• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

Which of the original Shadowrun games is best(SNES or Mega Drive/Genesis)? I would like to play at least one before the modern game/DLC.

I really need to get a new monitor, trying to play CRPGs on a TV is no fun. Still trying to decide between the Asus Swift or getting the gsync'd version of their cheaper 4K monitor.

Lomax

Which of the original Shadowrun games is best(SNES or Mega Drive/Genesis)? I would like to play at least one before the modern games.

They are both a lot different. The Genesis graphics are pretty bad though, I doubt I could play it now. The SNES one is the one the new game is most like and would prepare you best for it as there's a lot of references and similar style.

Miguel81

They are both a lot different. The Genesis graphics are pretty bad though, I doubt I could play it now. The SNES one is the one the new game is most like and would prepare you best for it as there's a lot of references and similar style.

Thanks, that's good to know about the SNES version being of similar stock.

Tellaerin

Which of the original Shadowrun games is best(SNES or Mega Drive/Genesis)? I would like to play at least one before the modern game/DLC.

I liked them both for different reasons. SNES Shadowrun was more story-driven IMO (and I enjoyed the story, so this was okay), while the Genesis game was more open and had deeper mechanics.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So whens the sale actually going to end? Is tomorrow the last full day and the 30th is just the finishing up of tomorrows dailies?

Seems to be tomorrow will be repeats with the 30th/sale-close being the last few hours before the store updates for the "normal" updates on the 30th.

A lot of people haven't actually played the Genesis one (it wasn't well know even back in the day), so you'll get a lot of people telling you the SNES one is better. I'll ask you what are you looking for?

The SNES one is a lot more linear with a stronger story.

The Genesis one cleaves closer to the actual Shadowrun RPG rules, and is a proto-open world game. There are some similarities with early GTA games. The story is pretty good, but nowhere near as deep.

dot

......i just realized nbnt's giveaway wasn't a free for all. And i entered for both. Both are the top 2 on my wishlist.

gW8ySek.gif

Yeah, I just caved and did my own 50% off by Russiabucksing it.
Thinking of doing this just to spite MJ for ignoring their Philip J. Fry customers.

You know something? I said Alan Wake would be the new Jack Keane back during the GOG Spring Insomnia sale. After seeing the game get so many repeats recently, it might just be worse than the Keane-ning.

Eusis

No way those Deus Ex recoil gifs are real. That has to be parody, right? Right? Please?
I THINK what happens in the mobile game is that you hold on the screen, zoom in, then you fire off the gun and can zoom back out.

Problem I guess is they just halfassed the port and had you still zoom in, rather than making it operate more like the last game.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I feel silly being bothered by this, but I wanted to use my completely useless emoticon!

I crafted the summer badge and got a bunch of stuff, but when I looked later everything that I had received from crafting (EXCEPT the badge) was no longer in my inventory. 8 out of the 10 cards are back in my inventory, but they can't be crafted or sold. It's like they don't exist. Anyone know what's going on?

A lot of people haven't actually played the Genesis one (it wasn't well know even back in the day), so you'll get a lot of people telling you the SNES one is better. I'll ask you what are you looking for?

The SNES one is a lot more linear with a stronger story.

The Genesis one cleaves closer to the actual Shadowrun RPG rules, and is a proto-open world game. There are some similarities with early GTA games. The story is pretty good, but nowhere near as deep.

Someone is making a mod of the Genesis version on Steam workshop, but it's still in early alpha.

Ibuki

Banned
Still got Ikaruga and Double Dragon: Neon coolin' on my wishlist. I will have to bite hard tomorrow if they don't show up in a flash. I can't believe I actually lasted almost the whole sale without getting Ikaruga, it looks so gud. ;____;

Turfster

Oh shit, I actually won RE4! I'm ashamed to admit that I've only had limited time with the game (played it back on Gamecube), so I'm very excited to see what the HD port brings.

Thank you so much, NB!

Oh, it's you.
I was just going to ask who'd won the giveaway, since modbot seemingly stopped updating after doing the shovel knight bit.

mrgone

Hottest debate on the internet!

Well, it's pretty contentious anyways. They're both awesome games - the SNES one's more like a standard console RPG and has a better presentation. The genesis one is more open ended and closer to the Shadowrun pen and paper game. Shadowrun Returns references both games pretty extensively, so there's lots of fun easter-egg type stuff if you play through either one (or both!).

edit: Beaten so hard :)

Oh, it's you.
I was just going to ask who'd won the giveaway, since modbot seemingly stopped updating after doing the shovel knight bit.

Yeah, I looked at the original post and was confused for a second - thought it might have been a mixup with Modbot or something.

Regardless, I guess my luck panned out for once. Really happy to try this out.

Sarcasm

Banished: Yea I mentioned that pages ago..was bummed cause I been selling cards and I JUST got to 10.81 today..yet now its 14.99

Game doesn't want me I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom