• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dambrosi

Banned
Just tried to trade with my brother and it won't let us trade anything. Won't let me even start a trade, it gives him an error when trying to send trade offers, and he can't start a trade with me.

I can only hope Valve looks at this system again, there has to be a better way.
Did you have to log in to your client again during the sale? That'll be it, you've been hit with a 7-day trading ban, same as me. Steam Guard sucks sometimes, but all we can do is just wait it out,

Steez

What's the consensus on State of Decay? I made enough money from hustling cards to get the game for free and I'm kinda interested in it, but I'm not entirely sure if I should pull the trigger.

Anybody here played it?

Chucker

I completely forgot about Marlow Briggs, I'll throw that on top of the doujin games I have in my cart, which will now almost double what I had spent in the last week.

Oh well.

Yeah. I'm liking it. Even though I did have a guy rage quit on me after we failed to stealth the bank heist Lol.

I warn every I play with that I'm new.

The community has it's assholes, but not as many as I expected.

I have yet to successfully stealth a mission yet.

PaulLFC

Did you have to log in to your client again during the sale? That'll be it, you've been hit with a 7-day trading ban, same as me. Steam Guard sucks sometimes, but all we can do is just wait it out,
Yeah that was exactly it, in the process of installing some more memory I somehow managed to ensure Windows couldn't boot (no idea how!) so a reinstall was the only way I could get the PC running agan. Reinstalled, started Steam, market ban. Irritating but seemingly nothing we can do about it.

The_Monk

I wish you could still win games for crafting the summer badge, or coal to craft and have the chance at more games.

Gives you more incentive to participate.

Indeed, even if the choice was slim, it was always more fun this way. Also the meltdowns were pretty funny. "Okay guys, wish me luck! :D " 1 minute later: "Ugh, more coal. :("

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Marlow Briggs is by far the best $1 / €1 you can spend on steam right now

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The game is really well optimised, though.

Still, integrated graphics.

Yeah, it sucks. I mostly use Steam for indie/older/low-spec games. Which is still a lot of stuff, heh.

But I mean, hell, I can run something like Arkham Asylum respectably at low settings, so you'd think Marlow Briggs would be fine, but still.

Vuze

oh geez Valiant Hearts just made me cry
didn't expect that to happen since the 7h before the end had their strong moments but nothing like that

;_;

Deitus

Thanks for the insight. It's a bummer but at least it's getting a bit better in the West.

Yeah, I think it stands a chance of improving in Japan just on account of most AAA Japanese games get PC ports for the West anyway. The Japanese PC market would never justify those ports, but if they exist already, they can sell them over there, which could in the long term expand the market over there.

I think ultimately Japan will need to develop a PC culture beyond the eroge/VN/doujin context that it is currently viewed. I'm not sure how such a thing would develop, but it would definitely take time. On the other hand, console gaming is struggling in Japan right now, so I don't know whats going to happen with gaming in Japan in the future.

Strider

Marlow Briggs continuously comes up in this thread so I finally went ahead and bought it. Even if I hate it it's just $1, but I'll probably like it since it plays similar to GoW.

Indignate

The Last Remnant
Sudeki
Croixleur Σ
Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe
Super House of Dead Ninjas: True Ninja Pack
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death

Just going to pull the trigger on all this.

The_Monk

oh geez Valiant Hearts just made me cry
didn't expect that to happen since the 7h before the end had their strong moments but nothing like that

;_;

I loved this game, the letters were a great touch. Really nice and I also loved the bits of History culture. The more you know.

Dambrosi

Banned
Yeah that was exactly it, in the process of installing some more memory I somehow managed to ensure Windows couldn't boot (no idea how!) so a reinstall was the only way I could get the PC running agan. Reinstalled, started Steam, market ban. Irritating but seemingly nothing we can do about it.
I didn't even do that! I was just browsing some Russian traders' pages during the whole Valiant Hearts price glitch thing, and the client suddenly signed me out and forced me to do the whole Steam Guard thing again. I was pissed off at just that, so you can imagine how pissed I was when I found out I couldn't trade.

Pacman championship deluxe, yay or nay?
Oh HELL yes. Pac-Man CE DX+ and Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION stand atop the mountain of the skulls of fallen foes within the great halls of mighty Steamhalla as God-Kings Of The Arcade, glancing with disdain at the unworthy challengers they trampled into the dirt in their stead, and filling each other's skull-goblets with Victory Mead atop their skeletal thrones.

oti

Banned
Crafted a badge (Team green), sold all the other cards = 7,73€ available. Thought about buying the cheap stuff on my wishlist I was holding off until the end of the sale (Last Remnant, Pac-Man, Bionic Commando) but I think I'll just wait until the next sale. It's not like I'm dying to play any of those games right now.

Vuze

I loved this game, the letters were a great touch. Really nice and I also loved the bits of History culture. The more you know.

I will certainly replay the game sometime and pick up every collectible and read every letter and history note. I had no idea dogs played (and sadly still play) such an important role in war.

Yrael

This has actually been a pretty enjoyable sale for me - I think being able to participate in the Neogaf thread for the first time made quite a difference!

Bought:
- The Cat Lady
- Banished
- Mass Effect 1, 2 (and 3, off Steam)
- Long Live The Queen
- Goat Simulator
- Actual Sunlight
- Scribblenauts Unlimited
- Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ (All You Can Eat Edition)

Won/Received for free:
- Cave Story+
- LYNE
- Deponia
- Thomas Was Alone
- The Ship: The Complete Pack
- SpaceChem

Gave away (both here and elsewhere):
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
- Mass Effect
- Gone Home
- To The Moon (accidentally won it when I already had it in my library)
- HOARD
- Strike Suit Zero
- Joe Danger 2: The Movie

Games I still have my eye on, but will probably buy in the next sale, include Broken Age, Child of Light, Among the Sleep, Cook, Serve, Delicious! and Year Walk.

MikeDown

Banned
Ah, ok. Thanks.
So you advice waiting till encore starts. Makes sense. But when does encore day start, european time?

Also, is Sanctum 2 worth it if you already own Sanctum 1?
Yes! You can't go wrong with Sanctum 2. Better gameplay, brilliant soundtrack, nifty little story. It is much more action oriented, towers still play a huge roll, but you can't sit their and watch like you could in the original. The original had more visually pleasing level designs IMO.

I say go for it, I'd be willing to play it w/ you if you want. :D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
89 cents?

Get out of my dreams and into my backlog.

image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom