• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yrael

I was away yesterday. Did I miss anything good?

Why is pink team being a dick and flipping the board?

Channelling Alan Rickman.

teoidVc.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Should I buy Insurgency now or will it have a chance of getting cheaper on the last day (I think tomorrow is the last day?).

insurgency was a daily, and its way too niche and not popular to be in the encore. could happen tho, just wait 6 more hours

edit: go green go!

9afd148e18bf6e3d1e15b2ab8560a9b5.jpg

Sarcasm

I can't seem to vote.

Also how's State of Decay?

I think it's fun. It had that character perma death but you don't lose your wave just go to another survivor. It actually feels like survival since resources are finite. I have 14 hours and I am not done though supposedly base game can be beat in 12.

Yep. It's my birthday and I want to share some leftover games I had with you guys. It may not be much, but I hope some people still want to get some FEAR or Batman. :) Also I didn't include the Lurker restriction, because these threads move so fast during sale. Thank you for this great community. I also hid a steamgifts giveaway link in Email tags in this post. It's for 5 copies of Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light with required contribution of 30.01 on steamgifts (that's bundle games and at least one non bundle game given away). Good Luck :)

Lara Croft Link
Happy Birthday Kiru!

Happy Birthday Kiru, I hope you have an awesome day!

Zvdr7.gif
lol!

velociraptor

Steam support is the absolute worst.

Fuck this 7 day trading limit bollocks. Been unable to craft any badges to contribute for the glorious red team. Who knows, I might even have won some games.

Also prevented from buying games from Russian traders at cheap prices. :{

Indignate

Steam support is the absolute worst.

Fuck this 7 day trading limit bollocks. Been unable to craft any badges to contribute for the glorious red team. Who knows, I might even have won some games.

Also prevented from buying games from Russian traders at cheap prices. :{

I was reading that it might be only computer based.

If possible, have you tried logging in from a different source?

velociraptor

I was reading that it might be only computer based.

If possible, have you tried logging in from a different source?
I've been away from home since Wednesday. Logged on Steam this Thursday on my laptop, and have been presented with a '7 day ban' because this is a new device and to prevent 'unauthorised activity'.

Don't understand why; I have Steam Guard enabled, and my laptop has always had Steam on it.

To be fair, Ubi has always been stingy with its non-tentpole franchises as far as Steam is concerned. World in Conflict and all of the The Settlers games have never been more than half off, and Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery no higher than 40% off, for example.

Sure, maybe not on Steam, but my point still stands since it have been cheaper on other retailers.
GetGamesGo and GreenManGaming have previously had them at 75% off. (Anno 1404 Gold was €3.79 on GMG only 2 weeks ago, that's cheaper than Anno 1404 base @ Steam...........)
I guess publishers are just aware of how big Steam is and doesn't care about giving them great deals anymore since the userbase is already there.
I mean, Sam & Max, 80% off a month ago on Amazon (why did i miss it!) and only 50% off at Steam......... been waiting for it to go 75% off again since 2 years or so.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sure, maybe not on Steam, but my point still stands since it have been cheaper on other retailers.
GetGamesGo and GreenManGaming have previously had them at 75% off. (Anno 1404 Gold was €3.79 on GMG only 2 weeks ago)
I guess publishers are just aware of how big Steam is and doesn't care about giving them great deals anymore since the userbase is already there.
I mean, Sam & Max, 80% off a month ago on Amazon (why did i miss it!) and only 50% off at Steam......... been waiting for it to go 75% off again since 2 years or so.

Yeah, I wasn't refuting your overall point (Valve's complacency), just suggesting that Ubi isn't exactly the best example. ;)

derExperte

After watching a number of Grim Dawn videos I'll wait, it seems to be a solid hack'n'slay but nothing spectacular. Hard to tell when it'll be finished too. See you during winter sale.

JustLynx

Yep. It's my birthday and I want to share some leftover games I had with you guys. It may not be much, but I hope some people still want to get some FEAR or Batman. :) Also I didn't include the Lurker restriction, because these threads move so fast during sale. Thank you for this great community. I also hid a steamgifts giveaway link in Email tags in this post. It's for 5 copies of Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light with required contribution of 30.01 on steamgifts (that's bundle games and at least one non bundle game given away). Good Luck :)

Happy birthday kiru :D
and thank you :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
After watching a number of Grim Dawn videos I'll wait, it seems to be a solid hack'n'slay but nothing spectacular. Hard to tell when it'll be finished too. See you during winter sale.

pretty much. theres only a handful of early access games I would be interested in even in EA state, Merc Kings and Broforce I got, the only I skipped was Planet Explorers, which looks pretty cool. oh well

IcyEyes

I hope a moderator will come here to remove these gif from this thread.
It's not funny at all and people who post things like that have serious problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom