• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakkue

My most played game on Steam is Plants vs Zombies GOTY at 40 hours, because of that one time that I left it on overnight accidentally. It's probably more like 12-15 hours total.

... how long do you sleep? ;)

Happy 6th Steam Birthday!
Psychonauts rocks, I still have to replay that on Steam.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
cnjqyd.png

EPIC_045f81_1187450.gif

wait why do I have less votes, I voted everything o_O

Because if you don't vote for something before it gets pulled off Greenlight, you don't get the vote count. Which is why you not only need to vote on everything, you need to vote on everything every day.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Because if you don't vote for something before it gets pulled off Greenlight, you don't get the vote count. Which is why you not only need to vote on everything, you need to vote on everything every day.

but...but I have

crying-waterfalls.gif

Since the beggining of the year I bought almost 800 games.
What? Why? When? How?

But really, how did you manage to buy 800 games in 6 months? Are they all for PC, or are you counting console games too? (Though, it doesn't matter, 800 games are 800 games, and that is a lot). Man, I've been buying games for some 5-6 years now, and I don't think I've bought more than... ~500 (for all my gaming platforms).

Chariot

I guess I won't buy much more in the encore deals.

Bought
Akane the Kunoichi
Battleblock Theatre
Payday 2 DLCs (Gage, the Big Bank Heist, Soundtrack)
Prison Architect (Keys)
Valiant Hearts (Keys)

From Gaffers
Castle Crashers
Combat Wings
Gun Metal
Long Live The Queen
M.U.D. TV

Free
Shuggy

Also Space Chem, where I seriously don't know anymore where that came from.
This is far less than I thought I bought. Go figure.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This was interesting to read. I don't think I could remember certain details so well after my sixth Steam Birthday.

I don't remember anything, I just have a program that tracks all my purchases automatically, and then it was no problem to generate the stats! :)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
tried posting my damage list, but it would take almost a full page lol

not that anybody will care as well :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What? Why? When? How?

But really, how did you manage to buy 800 games in 6 months? Are they all for PC, or are you counting console games too? (Though, it doesn't matter, 800 games are 800 games, and that is a lot). Man, I've been buying games for some 5-6 years now, and I don't think I've bought more than... ~500 (for all my gaming platforms).

I've bought 433 games on Steam this year (465 games total across all platforms). Bundles, my friend. You an easily get 20-30 games a week in bundles for virtually no money.

MUnited83

For you.
What? Why? When? How?

Indie Bundles and Russian prices help a lot :p. Those 800 games were all PC. I did buy around 20 games for my Vita though :p

I've bought 433 games on Steam this year (465 games total across all platforms). Bundles, my friend. You an easily get 20-30 games a week in bundles for virtually no money.
This is accurate. I have 1538 games on Steam. I don't think I spent more than 700$ on them.

Tizoc

Is KiD one of those pc ports where you force 60fps it affects the gamplay?
Well...
There us a fix for the revive mechanic the game uses if ur killed duringgameplay and thankfully it is a very easy fix. Look up the guides in the game's steam forum to find it.
All fixes to improve killer is dead is easy and can all be done within 5 minutes.

liezryou

The Borderlands 2 Mac version on sales at GMG, does that redeem with the PC version too?

Yes you get the Mac and PC version. I would recommend getting the GOTY because the game has such a hugely ridiculous amount of DLC that if you get only the base game, you get screwed by DLC prices.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Splatter isnt Super Splatters :p
Modbot did it.

Which brings me to year 6. By far my most expensive year on Steam yet. $486.00 spent. Practically emptying the banks. Of course, I did get 685 games. An average of 70 cents a game.
Yeah the past year has easily been the most expensive for my gaming habit, yet also the lowest price per game. But due to various major life changes it has also been the year I've had the most spending money with the least amount of uses for it.
Insert depressing realities here.

Seeing my habits and the psychology behind them, I think I'm going to cool off on things, especially as this PC that I am not going to upgrade anymore ages and I won't be getting a new one for a few years unless this one just dies. I'll have time to play around with my backlog, and I've had enough great LTTP experiences that I don't need to be in the moment of hype and discovery with others, as fun as that is.

Kabouter

Ended up only buying The Walking Dead Season 2 this sale, the rate of releases that appeal to me hasn't been very high as of late and of course I participated in previous sales so I generally already have games that have been on Steam for a long while that appeal to me. Oh, and I gave a few gifts, but nothing huge.

Vodh

Steam needs a way to filter your owned games list by genre and tags... How am I supposed to find something I want to play? I don't even recognize half these names...

StAidan

OK guys, please correct me if I'm totally wrong (doesn't matter to me since I've bought everything I need this sale), but I just don't want anyone to be caught off guard by the end of this sale, or miss a deal they really wanted. Didn't the last winter sale end like this just six months ago?

-- Community votes ended with the last vote before encore day (same as this time).
-- Flash sales stopped at the beginning of encore day (10am PST), IN SPITE OF the timer saying there would be more.
-- Most of the Steam library went back to regular prices at the beginning of encore day, IN SPITE OF the timer saying there were still 24 hours left. Much gaffer rage ensued.

Maybe my memory is faulty, it just seems to me that this is how the winter sale went down.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Modbot did it.

Because "Super Splatters" is closer to the word "Splatter" than "Splatter - Blood Red Edition" is. It's the same thing causing the Dark Souls / Dark Souls II mixups. After the sale I'll investigate better pattern matching behaviours (maybe combine lexicographic distance with "number of words that are an exact match" or something? I don't know what best practices are for this)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
OK guys, please correct me if I'm totally wrong (doesn't matter to me since I've bought everything I need this sale), but I just don't want anyone to be caught off guard by the end of this sale, or miss a deal they really wanted. Didn't the last winter sale end like this just six months ago?

-- Community votes ended with the last vote before encore day (same as this time).
-- Flash sales stopped at the beginning of encore day (10am PST), IN SPITE OF the timer saying there would be more.
-- Most of the Steam library went back to regular prices at the beginning of encore day, IN SPITE OF the timer saying there were still 24 hours left. Much gaffer rage ensued.

Maybe my memory is faulty, it just seems to me that this is how the winter sale went down.

I'm not sure about the Flash Sales, however as I recall the general sale discounts were always set to end on the 2nd rather than the 3rd. This caused quite a bit of confusion throughout the sale as people weren't sure which date was correct -- the one in the banner or the one on the store pages.

Man, out of all the votes this summer seal, only 2-3 of the categories I voted for won. Steam community sucks.
SteamGAF continues to be awesome, though.

Can someone tell me when exactly the sale ends? It says June 30th, but what time? What time zone?

I'm waiting for one more game (Hotline Miami + soundtrack) to possibly hit a sale and then I've completely covered my wish list. They are both 50% off at the moment, so if I knew when exactly the sale ended and it looked like they weren't going any lower, I would snag 'em right away!

Any help is much appreciated!

Korezo

What do people think about ace combat horizon? It's been 75% off since start of sale but never bought hoping for it to hit the front page for a bigger discount. So is the game fun?

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual

What? I'm going to buy now then, it's not likely that the games I want will get a deeper discount not anyway.

Yeah, I know about bundles, but it's just that I thought (wrongly it seems) that people stopped buying every bundle that's available when they realized that there's no chance they'll play all/most of the games they get from them. Or that they'll even be interested in some/many of the games from those bundles. At least that's what I did - stopped buying every bundle after I realized that I won't even install, let alone play many of those games that I used to buy in all those bundles that started appearing after Humble Indie Bundle gained popularity.

MUnited83

For you.
But out of those 800 how many have you actually played/beaten? lol :)

Beaten? Around 10 I'm guessing :p

Yeah, I know about bundles, but it's just that I thought (wrongly it seems) that people stopped buying every bundle that's available when they realized that there's no chance they'll play all/most of the games they get from them. Or that they'll even be interested in some/many of the games from those bundles. At least that's what I did - stopped buying every bundle after I realized that I won't even install, let alone play many of those games that I used to buy in all those bundles that started appearing after Humble Indie Bundle gained popularity.

Collecting it's a game on itself :p. Also, with bundles that give you 6-8 games for 1$, the money spent is quite minimal and there's always something I know I will want to play eventually one day :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom