• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
AWkdFAl.jpg

Fail image is fail, but fun and prison economy.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I was going to buy it along with new vegas, then you compared it to L4D2, which I always had a bad experience with. I help a guy who was getting attacked, I get cussed out for it. I heal a guy, a girl and her friends kick me from the server. Looks like payday will have to be put on hold.....forever.

For $5-6, Payday 2 is worth it to put up with some of that bullshit. The community is kick-happy and TERRIBLE on the Steam community forums
but what community isn't?
but other communities aren't that bad for it.

Hmm...well i'm not talking about that poor DMC3 port, so maybe!

The F.U.N. song is stuck in my head now.

Apparently you can actually fix that DMC3 port to be good enough through mods, but I have no experience in that field, nor do I have that port.

oipic

Those recoil gifs from The Fall genuinely make me feel woozy or nauseous. I don't normally react that way to any first-person stuff, but there's something about the perspective or FOV that is unsettling (in addition to simply looking ridiculous).

Reasking for prosperity.

How is the last day of sale actually?

Do games who had flash/daily/community discounts get those discounts for that day again?
Or do other games who had lower discounts get bigger ones?

tmarg

Reasking for prosperity.

How is the last day of sale actually?

Do games who had flash/daily/community discounts get those discounts for that day again?
Or do other games who had lower discounts get bigger ones?

Same discounts, but only a few of the most popular ones, chosen by Valve.

dot

Apparently you can actually fix that DMC3 port to be good enough through mods, but I have no experience in that field, nor do I have that port.

Yeah, i haven't played DMC3 in years.

I gotta try the mods someday and see how much better it is. The last thing i remember about it is that both analog controls were switched for me (meaning movement is right analog and camera was left i think). I dunno if that was just my 360 controller though but it turned me off the game instantly.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, i haven't played DMC3 in years.

I gotta try the mods someday and see how much better it is. The last thing i remember about it is that both analog controls were switched for me (meaning movement is right analog and camera was left i think). I dunno if that was just my 360 controller though but it turned me off the game instantly.

It's really messed up. And the triggers don't work on the 360 controller without the use of Xpadder macros. But yeah, with a little love and a little work, you can use a 360 controller.

http://www.theprohack.com/2012/04/how-to-play-devil-may-cry-3-se-dmc3-se.html

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Just wanted to say thank you for Cook, Serve, Delicious! thezez :D

SteamGaf is really a great community. There's nowhere really else like it on Gaf.

Link Man

Banned
I started playing eXceed 2nd - Vampire Rex, seems like it's quite similar to Ikaruga in mechanics (but with cute girls). They've got the trilogy for $5, or individual games for $3. Just, if you buy it, you'll want to remap the switching controls to a bumper, makes the game play much better.

Altazor

It is obviously a mobile game uprezed to HD, it is no looker, but eh its ok/10.

you know, I'm such a sucker for DXHR's art direction and aesthetic that I really like that mobile graphics up-res picture. It's not objectively beautiful or pleasant, but it reminds me of DXHR and that's good enough for me.

Man, I have such a hard-on for that game.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I started playing eXceed 2nd - Vampire Rex, seems like it's quite similar to Ikaruga in mechanics (but with cute girls). They've got the trilogy for $5, or individual games for $3. Just, if you buy it, you'll want to remap the switching controls to a bumper, makes the game play much better.

eXceed 2nd is like Ikaruga on speed. It's ridiculously fast comparatively. It's okay. eXceed 3rd is a Touhou clone, and it's fantastic.

The first eXceed is garbage. Not really worth playing.

I was going to buy it along with new vegas, then you compared it to L4D2, which I always had a bad experience with. I help a guy who was getting attacked, I get cussed out for it. I heal a guy, a girl and her friends kick me from the server. Looks like payday will have to be put on hold.....forever.

I've played Payday 2 for about 60 hours and I've never had a run in with the 'bad community' that you guys are talking about. I'm not saying that there definitely aren't some jerks on there, but it's also not as bad as you seem to think it is.

Also I'm liking these giveaways with a twist. I'm not joining any though, because that's how you get bad rats.

saunderez

Just a heads up. Not a Steam sale but Steam redeemable codes, GMG is current having a Mac games sale with some big savings on Borderlands 2 DLC. Codes are universal so work on the PC version of the game so it's a bit silly labelling it a Mac sale. Season pass for $10.19, characters for $2.50 and a bunch of other stuff. They've also got the GOTY edition of Borderlands 2 for $13.59 but I'm not 100% sure that's a universal code like the DLC is (though it should be).

http://www.greenmangaming.com/search/?q=borderlands+2+mac - all the cheap stuff in one convenient search

Thanks for the Heavy Bullets chubigans.

FloatOn

I confess that this dmc game is the first I've played and therefore I'm not snobby about it. Other than it being incredibly easy I do find the combat satisfying. I guess it's not quite as in depth as the others I take it?

I've played Payday 2 for about 60 hours and I've never had a run in with the 'bad community' that you guys are talking about. I'm not saying that there definitely aren't some jerks on there, but it's also not as bad as you seem to think it is.

Also I'm liking these giveaways with a twist. I'm not joining any though, because that's how you get bad rats.

I never really had community issues in Payday 2 either when I used to play. I added quite a few people to my friends list from that game actually.

jblank83

The recoil in Deus Ex the Fall is only a sign of the bad port job. It is the rest of the game that is disappointing, from game mechanics to level design, story to usability issues (no key binding). It is just a poor game. It is impressive only in that a "real" game was hacked and chopped and stuffed into a smartphone. Blown back up to PC size, though, it just looks like a horrible experiment gone wrong.

I received the game as a review. There were brief, brief moments it felt "Deus Exish", but they were too few and too far between to justify recommending the game to anyone other than the most hardcore Deus Ex fanatics who have to consume every bit of Deus Ex in existence, including books and fanfiction.

I urge you not to buy The Fall, not at $5, not at $4. Maybe someday if it's $1 and you want a laugh, go for it. Until then, have faith and just replay Human Revolution.

Here's my review. It's not one of my finer works, but I didn't care to play it for long, nor even to waste my time thinking about it much.

http://www.cubed3.com/review/1423/1/deus-ex-the-fall-pc.html

If you don't believe me, read these other reviews:
http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/764714-deus-ex-the-fall/index.html
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/deus-ex-the-fall

Tektonic

In the giving mood, here are 4 games. (albeit from bundles)

Send me a PM with what you want, and your steamid and its yours.

330x192

330x192

330x192

330x192

saunderez

I never really had community issues in Payday 2 either when I used to play. I added quite a few people to my friends list from that game actually.

I played with a few randoms the other night and we had a great time. Got wiped on pay day mere seconds away from escaping but apart from that it was a very enjoyable time.

Toshin

oh wow thanks birdy!
he gifted ikagura to me!!...with this and clover I'm satisfied over my first sale!!!
glad GAF rocks, and being part of the family here, you all rock!

to my steamGAF future buys and activitys!
*toasts everyone!*

Lain

Finished SteamWorld Dig in 10 hours (so said the game, Steam says I played for 12, so I'm guessing 2 hours was the time I fell asleep at the screen) and it was a really great experience.
I'd say the game didn't overstay its welcome but that'd be a lie, because I felt it ended a bit too soon. Sooner than I'd like anyways, as I would have loved to dig some more to get more gems and unlock even more upgrades.

The game was pretty straightforward with no real changes from what you learn at the start, you simply keep digging until you finally reach the end and along the way you upgrade your tools to dig better, eliminate critters and get around in a faster/easier way, yet it was addicting and fun, with a silly story as a background and NPCs there to just sell you stuff that still added enough flavor with their little quips. also the art style used is pretty nice.

Once again, many thanks to Eternia for such a nice gift.

Maddocks

I was talking about the Left 4 Dead 2 community. Where for me it has always been a bad experience. Only time I have ever beat a level was solo, every time I jump into a pub to find a match I never complete it because I was kicked. It has soured me for the whole thing. As he said, for that cheap of a game you have to take the good with the bad. But for me and left for dead, the pains of being kicked for just walking around or accidentally shooting someone and even saying,"sorry about that" and they still cuss me out and then vote kick me just ruined the whole thing.

I might still pick up payday, but I'm sure others here are going to buy it and others here already own it. so it probably wont be an issue finding reliable non kick happy people to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom