• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I feel sick. I tried to search on a news story on this, but instead I got the story of four girls gifting a family a cake literally full of shit.
i just randomly ended up at some forum reading about a guy being freaked out cos his sister wanted to lose her virginity to her dog

the shit you find at the internet when you're sleepy and keep mindlessly clicking

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's a glitch voting will return in December :)
Voting over

Weird, why does it says another stuff to vote when the voting button is gone?

I think it's fun. It had that character perma death but you don't lose your wave just go to another survivor. It actually feels like survival since resources are finite. I have 14 hours and I am not done though supposedly base game can be beat in 12.
I played it for a couple hours using the same character then she died. Now I don't want to continue.

She had great combat skills dammit, everyone else is a sack of potatoes. ;^;

Oh, now I'm interested.

Anteater

hmm second foil of the day, it's 30cents and not like the foils sell anyway :(

I have a feeling the 3 free games are just coming in late, today will be a great day!

derExperte

Theoreticall the card prices should crash as soon as we can't contribute points to the teams anymore. So that's what I'm betting on, selling all my cards now.

Yeah, I wasn't refuting your overall point (Valve's complacency), just suggesting that Ubi isn't exactly the best example. ;)

Yeah, that might be true, damn FUbisoft :p
Was more of a response to the user who posted about those Ubisoft games, there are still a bunch of other games though that shows how Steam and publishers doesn't care about offering us great deals.
These big sales are just a big commercial jippo to fool users that they are getting amazing bargains and make bad decisions under stress.

image.php

tumblr_md3saynPqB1qlvie8o2_r1_250.gif

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I'm a bit sour that Double dragon Neon lost the community vote and never became a daily. Biggest bummer of the sale. :(

But on a more positive note; I still can't believe i've scored Valiant Hearts for one Supply Key. Best deal in months. :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, that might be true, damn FUbisoft :p
Was more of a response to the user who posted about those Ubisoft games, there are still a bunch of other games though that shows how Steam and publishers doesn't care about offering us great deals, these big sales are just a big commercial jippo to fool users that they are getting amazing bargains and make bad decisions under stress.

oowcz2jz4.jpg

(I actually did. Talk about dumb luck!)

Yes but it won't come to Steam because of problems with the old code which make updates to the game almost impossible.
It probably will never come to Steam because it would have to be completely reprogrammed for some reason or another.

Chubigans should upload the app anyway and distribute keys to those who want it. You know, for science or whatever.

Edit: Ah, as per his update on the situation a month ago it seems he does plan to get around to sprucing up TOB when he has the time. Good-o!

Adventis

Whoa, went to sleep and woke up just 2 mins shy of voting on the last set of community deals...what was the other section up for grabs? Also was just 1 vote short of earning another card. =(

Got enough funds for one last purchase of the summer sale, either Shadowrun + DLC or Shadowrun (base game) + State of Decay, yay or nay?

Also what's everyone's opinion on Killer is Dead? Never heard of it before the flash but it looks rad.

n3OvilK.png

Patiently waiting for the final flash sales / encore day before I grab these. Luckily I have 29:23:00 on all of them left so I've got plenty of time.

wilflare

does ACIV use Uplay?
What happens if you already own a game on Uplay (and then u purchase the Steam version that uses Uplay to launch?)

JaseC

does ACIV use Uplay?

Yes. Every internally-developed Ubi game beginning with AssCreed 2 uses Uplay, with the sole exception of Rayman Origins.

What happens if you already own a game on Uplay (and then u purchase the Steam version that uses Uplay to launch?)

The general versions and Steam versions of Uplay games are technically different, so if you logged into Uplay proper you'd see two separate entries. Steam versions of Uplay games must be launched through Steam -- if you attempt to launch them through Uplay, you'll just see a screen like this:

ac3steamuplaym4kjy.jpg

Milamber

Yes. Every internally-developed Ubi game beginning with AssCreed 2 uses Uplay, with the sole exception of Rayman Origins.

The general Uplay versions and Steam versions of Uplay games are technically different, so if you logged into Uplay proper you'd see two separate entries. Steam versions of Uplay games must be launched through Steam -- if you attempt to launch them through Uplay, you'll just see a screen like this:

ac3steamuplaym4kjy.jpg

Don't tell me, your uPlay game count has 2 of every Steam supported game on it.

n3OvilK.png

Patiently waiting for the final flash sales / encore day before I grab these. Luckily I have 29:23:00 on all of them left so I've got plenty of time.
Ha, yeah I just bought The Last Remnant a couple of minutes ago. I figured there was very little chance of a further discount, and I'm not going to complain if there is - it's a steal at $2.50 anyway.

looking through the free games that Steam has given out you have Dark Souls II, Witcher 3 and Wolfenstein rounding out the top 3

The whole list shows some people either didn't tune their wishlist correctly or really fail at steam sales

Payday DLC?
Sleeping Dogs?
Killing Floor?

those are not the first things i'd go for if given the choice of a free game since they're routinely heavily discounted either in the past or even in this sale

JaseC

looking through the free games that Steam has given out you have Dark Souls II, Witcher 3 and Wolfenstein rounding out the top 3

The whole list shows some people either didn't tune their wishlist correctly or really fail at steam sales

Payday DLC?
Sleeping Dogs?
Killing Floor?

those are not the first things i'd go for if given the choice of a free game since they're routinely heavily discounted either in the past or even in this sale

Originally, the fact that one's top three wishlist items are chosen was buried away in the full T&Cs; this detail wasn't added to the FAQ page until later, so understandably many would have missed it.

Ruruja

Payday DLC?
Sleeping Dogs?
Killing Floor?

If there's one thing you should have learnt by now, it's that the Steam Community does not make sense. It is an anomaly.

JaseC

you aren't? that's unbelievable!
It's strange that you don't mind Uplay, when it keeps stealing your save files.

It's something of a love-hate relationship. Uplay may play silly buggers with my saves, but on the other hand it has AssCreed...

saoirseshrug8njim.gif

Which version of Lost Planet doesn't use GFWL?

The original release. Yes, Capcom went backwards, opting for GFWL when it came time to re-release the game.

wilflare

what are some really fun games to play with controller on Steam?
if only the Steam client Library is that dynamic for me to switch categories on the fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom