• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Really? Shit :(

The reinstall thing has meant I can't use the market on my PC - I can on my phone, but only through the Steam app, which doesn't allow access to the market... through the web using desktop mode it seems to have the same 7 day restriction as my PC

So... basically as far as I understand it there's no way for me to get the last card I need for the badge (card 3) since I can't trade for it or buy it?

I mean I could buy games and hope I get it randomly but that's just silly and expensive if there aren't games I actually want to buy.

This sucks.

Trading should work I think.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just purchased RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum from Amazon, and by mistake the Mac version! Luckily nothing in my Steam library suggests it's platform specific and Steam is letting me download it on my pc. So a noob question. Am I ok, will this game work properly on a windows machine?

It's SteamPlay, so yeah, you're fine.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The most ironic thing was JP from Platinum asking his Twitter followers whether Revengeance was on sale the other day because they couldn't access the store page thanks to the region lock.

What? They're the dev wouldn't they have Steamworks access to all the region pages?

JackieChan.jpg

Chucker

Why even do that? When you could just buy figures and shit. At least that's what I would do.

I was looking at it from a selling for profit perspective. If I want Waifu images I can just google them.

As for figures, I wouldn't really be able to put them anywhere without my real wife questioning them, or explaining them to my 3 y/o daughter lol.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I have that, the comedy club visual novel, go go nippon visual novel, exceed gun bullet children, and i wanna say that's it but I'm probably wrong.

Hm...not 100% on prices, but eXceed 3rd, Danmaku Unlimited 2, Croixleur Sigma, and Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae are all worth getting. I know Mitsurugi is only like $2.50.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I will gladly trade a 3 or 5 for a #8 Steam Summer Sale card! I don't want to miss out on the badge this time.

Also, really tempted to get killer is dead, but I've gone pretty far over budget, but I just had to grab Football Manager.
Get Killer is Dead.

About last day deals.

Killing Floor has been daily/flash. Now it is a daily with 50% off until the end of sale.

Does this mean there is no chance for it to become an encore with the higher discount it had on daily/flash?

Hm...not 100% on prices, but eXceed 3rd, Danmaku Unlimited 2, Croixleur Sigma, and Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae are all worth getting. I know Mitsurugi is only like $2.50.

Get the other eXceed games (particularly 3rd), Crimzon Clover, Astebreed, and Reccetear.

You guys are awesome. Now I'm standing here like a kid in a candy store. Why did I spend so much this sale ?!

Deitus

No wonder PC gaming is so small in Japan, seems like publishers are actively trying to keep it from growing. The most ironic thing was JP from Platinum asking his Twitter followers whether Revengeance was on sale the other day because they couldn't access the store page thanks to the region lock.

Sadly it's a cyclical thing. PC gaming in Japan has been an extreme niche for decades. While things like Steam and massive sales could do a decent amount to expand that audience, I don't think the current market could support the kind of price drops we are used to. When you have a limited audience, you need to price things higher to make the same amount of revenue, and extreme niche markets tend to be more willing to pay premiums for the things the like (which is why moe/ecchi anime Blurays go for so much in Japan). If they were to lower the prices, it would likely eliminate the cash cows keeping Japanese PC gaming afloat, without increasing the market enough to compensate. Remember, very few people in Japan have "gaming PCs", and even many who play PC games regularly are playing visual novels and doujin games that have incredibly low system requirements.

PaulLFC

Trading should work I think.
Just tried to trade with my brother and it won't let us trade anything. Won't let me even start a trade, it gives him an error when trying to send trade offers, and he can't start a trade with me.

I can only hope Valve looks at this system again, there has to be a better way.

MadGear

I need some more Japanese games in my life. Any suggestions for good, cheap games?

Last Remnant is still quite cheap. However you should only consider this if you are willing to spent sometime outside of the game to really get familiar with its combat system. Other than that it offers your typicall JRPGish slow start and somewhat stretched out storyline, but if you understand its game mechanic it can be really enjoyable. I don't remember the story too much, but I believe it was one of the less cheesy ones I have seen in a JRPG, but I could be wrong about this.

Last Remnant is still quite cheap. However you should only consider this if you are willing to spent sometime outside of the game to really get familiar with its combat system. Other than that it offers your typicall JRPGish slow start and somewhat stretched out storyline, but if you understand its game mechanic it can be really enjoyable. I don't remember the story too much, but I believe it was one of the less cheesy ones I have seen in a JRPG, but I could be wrong about this.

How did I forget Last Remnant?! I have that too and it's amazing. Really wish I had more time to set aside for it.

Kaleinc

Banned
Just tried to trade with my brother and it won't let us trade anything. Won't let me even start a trade, it gives him an error when trying to send trade offers, and he can't start a trade with me.

I noticed even if trade offers give errors they can still end up being registered. Check your Sent/Incoming Offers.

About last day deals.

Killing Floor has been daily/flash. Now it is a daily with 50% off until the end of sale.

Does this mean there is no chance for it to become an encore with the higher discount it had on daily/flash?

All games say that. It just means that it is the most expensive possible price you can get it for during the sale. It could be given an encore, although I'm skeptical.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anyone have the link to that free shuggy from a few days ago? I forgot to write down the key, hoping I can still see it from my ip

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
No Escape Goat sales, been wanting to pick them up. Well, guess I will have to today. My Wishlist games with their measly 50% off will have to be combed through today for what I want. :(

PaulLFC

I noticed even if trade offers give errors they can still end up being registered. Check your Sent/Incoming Offers.
Yeah I did just notice that after he sent them, they appear for me but as soon as I click on them I get the standard "You are using a new device, no trades for you" message :(

ViviOggi

Trading tends to be iffy during the sale for everyone so it might work if you try again later. A bunch of people in this thread were market banned and were still able to trade, although it's possible that you received a different type of ban. :/

Sadly it's a cyclical thing. PC gaming in Japan has been an extreme niche for decades. While things like Steam and massive sales could do a decent amount to expand that audience, I don't think the current market could support the kind of price drops we are used to. When you have a limited audience, you need to price things higher to make the same amount of revenue, and extreme niche markets tend to be more willing to pay premiums for the things the like (which is why moe/ecchi anime Blurays go for so much in Japan). If they were to lower the prices, it would likely eliminate the cash cows keeping Japanese PC gaming afloat, without increasing the market enough to compensate. Remember, very few people in Japan have "gaming PCs", and even many who play PC games regularly are playing visual novels and doujin games that have incredibly low system requirements.

Thanks for the insight. It's a bummer but at least it's getting a bit better in the West.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hm...card money is running low...what $2 game to get to close out the sale, okay-ish game with stupidly valuable $20 wallpaper (Akane the Kunoichi) or genuinely good game (Card City Nights)?

...it's a shame I actually have to ask this.

All games say that. It just means that it is the most expensive possible price you can get it for during the sale. It could be given an encore, although I'm skeptical.

Ah, ok. Thanks.
So you advice waiting till encore starts. Makes sense. But when does encore day start, european time?

Also, is Sanctum 2 worth it if you already own Sanctum 1?

Grief.exe

I loved back in the day where there was this rush to craft things and then we got coal.

Coal, coal, everywhere.

I wish you could still win games for crafting the summer badge, or coal to craft and have the chance at more games.

Gives you more incentive to participate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom