• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autofokus

This has actually been a pretty enjoyable sale for me - I think being able to participate in the Neogaf thread for the first time made quite a difference!

Bought:
- The Cat Lady
- Banished
- Mass Effect 1, 2 (and 3, off Steam)
- Long Live The Queen
- Goat Simulator
- Actual Sunlight
- Scribblenauts Unlimited
- Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ (All You Can Eat Edition)

Good guy!

It presumably starts in three hours, so 7 PM CET.
Oh, so soon! Really sorry for asking so much, but once it starts in three hours, there is absolutely no need to wait anymore, right? The prices then will be the final ones till the end of the sale?
First sale, sorry for stupid questions.

Yes! You can't go wrong with Sanctum 2. Better gameplay, brilliant soundtrack, nifty little story. It is much more action oriented, towers still play a huge roll, but you can't sit their and watch like you could in the original. The original had more visually pleasing level designs IMO.

I say go for it, I'd be willing to play it w/ you if you want. :D
Cool, this seals the deal. Gonna get it later. And yeah, maybe we'll play :)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
That and Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae seem similar.

So if you like one, perhaps the other...

I have both, and yeah, they're similar. Overall I think Croixleur is the better game, though. Mitsurugi's camera is pretty bad, and the battle voices are so bad I had to turn them off completely (your character basically screams like she's having an orgasm every time she gets hit/knocked down, and it's LOUD). Croixleur...doesn't have any huge flaws I can think of, offhand.

Both are still worth getting, though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I enjoyed Mitsu but I already over spent this sale. I have to pay around 200 on my credit card between steam and life stuff.
KuGsj.gif

It sucks to find so many neat games near the end of the sale.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Someone was talking about getting all the achievements in that over at /vg/'s Cuhrayzee Games General. I don't think I have the stomach for going through for all the achievements but it looks interesting.

We need more hack and slash on PC. Tecmo Ninja Gaiden Black plz. :(

Ruruja

What if I didn't really care for God of War 1 because it wasn't CUHRAYZEE-enough for me?

There's more explosions and stunts in the first 15 minutes of Marlow Briggs than the entire Transformers Trilogy.
this may not actually be true, but there are a lot.

RK9039

Gameplay videos of Grim Dawn look more frustrating and tedious than fun.

That's what I thought, but I bought the game awhile ago and it's damn fun. The combat has a lot of weight to it and I prefer it over Diablo 3 (even after the updates) and Path of Exile.

TheSeks

Guys can we talk about how good Astebreed looks?

Lord.

Looks interesting, but I'm not sure I like the "different perspectives with transitions" going on.

And that price is what it should be before the sale, IMO. :| I can't really justify SHMUPs for over $10.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Seriously, the Summer Adventure thing is just ridiculous at this point. How the hell can this many points possibly be being generated? It makes no sense.

Arukado

I played and beat it on X360. I loved it, its a great side scroller game set in the zombie apocalypse with a neat twist. Just the story starts off strong and then ends on 6/10.
Ok, thank you. I was considering buying it, but the funny thing is that i just received it as a gift, so no doubts now, only games.

_hekk05

Banned
Damages

Code:
The Banner Saga	              3 keys
Broforce            	      3 keys
Spelunky		
Epic Battle Fantasy 4		
BattleBlock Theater	      3.74     Curse you cheap bunduru
Sleeping Dogs - The Year of the Snake	
Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare in North Point		
Sleeping Dogs SWAT Pack		
Sleeping Dogs - Zodiac Tournament		
PAYDAY 2: Gage Weapon Pack #01		
PAYDAY 2: Gage Weapon Pack #02		
PAYDAY 2: Gage Mod Courier		
PAYDAY 2: Gage Sniper Pack		
Payday 2		
Don't Starve + Reign of Giants 2-pack price

oti

Banned
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
Broforce 4-Pack Gift
Medal of Honor Standard
Alice Madness Returns
Trine 2: Complete Story
Beat Hazard Mega Bundle
Dishonored (DE)
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Adventures of Shuggy Retail
inMomentum Retail
Brutal Legend Retail
Mark of the Ninja Retail
Rochard - Hard Times
Lord of the Rings: War in the North Retail
Tomb Raider ROW
BattleBlock Theater
Castle Crashers
LEGO Lord of the Rings
Mass Effect Collection
Sleeping Dogs DE
The Wolf Among Us
Red Faction: Armageddon - Path to War
Don't Starve Gift
Zeno Clash 2 Retail
Skyrim
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
State of Decay
Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
The Orange Box (DE)
Marlow Briggs Steam Store and Retail Key

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
one more sale, one more time I dont buy the toejam & earl games to complete my genesis collection. You will not win Sega, 75% or bust

Any suggestions?
jbrMMbkwRD9QDl.png

marlow briggs, not even ironically

Milamber

All I did was try to defrost my fridge.

With a pointy screwdriver.

Now it's the middle of the night, all my beer is warm and my home smells like gas that's probably not good for my internal organs.
You hit your coolant pipes!? Take your fridge outside immediately and have a barbecue.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Looks interesting, but I'm not sure I like the "different perspectives with transitions" going on.

And that price is what it should be before the sale, IMO. :| I can't really justify SHMUPs for over $10.

Should be like 5 for Winter Sale hopefully.

TheSeks

Should be like 5 for Winter Sale hopefully.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. But that doesn't change the "top-down/side/behind the mech" views transitions. If it's like Ikaruga where it does it for intros and or certain levels and doesn't change them in the middle of the level, I could probably stomach that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom