• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

natertots

:O Oh man, oh man! OH MAN! It was Shovel Knight! I am so thankful, this is awesome! Thank you so much!

This game is soooooo good. Played on my brothers 3ds for a bit and I'm itching for more. Picking it up tomorrow since I'll have some quiet tine here and I'll really be able to dive in.

dot

5XBK3wn.png

First it was Bad Rats, now it's this. I think this guy enjoys making me suffer. T_T

then again....he did gift me Dark Souls 2 out of pity.

zkylon

zkylewd
It turns the game into something akin to Jimbo and Ned's recount of the Vietnam War.
wow american south park sounds really weird lol

had forgotten since i haven't watched the movie in a long time

i wonder if the south park game can be set to like latin american voices cos those are pretty great

uplay also has non-ubi games in the store, because of course
but do they have teams with colors!?

Veteran mode is just hints turned off. Useless really.

Fucking love the game. First time I ever started playing and finished a game during a Steam sale.
i'm trying to think what the narrator's voice reminds me of but can't quite make it out

I now have a Summer Card #1 to trade away for anything that is offered to me through the Trade program on Steam. First offer gets accepted, what I gain is then offered forward. GAFSteam has been overly generous to me this sale.
Steam Name: Runwhiteboyrun

Edit: Taken.

I didn't know that crafting any badge at all, gave a point to your designated team? I just made an XCOM Bureau badge, and it gave my team 1 point. I thought it was just summer badges that did that. Wish I knew that sooner. I would have held off on making it, unless I knew my team was at least high on the board.

tylerf

Pretty bummed ootp lost its vote and then never came back. Was the only thing I definitely wanted out of this sale.

Turfster

but do they have teams with colors!?

Better. They have wallpapers and skins!

I didn't know that crafting any badge at all, gave a point to your designated team? I just made an XCOM Bureau badge, and it gave my team 1 point. I thought it was just summer badges that did that. Wish I knew that sooner. I would have held off on making it, unless I knew my team was at least high on the board.

It's uh... the last day of the team crap, so it's today or nothing, if you haven't done any.

Reminder

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Avadon Black Fortress -- MB-86014E10F6842EEB - Taken by Myshkin. 3 entrants total.
Cave Story -- MB-22B0FFB02C11DFD8 - Taken by SugarDave. 8 entrants total.
Zen Bound 2 -- MB-1A6680D8EF775E62 - Taken by Orthogonal. 4 entrants total.
Cogs -- MB-F326AB4FDF8D707E - Taken by celsowmbr. 3 entrants total.
Dear Esther -- MB-E025B0C85DFD884A - Taken by purg3. 10 entrants total.
Leviathan Warships -- MB-F58A8E759401A02D - Taken by ChronoX. 4 entrants total.
English Country Tune -- MB-35074973206CC469
Bastion -- MB-1458A7CE8BC45ABE - Taken by famfrit. 5 entrants total.
Splice -- MB-1A0467A353B60C61 - Taken by Dambrosi. 4 entrants total.
Cortex Command -- MB-01574E015BDD7D5F - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 2 entrants total.
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 -- MB-54935A08764DC7B0 - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 10 entrants total.
Nightsky -- MB-76D3319441F0DF05 - Taken by MBison. 3 entrants total.
Intrusion 2 -- MB-1C1CD23BCFC9D1CA

t1404021644z1.png

Ruze789

I have $2.22 left in my Steam Wallet, locked out of the Steam market until a couple hours after the cards expire on the 30th (due to that Mars money), and can't seem to get any additional Mars money to apply to my account.

Not sure if I want to put more money in my Steam wallet so I can buy more games I want to buy but won't play (at least Portal 2), or if I should just buy two copies of Marlow Briggs, give one away and call it a wrap.

KarmaCow

I bought the Orcs Must Die 2 complete pack. What should I expect? I liked Dungeon Defenders.

It's more rigid than Dungeon Defenders, there is a bigger focus on creating kill rooms with trap combos. Fighting yourself is still a big component but I think there is more planning involved compared to DD, but I haven't played DD too much.

kevin1025

Banned
I have $2.22 left in my Steam Wallet, locked out of the Steam market until a couple hours after the cards expire on the 30th (due to that Mars money), and can't seem to get any additional Mars money to apply to my account.

Not sure if I want to put more money in my Steam wallet so I can buy more games I want to buy but won't play (at least Portal 2), or if I should just buy two copies of Marlow Briggs, give one away and call it a wrap.

You can never go wrong with Marlow Briggs!

Marlow Briggs + Magical Drop 5 (if you like puzzle games)

Red

Just finished Brothers after buying it a few days ago and can't recommend it enough at $3. If it goes on sale again buy buy buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom