• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what happens in just under 4 hours, guys?

I'm expecting just a final group of dailies but some friends of mine were saying that last day of big sales have a kind of special encore, whereby there's an explosion of even bigger discounts... or something.

And with this I'm out!

jnK9pHO.jpg

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-E152845C7AC9CCFA - Taken by Majukun. 9 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1404048042z1.png

Sorry, blatant repost, it fell on the last post of 25,50 and 100 posts per page peoples.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
FUCK THIS FUCKING
WATER
LEVEL IN SHOVEL KNIGHT

Im losing all my golds here man! :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So what happens in just under 4 hours, guys?

I'm expecting just a final group of dailies but some friends of mine were saying that last day of big sales have a kind of special encore, whereby there's an explosion of even bigger discounts... or something.

Encores are just repeats of the more popular deals. Outside of price mistakes there's never been a case where a game has re-appeared later into the sale at a cheaper price.

hmm, alrighty. I think my client is a little messed up then... Banished is on my frontpage as yesterday's deals.

C2Zy2M8.png

hope it shows up again later today...

Your client is fine. The mistake is that Valve placed it on the front page.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Big fan here too but even I wouldn't pay that much. It is just the sellers that assume the otakus would buy at that price every time.

And if you look at the sale history, at least a few of them do.

Hell, I'm thinking about getting Akane now, just to craft the badge and hope like hell I get that wallpaper.

And it's funny, that Akane wallpaper isn't even anime. It's DeviantArt faux-anime (though, very good faux-anime).

Chariot

I guess but... anime fans scare me sometimes and I say this as one of them...
You sound like the kids who "apologize" for their generation's taste in music. Every fandom has scary parts, anime happens to just be a very wide thing with a great direct fanbase and a lot of guys who are fans of stuff that just has animestyle like some games.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Does Ikaruga support vertical play? My monitor can go sideways and I think that would be awesome.

Milamber

And if you look at the sale history, at least a few of them do.

Hell, I'm thinking about getting Akane now, just to craft the badge and hope like hell I get that wallpaper.

And it's funny, that Akane wallpaper isn't even anime. It's DeviantArt faux-anime (though, very good faux-anime).

I'm betting a majority of the sales are usually from collectors that gotta have them all while a few from actual otakus.

Mokoi

Banned
Enjoy some oppai and violence. Also that is chivalry medieval warfare with deadliest warrior. Not some shitty game.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Chivalry -- MB-1D5A90E2584C5081 - Taken by Man Puncher. 16 entrants total.
Killer is Dead -- MB-117103A8C30CF040 - Taken by FtHTiny. 112 entrants total.

t1404058437z1.png

wilflare

the game is awesome! though I'm stuck on the final boss...

It has a feature called Sync & Link, which creates a symbolic link to the backup folder on the cloud drive on your PC.

Edit: Actually, from the description the feature may be file-based rather than folder-based, but in either case the program has the functionality you want.

I went to the website... their latest announcement talks about a bug... and there's no other update?!

Vyse24

So I crafted a summer badge just now and a pop-up appeared about a guest pass? The main image above didn't load, and there's no pass in my inventory, even after restarting. Was this some sort of weird glitch?

Enco

I've spent around £12 and got:

Indigio Prophecy
Battleblock Theater 2 Pack
Can't Stop Laughing Pack
Valiant Hearts
Vampire Bloodlines
Enslaved

Yea.. Good stuff. Most of it was through trading for keys. All for the price of Valiant Hearts.

That being said, does Valve have a certain stance regarding trading keys for games?

Do they look down on it?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Enjoy.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

La Mulana -- MB-3035354083F10C87 - Taken by Evrain

PaulLFC

Having a strange problem with accessing Steam games on my external HDD once I reinstalled the OS - Steam can see them, and update them, but when it would usually say "Ready to play" it says "Update required" and then refuses to launch.

The only way I've found to fix this is removing local content and then deleting the entire game directory on the external HDD - just uninstall/reinstall isn't enough.

It'd be nice if there was a quicker way than uninstalling and reinstalling everything, technically it should just work as the data Steam can see hasn't changed from when it did work.

Has anyone had a similar issue and found a workaround?

Big fan here too but even I wouldn't pay that much. It is just the sellers that assume the otakus would buy at that price every time.

Well it's clearly a case of the demand and rarity setting the prices sooo... yeah. I rather would have some "Tales of" or Okami backgrounds but these aren't on Steam :(

Interesting.

Do you ever find yourself scaring yourself?

Umm no, not at all unless my own shadow sometimes falling at odd angles at night counts :p

wilflare

So gruesome and grotesque displays of murder and violence are a lesser degree of offensive to you than a woman's cleavage?

it works the same both ways
if the game constantly shows gruesome/grotesque displays of murder/violence or a woman's cleavage, it becomes an issue.

if the game has short moments of the aforementioned, then i guess that's fine?

which is why I asked whether the game is overtly fanservice.

if you are asking whether I'm ignoring the elements of murder and violence in KiD, I don't know how bad those moments are... but I heard of fanservice elements in games like KiD.

(this is one of the reasons why I couldn't get into God of War... -points to the gif where Kratos crushes the eyes of Poseidon and pulls off his head-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom