• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
also I don't like how stupidly stingy valve is being with this whole sales selection thing. I miss indie packs that highlighted subgenres of things that would otherwise be ignored individually discounted fairly steeply and slightly more discounted when bought all together. Doesn't help that most of my wishlist is indie stuff so it has zero chance of showing up when some games show up like 3 times in one sale
I remember the publisher packs being good deals a handful of years back as well, so I managed to pick up a lot of good non-indie and indie games for cheap. This year, Steam either had games I wanted at non-significantly discounted rates, or a lot of Early Access zombie/survival games. It doesn't help that I'm kind of OCD about DLC, as well, so that means I need to wait even longer for the deals my brain can instantly say, "Yes," to.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
poxqsw.png

z6770ti.jpg

Anteater

Well, saved some money because the coop games got killed in the community votes, not picking them up since I already asked my friends to pick up a few games already and we play once every 2 weeks.

Community vote is pretty useless, half of the games we wanted lost :(

So what were everyone's "hidden gems" of the sale? Stuff you didn't plan on getting but bought/got gifted and loved? Mine are probably Kairo and Ittle Dew. I love the atmosphere and puzzles in Kairo and Ittle Dew is the most goddamn charming game I've ever played, and it's a pretty competent Zelda clone, too. And both of those came from giveaways on SteamGAF, so again, thank you for being an amazing community. <3
I wasn't planning on getting Super Splatters, but then I read some GAF impressions and decided to get it. It's such a good game. Visuals are really vibrant and charming, the game is fun and challenging. Planning out the best strategy and then chaining stunt combos together is very satisfying

Arthea

Has anyone here played Kairo or other cheap puzzle games?

Kairo is good, strange but good, not for everyone, though. It's downright cryptic most of the time.
If you haven't them yet, I suggest Hexcells and Peggle. From larger games Puzzle Quest and M&M Clash of Heroes are GOATs.

Yakkue

I really want to buy the Baldur's Gate games, since they seem to be right up my alley, but all this talk about bugs is putting me off. Has anybody here actually played the Enhanced editions and could tell me how bad those bugs are?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't suppose there are three others here interested in Kingdoms Rise? I can get a four-pack for $2.90 a head.

Edit: Sorted.

Sini

Yep. It's my birthday and I want to share some leftover games I had with you guys. It may not be much, but I hope some people still want to get some FEAR or Batman. :) Also I didn't include the Lurker restriction, because these threads move so fast during sale. Thank you for this great community. I also hid a steamgifts giveaway link in Email tags in this post. It's for 5 copies of Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light with required contribution of 30.01 on steamgifts (that's bundle games and at least one non bundle game given away). Good Luck :)[/EMAIL]
Wtf? Why does Anomaly: Warzone Earth have poop icon? o_O
I thought Stumpokapow said it was reserved for games that are universally disliked.

ViviOggi

Yep. It's my birthday and I want to share some leftover games I had with you guys. It may not be much, but I hope some people still want to get some FEAR or Batman. :) Also I didn't include the Lurker restriction, because these threads move so fast during sale. Thank you for this great community. I also hid a steamgifts giveaway link in Email tags in this post. It's for 5 copies of Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light with required contribution of 30.01 on steamgifts (that's bundle games and at least one non bundle game given away). Good Luck :)

Congrats and nice giveaway!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I don't suppose there are three others here interested in Kingdoms Rise? I can get a four-pack for $2.90 a head.

For that price I may be interested, despite the game being pretty dead apparently. If you can get two more people to join I'll be your fourth

Ozium

Yep. It's my birthday and I want to share some leftover games I had with you guys. It may not be much, but I hope some people still want to get some FEAR or Batman. :) Also I didn't include the Lurker restriction, because these threads move so fast during sale. Thank you for this great community. I also hid a steamgifts giveaway link in Email tags in this post. It's for 5 copies of Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light with required contribution of 30.01 on steamgifts (that's bundle games and at least one non bundle game given away). Good Luck :)

Happy Birthday and thanks for the raffle!

Okingjrr

Ok steamGAF, I've got 1.40€ in my steam wallet thanks to selling off the rest of my trading cards.
What should I get ? I've already been to the hidden deals thread, already got Marlow Briggs.
How is Velvet Assassin ? At 0.49€, it's a steal !

Do you guys have any recommendations ?

Ozium

Ok steamGAF, I've got 1.40€ in my steam wallet thanks to selling off the rest of my trading cards.
What should I get ? I've already been to the hidden deals thread, already got Marlow Briggs.
How is Velvet Assassin ? At 0.49€, it's a steal !

Do you guys have any recommendations ?

one way heroics

I sent Modbot a giveaway registration about 25 minutes ago... is it just going slow, or did I possibly do something wrong and need to resend it?

prices are rising, makes no sense...

There's no more cards coming into the ecosystem unless you actually buy games, and only 8 hours left to decide the (artificially set by Valve) tie.

Vuze

Lara Croft Link

Happy birthday!

Arthea

There's no more cards coming into the ecosystem unless you actually buy games, and only 8 hours left to decide the (artificially set by Valve) tie.

also cards disappear, so they should drop in price, it's better getting some money than none, in my eyes, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom