• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

J4N49h5.png

g5oH5mM.gif

is everyone jelly yet

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So what happened earlier today? Did Pink actually gather enough points near the end and won the day, or it was still red winning and pink just magically (ie: valve decides who wins everyday) "won"?

I wasn't around for the turn today (class + Brazil soccer match), so I didn't really see/understand what happened.

Red had like 3 times the points when I went to sleep the day before.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So what makes Bad Rats a bad game?

it is a physics based puzzler made by a 3 year old who smeared shit all over their father's hand-coded game engine and doodled rough play dough versions of cats and rats in maya and they somehow managed to get it up on steam

it should be mentioned that the physics engine doesn't actually exist, it's entirely RNG based.

Eusis

Cruelty to cats.

:(

And basically everything else.
What really makes it special there is that usually any that depict cats as the antagonist/target tend to portray them in a way that makes them actually menacing or otherwise not sympathetic, just look at the Chu Chu Rocket commercial. Bad Rats makes it clear they're suffering prisoners with actual meow recordings and gruesome deaths. It's like a warped mockery of The Incredible Machine.

M.Steiner

Assuming the Aliens community vote wins, wasn't XCOM: Enemy Unknown 75% off earlier on in the sale?. Not 67% as the vote has it listed as?
Was recommending it to a friend that's all (should it go cheaper again) but looking at the page it doesn't look like it'll be going as cheap as it was the first time around if it does get picked. Mistake perhaps?

dot

Haha, i don't mean to gloat everybody. Just shocked and excited about all this.

This page has so many spongebobs.

I would think Steam would be a little smarter to make it not so obvious that the last day is purposely setup to seem like a to the nose finish with all 5 teams. I don't think I've seen a 1000 point difference between first and last in hours.

Yrael

I would think Steam would be a little smarter to make it not so obvious that the last day is purposely setup to seem like a to the nose finish with all 5 teams. I don't think I've seen a 1000 point difference between first and last in hours.

I think I did see pink get ahead by about 3000 points over the last place team once, but it was very quickly pulled down again. I do agree that there's probably a little bit of "help" happening though.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I hadn't paid attention to the metagame today but how is this shit not rigged? Everyone is like within a thousand points of each other...

Its not rigged OK you're just tripping on acid. Valve would never lie.

What even gave you the idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom