• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

Ah apparently there was a glitch on the M&M cash site where people could get win every time. So that explains the down time.

This is why we can't have anything nice. :(
Wonder if it's actually meant to be one win period. If so... ah well, that would be fairer (and make more sense really.)

So, is shadowrun returns and the dragonfall dlc worth it? It's either that or Divinity Original Sin but that's like twice as much even though it's what I've been wanting for a while now. I guess I'll pull the trigger on which ever one you wonderful honorable and honest people think I should.

EDIT: Unless you have a better suggestion for a good turn based strategy game.

Ibuki

Banned
Wonder if it's actually meant to be one win period. If so... ah well, that would be fairer (and make more sense really.)

If that was the case, why would they let you enter multiple times with the same number? I just think the win chances are really low.

DogMeat77

Nah pretty sure it states that you can try every new day period. The problem is that it was an exploit people were doing that didn't require even texting according to what I just read. Hopefully they don't shut down the contest because of it... but seeing as I finally won tonight, that would probably be about my luck lol.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I read reports of a glitch where the last three numbers were the only thing different on the madtercards and people could steal them, but all of mine had more than three numbers different.

_hekk05

Banned
Yeah, I was bummed I couldn't get in on Broforce 4packs, but all my sale funds were in my steam wallet so I couldn't paypal anyone.

Ikaruga and Double Dragon missing community votes and not getting put on flash yet is criminal, though.

We had a whole bunch of broforce 4 packs. 3 keys each, so about 6.60 usd for a copy. In fact I'm kinda sure there are still 1 or 2 copies left. Try the B/S/T thread

Nah pretty sure it states that you can try every new day period. The problem is that it was an exploit people were doing that didn't require even texting according to what I just read. Hopefully they don't shut down the contest because of it... but seeing as I finally won tonight, that would probably be about my luck lol.

I read reports of a glitch where the last three numbers were the only thing different on the madtercards and people could steal them, but all of mine had more than three numbers different.

Dammit I just want to buy Baldur's Gate II

pahamrick

So, is shadowrun returns and the dragonfall dlc worth it? It's either that or Divinity Original Sin but that's like twice as much even though it's what I've been wanting for a while now. I guess I'll pull the trigger on which ever one you wonderful honorable and honest people think I should.

Well, Divinity: Original Sin is massive compared to Shadowrun Returns + Dragonfall. I think I've spent close to 16 hours in D:OS just in the early access part.

If you have the funds for Divinity, I really recommend that. It's truly an amazing RPG from what I've played, and deserves every sale it can get.

I've only played a handful of Shadowrun Returns + Dragonfall at a friend's house, haven't really dug into my own copies since getting them yet, but the writing in it was fantastic but you can probably blow through both campaigns in a weekend.

We had a whole bunch of broforce 4 packs. 3 keys each, so about 6.60 usd for a copy. In fact I'm kinda sure there are still 1 or 2 copies left. Try the B/S/T thread

I got locked out of the market due to the M&M cash, it won't be lifted for a few more days so no keys for me. Plus I spent the remainder of my wallet balance for my giveaway. I'll just wait until it's on sale again.

Eusis

Well, there ARE a limited number of codes too, if they exhausted them due to this situation that alone would force a shutdown: they literally ran out! And probably wouldn't be allocated the extra budget for it.

Ibuki

Banned
I could listen to her talk all day.

Oh my god i've only seen here in avatars/gifs, never heard her talk. I have to agree.

I'm here for you, Boss!

43101332.jpg

Lain

nbnt snipedgifted me Teslagrad :eek:

Not that cool, he says.

The game isn't too bad, nice to look at and with the platforming working sorta like puzzles. Maybe it's a bit annoying how certain points need extreme precision (well they did for me) though I didn't finish the game, not even close, so maybe it gets worse.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I could listen to her talk all day.
Oh my god i've only seen here in avatars/gifs, never heard her talk. I have to agree.

Her hour-long interview on the Nerdist Podcast is pretty much the best thing ever.

Goddamn Wolfenstein is big.

Is it justified?

The game isn't much of a looker but the campaign is quite long, especially for an FPS in 2014. A mate and I reached (what I assumed to be) the final chapter across a couple of weekends and I'd say we'd put in at least ~15 hours.

Goddamn Wolfenstein is big.

Is it justified?

There are a ton of terrible textures so compared to other games no. It's pretty lengthy with a ton of completely different locations though.
MEGATEXTURES

Edit: If you mean in terms of quality it's one of the best FPS shooters ever made, certainly within the last couple years so yes.

aku:jiki

The game isn't too bad, nice to look at and with the platforming working sorta like puzzles. Maybe it's a bit annoying how certain points need extreme precision (well they did for me) though I didn't finish the game, not even close, so maybe it gets worse.
I thought the puzzles felt kinda samey, but then again, I'm only about 90 minutes in. I struggle to find the motivation to play it, though... Not bad by any means, just not very compelling either.

Morris

Disco Devil
If Brothers made you feel weird, then yes. To The Moon is a game you should get.

I liked too the moon but I also think its overrated. Have fun with it, but don't expect anything really mindblowing.

Absolutely. It's well loved here. For me personally, I didn't love it at first until Act II kicked in. Then it really took me by surprise, and I really enjoyed it. Well worth the price.

Cool. Thanks! Just pulled the trigger.

Z9w5Mml.png

This is actually the first game I buy for myself this sale. Not sure if i'm going to be playing it anytime soon after the avalanche of ~feelings~ that was Brothers though.

pahamrick

Well, there ARE a limited number of codes too, if they exhausted them due to this situation that alone would force a shutdown: they literally ran out! And probably wouldn't be allocated the extra budget for it.

If the exploit didn't require texting, they probably ran out because their was definitely a finite amount of codes. I want to say they were giving out 3 million total so 500000 codes.

Thanks pahamrick for card #10. =]

No problem!

Anustart

Does it always take a year and a half to ditch the cops in sleeping dogs? On foot I was gaining about a centimeter inn em every 10 minutes :/

zkylon

zkylewd
valiant hearts is surprisingly buggy

might be just bad luck but like my controller got all the keys wrong at one point (i was "validating" with b and like pausing with like R3 wth?) and i've gotten like two scripting errors already

weird

You mean your hair isn't actually pink? I feel lied to.
i wish

i once dyed my hair silver tho

Same! Also that cliffhanger after that event hnghh
yea that was the most terribly mean thing anyone's ever done to me

like dam

rrs

Does it always take a year and a half to ditch the cops in sleeping dogs? On foot I was gaining about a centimeter inn em every 10 minutes :/

Try to smash the cop cars at low levels, or jump off the various out walls near the highway when the cops start shooting at you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom