• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurahador

The prices for some of the profile backgrounds...

baroque%20barney.gif

image.php

wilflare

okay now that the thread has slowed down a little
anyone using the Raptr Game Save Manager to consolidate and "cloudify" your game saves?

I'm gonna reformat soon. lol if there's no good solution, I usually just forget it :/

saunderez

I'm so glad these sales are nearly over. I don't even want to know how much I spent, I'll get that suprise when my credit card bill comes. It's not gonna be pretty, but on the upside I just about own every game I've ever played or wanted to play or that has been recommended by someone on GAF....

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
okay now that the thread has slowed down a little
anyone using the Raptr Game Save Manager to consolidate and "cloudify" your game saves?

I'm gonna reformat soon. lol if there's no good solution, I usually just forget it :/

I'm not familiar with Raptr's utility, but most here use GameSave Manager and their cloud storage service of choice (e.g. Dropbox or Google Drive). It's something I'll likely start doing once I'm finally on fibre.

The_Monk

I really need to fix my sleep schedule, hey everyone!

Meanwhile, they are saving the best for last, believe. I see that Blue them was in the lead for a bit, it would be neat if they win in the last day.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Holy shit, I just discovered that Cook, Serve, Delicious has controller support now! I just played some and got two perfect days in a row, something that never would have happened with keyboard controls.

Based Chubigans!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Holy shit, I just discovered that Cook, Serve, Delicious has controller support now! I just played some and got two perfect days in a row, something that never would have happened with keyboard controls.

Based Chubigans!

you just blew my mind. does it work well with a controller?

Ehehe... I didn't specifically meant the anime ones but yeah, 5€+ for some backgrounds in general is wow...

NSFW
Description is hilarious: "All the beauty of Akane!"

Wow I'm surprised it got approved but eh I don't like that one :p

What do you put in the search to look for profile backgrounds? When I put just that in, I get an error.

EDIT: Nvm. It's just Steam being Steam.

Yeah it's wonky at best, I have to mash ENTER 20 times till it finally searches :/

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
you just blew my mind. does it work well with a controller?

I guess that's up to individual preference, but like I said, I got two perfect days in a row with it, which is better than I ever did before. So yeah, I'd say so!

EDIT: You can use either PS or XBox button icons, too. Which is great considering I use a DualShock 3.

Indignate

Based Chubigans!

But hardly any foods begin with A, B, X, or Y.

Not to mention RB, LB, RT, and LT.

Been debating about getting Grim Dawn for the past 2 hours. Just played a bunch of D3:RoS and I still haven't touched Torchlight 2 or Path of Exile yet, but damn if it isn't cheap right now though.

Anyone here put much time into GD?

wilflare

I'm not familiar with Raptr's utility, but most here use GameSave Manager and their cloud storage service of choice (e.g. Dropbox or Google Drive). It's something I'll likely start doing once I'm finally on fibre.

is there a thread somewhere on this?
GS Manager just scans your PC for files and uploads them to Dropbox/Drive right?
does it move them (creating junction in the meanwhile?)

Do you have the same concern about games involving murder and violence?

games that are very gruesome/grotesque apply too but to a lesser degree - since I get uncomfortable playing :/

liezryou

If you already have magicka, regift it.
ModBot said:
Instructions for liezryou:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Showdown Effect Digital Deluxe (Includes Magicka) -- MB-08844CCC792100BE - Taken by tmarques. 3 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tale -- MB-D261BCF2E62685D7 - Taken by Cerity. 1 entrants total.

t1404047557z1.png

Chariot

NSFW
Description is hilarious: "All the beauty of Akane!"
Bought the game. Going to gamble. The game costs 2 Euro and the cards are selling 0.40~0.50 cent each, you get 4 drops, it's basically a free game. And now I have to idle the game before others see that and the price drops.

Thought I'd give a little back. Hopefully did this right...

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Double Dragon Neon -- MB-15460DFED018C44A - Taken by wilflare. 79 entrants total.

t1404057381z1.png

Tizoc

lol... do these happen like every scene? lol
the last thing I want is for the girlfriend or my family to walk-in at such scenes :/

how's the gameplay though. good hack and slash?
DmC
DMC4
MGR

which tier is it?

Look past the uh 'sexy stuff' and you'll find a decent and fun hack n' slash game. Events and story are all acid though which is something i personally like.
I say get it, and apply the simple fix to get the game running at 60 FPS.

derExperte

Been debating about getting Grim Dawn for the past 2 hours. Just played a bunch of D3:RoS and I still haven't touched Torchlight 2 or Path of Exile yet, but damn if it isn't cheap right now though.

My reasoning for skipping Grim Dawn:

-not finished
-appears to be solid but everything's been done before
-first of two acts a bit boring according to reviews
-Dvinity OS tomorrow

I just played it for about an hour, apart from it crashing every time I changed the graphics settings, it seems very polished, responsive and optimised.

JaseC

is there a thread somewhere on this?
GS Manager just scans your PC for files and uploads them to Dropbox/Drive right?
does it move them (creating junction in the meanwhile?)

It has a feature called Sync & Link, which creates a symbolic link to the backup folder on the cloud drive on your PC.

Edit: Actually, from the description the feature may be file-based rather than folder-based, but in either case the program has the functionality you want.

also is Banished not discounted properly? I was planning on picking it up today.

It was a Daily two days ago. It shouldn't be on the front page.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Kinda want to try State of Decay, but Stumps review (which is the highly rated one!) seems like it's repetitive with no pacing beyond scavenging. So basically it's kinda like Dead Rising 1-3 but without the costumes and co-op and stuff to break those time limits up?

Well, it was a Flash Sale come and gone, but Epic Battle Fantasy 4 is actually REALLY good. I mean, there are a few major issues I have, it's made Flash, it's mouse only, there seem to be about eight different art-styles clashing with each other between different parts of the game (sometimes on the same screen) and there's so much dumb internet stuff in the game, but the battle mechanics are just SOOO good. They took extreme care to make sure you had strategic battles (at least in the Hard Mode), every elemental weakness and strength counts, on both you and the enemies and every buff and debuff can turn the tide of battle.

If you like decently deep JRPG turn based battles, keep an eye out on it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Odd I won a copy of La Mulana and redeemed it and now a copy of La Mulana shows up today in my inventory? >.>

Was it a 2 pack or something?

EDIT:ill give it to Modbot.

And with this I'm out!

jnK9pHO.jpg

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-E152845C7AC9CCFA - Taken by Majukun

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1404048042z1.png

Well, it was a Flash Sale come and gone, but Epic Battle Fantasy 4 is actually REALLY good. I mean, there are a few major issues I have, it's made Flash, it's mouse only, there seem to be about eight different art-styles clashing with each other between different parts of the game (sometimes on the same screen) and there's so much dumb internet stuff in the game, but the battle mechanics are just SOOO good. They took extreme care to make sure you had strategic battles (at least in the Hard Mode), every elemental weakness and strength counts, on both you and the enemies and every buff and debuff can turn the tide of battle.

If you like decently deep JRPG turn based battles, keep an eye out on it.
I'm pretty sure you can play it for free on a lot of sites though like NewGrounds and Kongregate

JaseC

Odd I won a copy of La Mulana and redeemed it and now a copy of La Mulana shows up today in my inventory? >.>

Was it a 2 pack or something?

La Mulana doesn't have a two-pack. Are you sure you actually registered the game to your account and didn't just add it to your inventory?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Do you have the same concern about games involving murder and violence?

If the answer would no, it wouldn't be hypocrisy on his part or anything, but rather an admission that in his cultural context, scenes of violence would be considered unremarkable by an outside observer, while scenes of sexuality--as handled in the oh-so-subtle way games do--are considered remarkably in a negative way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom