• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laz?

Neo Member
I've made some fine additions to my library this sale. Picked up FFVIII, Defy Gravity (Great game for something so cheap), Pac-Man DX+, Steamworld Dig and a couple others. I'm just disappointed that Dark Souls II didn't go any lower than 33%. Ah well, there's always the next sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought banished was $10 the day before, same days as Europa universalis 4 and civilization 5.

Normally the daily deal runs for 48 hours, so probably a mistake it's on the front page again.

Yep. I probably should have mentioned this in my previous post, haha (or at least stressed the "was").

Miguel81

If you guys had to choose between Double Dragon Neon and Ikaruga, which would you choose? I don't want whynotboth.gif, reasons would be nice. :)

Double Dragon Neon for the late 80s nostalgia and Bimmy and Jimmy. Ikaruga is damn close, though, and it'll make me want to turn my monitor and HDTV upright.

Chocobro

Yup. Have five numbers rolling it. No one else in the house wants to go through the effort of combining $6 cards into usable amounts, and they don't mind lending me their phones for 2> minutes every day.
Oh lucky, more chances of getting money. Unfortunately I'm the only one with unlimited text and etc. in the house because I'm in my uncle's family plan. Boo :(

If you guys had to choose between Double Dragon Neon and Ikaruga, which would you choose? I don't want whynotboth.gif, reasons would be nice. :)
I think it would depend on what you're going for, they're both very different games. COMMENCE BAD OPINIONS

Double Dragon is best played with a friend. The combat, while a little slow compared to like... Streets of Rage, is fantastic with lots of different abilities and things to upgrade. The humor and 80s aesthetic are fantastic. I mean, dude, you can throw 'fro combs at people! The music, oh lawd, the music. It's a fun romp of a game, full of that elusive "charm" thing that people of GAF talk about.

I admit I haven't played a bunch of Ikaruga since I bought it a few months ago. It's, of course, a shmup, it's got this great polarity switching mechanic. Absorb white shots while white but you're able to be hit by black shots, and vice versa. It's not too tough once you get a handle on the switching, since some shots are impossible to actually dodge, but must be absorbed, which kinda broke my brain a little. The port for this has a bunch of resolution options and whatnot. If you can rotate your screen the game can be played vertically. ....That's all I got on that one. Nice music here too, but I dunno names so I guess google is your friend.

zkylon

zkylewd
huh didn't know valiant hearts was uplay

why does uplay even exist

edit: oh right

default_146_146.png

Speevy

Banned
Double Dragon Neon for the late 80s nostalgia and Bimmy and Jimmy. Ikaruga is damn close, though, and it'll make me want to turn my monitor and HDTV upright.

Well, I think that if Double Dragon Neon succeeds in anything, it's pulling away from the game that inspired it.

Most people discovered upon the re-rereleases of Double Dragon for the 360 that the game they thought they loved was actually horrible.

Yrael

Yep. I probably should have mentioned this in my previous post, haha (or at least stressed the "was").

Kind of weird. Why would they do that? It was 50% off during the Community Vote too.

No, he's right: it was 50% off two days ago as a Daily, then 50% off yesterday still as a Yesterday's Deal, and then back to 25% today, but still on the front page for some reason.

Ah, I thought by "mistake" he meant that it's really still 50% (which isn't the case) but the front page is showing it at 25%. My bad then.

Miletius

So this is the last day? I thought tomorrow would be the last day with recaps and such. It also says the sale goes until the 30th, so there is one more day, right?

dot

i know there's a thread for it buuuut i want to craft one tonight and more people are here

i need summer cards(specifically #4 right now), and i'm willing to trade any of my cards 1:1 for them so send me an offerrrr

You should have asked me on steam. I posted in the activity feed that i was giving away cards (i didn't want a billion friend requests like Leila). Too late now though. :p

Speevy

Banned
So this is the last day? I thought tomorrow would be the last day with recaps and such. It also says the sale goes until the 30th, so there is one more day, right?

On the 30th, we fast. It is a day of rest in which all the colors flow into the same toilet and are flushed away.

Well, I think that if Double Dragon Neon succeeds in anything, it's pulling away from the game that expired it.

Most people discovered upon the re-rereleases of Double Dragon for the 360 that the game they thought they loved was actually horrible.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. The original Double Dragon is pretty damn clunky now. I think the only one I liked up until Neon was Double Dragon Advance.

Also, this song, mmmmmm. The OST hits all the right notes for me.

TsuXna

I had multiple people (friends & family) who were entering for candy cash and they would forward me the winning text if they won.

So I can't say how many times it was tried, but I got a total of 15 winning codes.

candy crash...
Show them puzzle and dragons.

I thought by "mistake" he meant that it's really still 50% (which isn't the case) but the front page is showing it at 25%. My bad then.

Ah, I gotcha. It's extra weird because at first this morning it had straight up stolen AoM:EE's slot in the Yesterday's Deals section, which was later added back, with Banished remaining on the front page, instead of the mistake being recognized and it being removed. Maybe it was decided that Banished deserved the extra exposure or something.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's an Ubi Montreal game!

Nothing says "PC gaming" like fragmentation. :p

it's weird cos like i get emails with like special offers for origin and i have some idea of them having non ea games there but i never hear anything about uplay and for all i know it's just that hilarious mii editor

anyways, i'm confused about veteran mode in valiant hearts

i imagine it's gotta be like hard mode or something but for a moment i thought it may remove like scary stuff for actual ww1 veterans, if there are like 2 still living.

Milamber

it's weird cos like i get emails with like special offers for origin and i have some idea of them having non ea games there but i never hear anything about uplay and for all i know it's just that hilarious mii editor

i imagine it's gotta be like hard mode or something but for a moment i thought it may remove like scary stuff for actual ww1 veterans, if there are like 2 still living.

Veteran mode is just hints turned off. Useless really.

Fucking love the game. First time I ever started playing and finished a game during a Steam sale.

Turfster

uplay also has non-ubi games in the store, because of course

Yrael

Ah, I gotcha. It's extra weird because at first this morning it had straight up stolen AoM:EE's slot in the Yesterday's Deals section, which was later added back, with Banished remaining on the front page, instead of the mistake being recognized and it being removed. Maybe it was decided that Banished deserved the extra exposure or something.

Yeah, could be. Even though I already have the game I do still wish it was 50% so more will have a chance to get the discount...but perhaps it'll be bumped back up to 50% in tomorrow's encore day.

I always read this thread in Morgan Freeman's voice, if that helps

Aaaand now I probably will too.

43705497.jpg

Miguel81

Well, I think that if Double Dragon Neon succeeds in anything, it's pulling away from the game that inspired it.

The original hasn't aged well at all except for the music. Part II is still fantastic, and the last boss fight w/ great music will get you pumped up. Two player is also great unless your buddy is terrible with the platforming sections.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Im glad I remember the whole scene because I cant watch it.

2014 and this region shit still exists.

Ah, I was under the impression that only full episodes were region-restricted -- I can't watch them, either, however individual snippets are fine. I did look on YouTube first, but oddly enough I couldn't find it.

kevin1025

Banned
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

xheRJRF.gif
Mystery Game (probably Bad Rats, definitely not Shovel Knight) -- MB-1435CAB87E0F9154 - Taken by kevin1025. 135 entrants total.

t1404009343z1.png

:O Oh man, oh man! OH MAN! It was Shovel Knight! I am so thankful, this is awesome! Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom