• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Been having some modding fun with Resident Evil 6, playing 7-player online infinite enemies (with increased boss spawn rate) Mercenaries No Mercy is something else.

My take on this sale.......Piece of Shit...Steam's competition GoG/Green/Amazon has done a better job in recent years, if they hope to compete with them they better improve, way too many repeats, popular games from previous sale should have only been on Community and Flash, the 24 hour sale should be new games every time, repeat sale keeps my money in my pocket, I had $100 ready for the sale and because of all the fucking repeats, I decided to spend $20, unless something comes up I am putting the $80 in to a arcade stick..

The-Bean

Does anyone else have any problems with the Steam Overlay not working in The Witcher 2? Achievements are working fine but I get no pop-up in the corner and shift+tab doesn't work.

Currently on Windows 8.1, pretty sure it was working fine in Windows 7 a few months ago.

Kiru

Congrats and nice giveaway!

Happy birthday!

Happy BIrthday Kiru!

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday!

Happe birhtday, Kiru!

44 GB for Wolfenstein? That's a lot. Just have 38 GB of free space on my SSD.
Thank you guys! :)

Also I didn't expect this:
gifts50snn.png

<3 Chariot

GAF is great!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hoping Bastion appears again with 75% off in the encore thingy.

it wont, encore are for either AAA games or popular indie games

not 5 year old indie games, sorry :/

Yep. It's my birthday and I want to share some leftover games I had with you guys. It may not be much, but I hope some people still want to get some FEAR or Batman. :) Also I didn't include the Lurker restriction, because these threads move so fast during sale. Thank you for this great community. I also hid a steamgifts giveaway link in Email tags in this post. It's for 5 copies of Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light with required contribution of 30.01 on steamgifts (that's bundle games and at least one non bundle game given away). Good Luck :)

Lara Croft Link

Happy Birthday! And that's a terrific giveaway.

Yrael

Yep. It's my birthday and I want to share some leftover games I had with you guys. It may not be much, but I hope some people still want to get some FEAR or Batman. :) Also I didn't include the Lurker restriction, because these threads move so fast during sale. Thank you for this great community. I also hid a steamgifts giveaway link in Email tags in this post. It's for 5 copies of Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light with required contribution of 30.01 on steamgifts (that's bundle games and at least one non bundle game given away). Good Luck :)

Lara Croft Link

Happy birthday!

Damn this summer sale, Sam & Max only 50% off during the whole summer sale, despite it being 80% off at Amazon just a month ago.
Steam is just getting awful with extremely boring deals, deals that are somehow worse than earlier (i.e. CS:GO), deals that are worse than other retailers and also this horrible horrible meta-game.

This bullshit practice with non-upgradable base->GOTY, expensive DLCs and shit is just infuriating too.

Rant over.

Oh, and congratulations Kiru!

Edit: Also, nobody seem to give a shit about this issue: Steam Summer Sale Sweepstake Eligability, sure it might be nothing, but noone have really proven it wrong.

I got a popup saying I had guest passes for a game, but the image was broken and I don't see any guest passes in my inventory. None of the games I just bought have multiplayer. Any ideas, or just a bug?

Happened to me yesterday when I crafted a summer badge. Maybe the fact that I got a spiral knights item had something to do with it?

Arthea

Damn this summer sale, no Sam & Max sale despite it being 80% off at Amazon just a month ago.
Steam is just getting awful with extremely boring deals, deals that are somehow worse than earlier (i.e. CS:GO), deals that are worse than other retailers and also this horrible horrible meta-game.

This bullshit practice with non-upgradable base->GOTY, expensive DLCs and shit is just infuriating too.

Rant over.

Oh, and congratulations Kiru!

seconded, just ranted about it couple of days ago, it's getting worse and it is infuriating.

Yrael

I had that frustration with Skyrim...particularly, the Dragonborn DLC being almost as expensive as the Legendary edition of Skyrim itself with all three DLC packs, with no option to simply upgrade for a few dollars. *_*

Sini

Damn this summer sale, Sam & Max only 50% off during the whole summer sale, despite it being 80% off at Amazon just a month ago.

I'm mad about no Settlers, Anno 1404 and World In Conflict sale.

I'm mad about no Settlers, Anno 1404 and World In Conflict sale.

Yeah, so many games with shitty deals (sometimes not even 50% off), even though they have been around for so long.
Remember the good old days when they even would put publisher packs with a shitload of games at +66% off?
Seems like those golden days are gone long past.

I noticed a game called Astebreed which is some mech shmup. Looks pretty neat. Anyone here play it?

I'm considering Killer is Dead and may just pick up other cheapy stuff. Grim Dawn looks nice too. Its from the Titan Quest dudes right?

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Do you always receive a reply to your MPs to ModBot when you take part in a raffle wether you win or not? I never did despite what the text says, just wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Ryne

Do you always receive a reply to your MPs to ModBot when you take part in a raffle wether you win or not? I never did despite what the text says, just wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Only replies if you win, no entry replies or anything.

Lara Croft Link

Nice giveaway man, happy birthday!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, so many games with shitty deals (sometimes not even 50% off), even though they have been around for so long.
Remember the good old days when they even would put publisher packs with a shitload of games at +66% off?
Seems like those golden days are gone long past.

To be fair, Ubi has always been stingy with its non-tentpole franchises as far as Steam is concerned. World in Conflict and all of the The Settlers games have never been more than half off, and Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery no higher than 40% off, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom