altogether. The Fall is overall, only average, decent, but yea.

But Beaker's still in it, no? >.>

Maddocks

Worth it. But it has a community as bad if not slightly worse than L4D2's.

I was going to buy it along with new vegas, then you compared it to L4D2, which I always had a bad experience with. I help a guy who was getting attacked, I get cussed out for it. I heal a guy, a girl and her friends kick me from the server. Looks like payday will have to be put on hold.....forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom