• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get my beta invite for Dirty Bomb (+ 3 others) right as the sale is ending, and I should start ticking away at my backlog.

That classifies as me gettihg trolled, right?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Quick question, is today the last day that new sales will be going up? Or will there be a fresh daily tomorrow too? How does the end of sale work really?

I don't think we will be getting new dailies today. Probably an encore

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Quick question, is today the last day that new sales will be going up? Or will there be a fresh daily tomorrow too? How does the end of sale work really?

The sale as a whole ends in ~29.5 hours. Whether or not the upcoming set of Dailies will last 48 hours remains to be seen, but probably not.

The last few times, the last day of sales (which starts in ~5 hours) was a repeat of the biggest deals
so like every other day amirite
, called an encore day.

If it goes like the last few times, tomorrow will be a best of day. No community votes or flash sales.

Arthea

It prevents people from using Steam/Steam Community's trading feature. It's one of the handful of restrictions that make up the new system that Vave implemented in early 2013, in favour of moving past banning accounts outright. Other restrictions are in the areas of:

- The Market
- Steam Community as a whole
- CD key redemption, and
- Store purchases

Valve no longer revokes access to your pre-existing library -- even if you screw up in the worst possible way, at worst Steam will just function as a game launcher.
Thanks! good intel this (><)

JaseC

you mean this ban not only prevents from using market, but trading with other people too?
I didn't know it was possible to ban in such a way.

Market access and trading privileges are separate. I ninja-edited in an explanation of the restriction system:

... It's one of the handful of restrictions that make up the new system that Vave implemented in early 2013, in favour of moving past banning accounts outright. Other restrictions are in the areas of:

- The Market
- Steam Community as a whole
- CD key redemption, and
- Store purchases

Valve no longer revokes access to your pre-existing library -- even if you screw up in the worst possible way, at worst Steam will just function as a game launcher.

Edit: Ah, you noticed. ;)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
guys, i didnt want to tell you this, but the reason Divinity lost the vote... its my fault.

You see, Casimir told me that it wouldnt come back so I bought it some days ago since he assured me it was safe. When he saw the vote, he knew I would have to hunt him down and eat his left eyeball if it got discounted again, so he paid off a bunch of people on redditt to vote for zombies. Aparently he likes both his eyeballs, I dunno.

So, indirectly, its my fault and I apologize :(

Hmm, I was going to pull the trigger for killer is dead. But, I've decided to pretty much wait till its about half off or more. I've bought too much on this sale anyway.

I just hit level 8 and I didn't get any cards from my community votes. Hopefully I get them, I voted every 8 hours..

I don't know if you'll get them because -- from what I can gather -- they were awarded on the first vote after a person had hit level 8, but there are no more votes for this to happen. This guy/gal seemed to get the cards by buying something from the store.

Dambrosi

Banned
Thanks to RelentlessRolento for Splice!

Damn, some decent flash sales at last, and no money to spend. Ah well, there's always Winter.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
guys, i didnt want to tell you this, but the reason Divinity lost the vote... its my fault.

You see, Casimir told me that it wouldnt come back so I bought it some days ago since he assured me it was safe. When he saw the vote, he knew I would have to hunt him down and eat his left eyeball if it got discounted again, so he paid off a bunch of people on redditt to vote for zombies. Aparently he likes both his eyeballs, I dunno.

If you waited for 1 fucking day, you would have gotten it for free...Now I will probably raffle my kickstarter key

I forgive you.

pahamrick

im sorry I dont have a crystal ball shoved up my ass!

image.php

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Are Astebreed and Ikaruga worth it at their current prices of $9.99 and $4.99 respectively? If I can only get one which one should I get?

Ikaruga is probably the GOAT shooter

ASStebreed looks cool too but it will probably be 75% or in a bundle sooner rather than later

I see that the community voting is done.. and I'm sorry if this is already answered but are the flash sales done too?
I have a bunch of games I want to buy but I just wanted to make sure the sales are done first and it seems the the dailies will be a repeat in a couple hours but will the flash sales be repeats as well?
Thanks

JaseC

I see that the community voting is done.. and I'm sorry if this is already answered but are the flash sales done too?
I have a bunch of games I want to buy but I just wanted to make sure the sales are done first and it seems the the dailies will be a repeat in a couple hours but will the flash sales be repeats as well?
Thanks

Unless Valve forgot to update the countdown text, Flash Sales will continue until the sale ends.

Red

A going away present:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Last Express Gold Edition -- MB-D1EA24862B7CF3D4 - Taken by Diedac. 22 entrants total.

t1404056555z1.png

Unless Valve forgot to update the countdown text, Flash Sales will continue until the sale ends.

Yes it seems that the flash sales will continue but they could start to be repeats now just like the daily deals will be. That is what I was wondering. If they are usually repeat flash sales at this point or new ones.

Kiru

Apparently there are some problems with it. Espically once you get to chapter 3. Also lol its really fanservicey.

Even the promotion was VERY fanservicey. :3
But I loved No More Heroes, so I hope I will enjoy this one too.

good morning guys. Glad to see that Zombies won, now I can pick of State of Decay after originally letting it pass by. Looks like Steam won't allow us to get that last card, pretty lame of em. I really really hope that the new deals won't be encores, they had plenty of em. I'm hoping its for games that didn't get their steeper discount cause they lost the flash sale like that bullet hell game everyone wants(which I think looks really boring), but I know that won't end up being the case.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
how's KiD on PC?
is it a well-done port?

it's not overtly fan-servicey I hope
Its a Unreal Engine game. Game was locked to 30 but its easy to change to 60fps and you can also change the resolution and effects by tweaking the ini. Game runs fine except on a Gigolo mission where you have to do a mission before the date. You can play the game doing the fan service missions 2-3 times to unlock the sub weaponsbut you can defeat the game without em.

The game OT has the instructions on what to edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom