• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudoboi

If you're gonna play them within 3 months then yes. Or buy them in Autumn sale.

tbh money isnt the issue for me. its time. I have yet to complete Bastion, Shadowrun Returns (excluding the DLC), the swapper, wolfenstein the new order (
i'm at the part after killing the massive robot which i assume is near the end
) and battleblock theater. my Exams starts in 1 month all the way to end of october and i'm not sure if i will have a lot of time to complete everything

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is Of Orcs and Men region locked? I asked a trader and he told me that it's not but after visiting it's steamdb page I have doubts

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I'm pretty sure it's not the Colonies one but don't take my word for it.

The original release. Yes, Capcom went backwards, opting for GFWL when it came time to re-release the game.

Vanilla version is GFWL Free. You´re welcome.

Thanks. It's also the only versione on Steam right now, I remember that the Colonies version was avaible too.

But since Colonies only adds multiplayer contents, I'm not going to miss it, if I buy the game. Any feedback on it?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
what are some really fun games to play with controller on Steam?
if only the Steam client Library is that dynamic for me to switch categories on the fly

Depressurizer

It doesnt sort them automatically but you can put games into categories easier with this. It might be the best idea to use it even if it takes you time to organize them.

Arthea

My wishlist went from 65 to 55, not bad, if only all those games were dailies or flash deals (><)

Now to decide what to play like right now.
Such a torture

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Of Orcs and Men region locked? I asked a trader and he told me that it's not but after visiting it's steamdb page I have doubts

The ROW sub has no list of restricted countries, so traders can use a trick to buy it at the cheaper price. Make sure you confirm with him that it is the ROW version, though.

The RU one is, but I found a ROW one at the beginning of the sale for 3 TF2 keys and it's not locked, probably from Brazil or something. EDIT: Maybe not from brazil, see post above.

I asked before but it got probably lost in the fast-paced nature of the thread, how do I get added to the GAF Steam group? Can I PM someone?

Sub Zero

The ROW sub has no list of restricted countries, so traders can use a trick to buy it at the cheaper price. Make sure you confirm with him that it is the ROW version, though.

So he can still get the ROW sub with the russian price? Page for the ROW sub doesn't list a RU price

JaseC

I asked before but it got probably lost in the fast-paced nature of the thread, how do I get added to the GAF Steam group? Can I PM someone?

Post a link to your profile and someone will invite you.

So he can still get the ROW sub with the russian price? Page for the ROW sub doesn't list a RU price

Yes. This is how people were buying South Park for ~$20 earlier in the year.

looking through the free games that Steam has given out you have Dark Souls II, Witcher 3 and Wolfenstein rounding out the top 3

The whole list shows some people either didn't tune their wishlist correctly or really fail at steam sales

Payday DLC?
Sleeping Dogs?
Killing Floor?

those are not the first things i'd go for if given the choice of a free game since they're routinely heavily discounted either in the past or even in this sale

Can you provide a link to where I can see it?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My wishlist went from 65 to 55, not bad, if only all those games were dailies or flash deals (><)

Now to decide what to play like right now.
Such a torture

Mine went from 140ish to 176

Blame the cheap game thread that had many interesting stuff.

Sub Zero

Sub Zero, just curious, how much is the trader asking for Orcs?

Spoke with a bunch of them and most were asking for 2.5 keys. There was a guy who wanted 2 keys for it but he didn't know how to get me a ROW copy

liezryou

Ok so if i read this correctly - We will still be able to make badges and get the steam summer sale item rewards after today but no more racing for points? (until the sale ends)

JaseC

Spoke with a bunch of them and most were asking for 2.5 keys. There was a guy who wanted 2 keys for it but he didn't know how to get me a ROW copy

It's dangerous, anyway (for sellers, I mean). Quite a few people copped trading bans after Ubi fixed up South Park's ROW sub.

Ok so if i read this correctly - We will still be able to make badges and get the steam summer sale item rewards after today but no more racing for points? (until the sale ends)

That's a bingo. The meta-game ends in a little under five hours, however the cards won't expire for a further 25.

Evrain

I noticed a game called Astebreed which is some mech shmup. Looks pretty neat. Anyone here play it?

I'm considering Killer is Dead and may just pick up other cheapy stuff. Grim Dawn looks nice too. Its from the Titan Quest dudes right?
It's from Edelweiss, the same dev behind Ether Vapor and Fairy Bloom Freesia. Little more than a one-man-team. Asterbreed is a neat little shmup, with impressive visuals and, just like Ether Vapor, a 2.5D style of gameplay: think of a cross between EW, Macross and Alltynex 2nd. Personally, I'd highly recommend it to any danmaku fan out there, while waiting for CAVE to wisen up and Treasure to re-release Gradius V along with their new IP.

How do you pay for half a key?
A Tour of Duty ticket.

jfoul

I just hit level 8 and I didn't get any cards from my community votes. Hopefully I get them, I voted every 8 hours..

Post a link to your profile and someone will invite you.

Yes. This is how people were buying South Park for ~$20 earlier in the year.

just need to link your profile and ninjas will add you

edit: ninja'ed by soysauce roman

Okay thanks :) Here is it then: http://steamcommunity.com/id/01021450

I temporarily set it to Public instead of Friends Only and have this weird custom ID too to protect my account. During MW2 days it was once hacked and I wasn't sure how it happened so I tightened security however thanks to Steam Guard I think I can make it a bit more lax again.

EDIT: I set it to "Viewable by logged in Steam Users" I hope that's okay, if not I can set it to full public for a moment.

As soon as the sale ends, the Summer Adventure cards disappear. If you're going to craft a badge or sell them, make sure you make some time for that.

Arthea

It's dangerous, anyway (for sellers, I mean). Quite a few people copped trading bans after Ubi fixed up South Park's ROW sub.

That's a bingo. The meta-game ends in a little under five hours, however the cards won't expire for a further 25.

wait a second, what's trading ban?

As soon as the sale ends, the Summer Adventure cards disappear. If you're going to craft a badge or sell them, make sure you make some time for that.

Also it's worth noting, that last day market can crash, it happened before. The last sale I couldn't access market at all on the last day, yes, all day.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I'm a bit sour that Double dragon Neon lost the community vote and never became a daily. Biggest bummer of the sale. :(
You know what's worse then that? Buying it anyhow and finding out it's a fucked-up port. How can a game like this suffer under such extreme performance issues? It's beyond me.
Still screwing around and googling for a fix, but for now i'd say; stay clear. It's a brilliant game, but the pc version is buggy as heck. Lot's of people with crashes, long playsessions causing intense stuttering (or after just booting the game up, like in my case) and some weird slowmo bug. Ugh.
Ofcourse, you'll only read about these things after buying the game. Kinda my fault, but I never would have expected it to be so horrible.

I went over my budget for a terrible port of an awesome game. I'm feeling a bit sad right now. :(

JaseC

wait a second, what's trading ban?

It prevents people from using Steam/Steam Community's trading feature. It's one of the handful of restrictions that make up the new system that Vave implemented in early 2013, in favour of moving past banning accounts outright. Other restrictions are in the areas of:

- The Market
- Steam Community as a whole
- CD key redemption, and
- Store purchases

Valve no longer revokes access to your pre-existing library -- even if you screw up in the worst possible way, at worst Steam will just function as a game launcher.

Falt

Quick question, is today the last day that new sales will be going up? Or will there be a fresh daily tomorrow too? How does the end of sale work really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom