• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Games I got this sale:

Killer is Dead
Thief DLC
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Goat Simulator
Assassin's Creed Black Flag - Season Pass
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Insurgency
Dead Island Riptide DLC
Outlast + DLC
Borderlands 2 DLC
Betrayer
Skullgirls + DLC
Game Dev Tycoon
PAYDAY 2 DLC

Gifts from friends/family:

Divinity Original Sin + DLC
Watch_Dogs Deluxe Edition

Giveaways from Gaf:

Long Live The Queen

Pretty good haul this year, think I spent £60 ish.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Speaking of shmups, aku:jiki, take note:
crimzonk9kau.png

Amazing run (for me), no life loss during first three stages, lost a live on 4th boss, than a few on fifth and all others on the EX boss. Who I beat with a spread of bullets nearing my ship, no boost/bomb energy and just pumped full of adrenaline.
Guys, seriously, Crimzon Clover is my 2014 GOTY.

Crimzon Clover is so good. I'm still getting used to it (I'm more accustomed to Touhou-style shmups as opposed to CC's more Mars Matrix-style), but I'm really loving it.

Also, I've realized I have most of the Japanese/danmaku shmups on Steam. :lol

Crimzon Clover
Ikaruga
All three Gundemonium games
All three eXceed games
Ether Vapor Remaster
Satazius
Jamestown
Danmaku Unlimited 2

Anything important I'm missing besides Astebreed?

Calibus

Should I get Grim Dawn if I already enjoy Path of Exile?

IMO, yes. If you enjoy ARPGs in general, get GD. It's still in early stages and they are opening up the game world gradually, so expect restarts for when major rebalances happen, but it's a very enjoyable experience for me.

Eusis

Damn my greed. Add $6 m&m credit and now locked out.
This is why I thought it was worth bringing up every time someone was going "woo won M&M money." SOMEONE'S not going to know and will screw up.

. . . And man, I really do think this may be the worst sale yet. How many games showed up only in community votes but never dailies or flashes? Unless the last day is literally "look at all this stuff that missed the vote or never went on sale earlier" rather than the usual recap anyway, prior sales at least had everything shown go on sale once but maybe one or two odd exceptions I'm not remembering.

marrec

Banned
IMO, yes. If you enjoy ARPGs in general, get GD. It's still in early stages and they are opening up the game world gradually, so expect restarts for when major rebalances happen, but it's a very enjoyable experience for me.

Single player or multiplayer?

I'm a love ARPGs (even the bad ones like Fate and Krater) but I've noticed that some are only good in Multiplayer, is this the case with Grim Dawn?

tmarques

So the next flash is the last, right? And it's safe to wait until then to buy whatever hasn't been a feature sale (ie. Deadly Premonition)?

Also not sure if I should buy State of Decay or wait for a pack with all the DLC.

Calibus

Single player or multiplayer?

I'm a love ARPGs (even the bad ones like Fate and Krater) but I've noticed that some are only good in Multiplayer, is this the case with Grim Dawn?

Only experienced single so far so I cannot comment on multi, sorry.

DogMeat77

I think the M&M site is down at the moment. We might have broke it. :p

No, there was an exploit that allowed people to abuse the site and win as much as they wanted without ever texting. It may be awhile before it comes back online, if ever depending on the damage the internet did exploiting it. :(

Miletius

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shadowrun: Dragonfall -- MB-AC1A484A126C1ED1 - Taken by earvcunanan. 40 entrants total.
Shadowrun: Dragonfall #2 -- MB-0A2C63940FEFD0FA - Taken by Volcynika. 40 entrants total.
YOU NEED THE BASE GAME SHADOWRUN: RETURNS TO BE ABLE TO USE THESE SO DON'T ENTER IF YOU DON'T HAVE OR PLAN TO BUY IT

t1404065864z1.png

Enjoy! It's my favorite game so far this year, although I admit I haven't had a chance to play Divinity:OS yet.

You can enter both, but you can only win one, I think. Also, please only enter if you already have or are planning to buy SR:R right away, as you need the original game to play the expansion.

Eusis

No, there was an exploit that allowed people to abuse the site and win as much as they wanted without ever texting. It may be awhile before it comes back online, if ever depending on the damage the internet did exploiting it. :(
Given a pool of 500k codes it's probably sucked dry if they didn't shut it down almost instantly. :/

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Among people who have actually played any of their games, what's everybody's favorite grab so far? I ended up being really happy I picked up Space Base DF9. It's got some work needed still, and there isn't a whole lot to build, but it's a nice blend of relaxing and 'Oh, hell, things are not good' panic at times. Some more random dialogue for people coming by (with different results being possible for the same options like FTL has, so far it seems like it's obvious when somebody wants to kill you or when they want to join your crew) would go a long way to improving the game, and a lot more options of things to build. But for 8 bucks or whatever I grabbed it for, the game's in a place I'm happy with. I put in a few hours yesterday and I can definitely see myself checking in as the game is updated.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my most given games during this sale both star ladies, who says there are no female protagonists damn it!

Vuze

Decided to create a crappy montage of my Summer Sale purchases instead of just posting a list. Only includes games I purchased for myself. I spent about ~75€ incl. gifts etc. so I guess that's just fine =)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Enjoy! It's my favorite game so far this year, although I admit I haven't had a chance to play Divinity:OS yet.

You can enter both, but you can only win one, I think. Also, please only enter if you already have or are planning to buy SR:R right away, as you need the original game to play the expansion.

I won a game yesterday. Let me go cry on the corner. ;_;

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, among people who have actually played any of their games, what's everybody's favorite grab so far? I ended up being really happy I picked up Space Base DF9. It's got some work needed still, and there isn't a whole lot to build, but it's a nice blend of relaxing and 'Oh, hell, things are not good' panic at times. Some more random dialogue for people coming by (with different results being possible for the same options like FTL has, so far it seems like it's obvious when somebody wants to kill you or when they want to join your crew) would go a long way to improving the game, and a lot more options of things to build. But for 8 bucks or whatever I grabbed it for, the game's in a place I'm happy with. I put in a few hours yesterday and I can definitely see myself checking in as the game is updated.

For me I haven't played a lot, but I played a few hours of Towerfall and it feels great so far. The single player content is surprisingly robust and I can totally tell that there's a high skill ceiling, which is great. Local multiplayer is fun and I can tell that it'd be bonkers with four player. I'm not sure if most people would buy it if they didn't intend to play local multiplayer, but for me I got what I wanted already.

. . . And man, I really do think this may be the worst sale yet. How many games showed up only in community votes but never dailies or flashes? Unless the last day is literally "look at all this stuff that missed the vote or never went on sale earlier" rather than the usual recap anyway, prior sales at least had everything shown go on sale once but maybe one or two odd exceptions I'm not remembering.

Personally this is the first sale where I haven't gone "OH SHIT I NEED TO BUY THAT RIGHT NOW" and I've been around ever since they started doing Steam sales. It's probably just me though, since I own almost everything I want. I just picked up games I considered trying, like Insurgency (which is fantastic), Sins of a Solar Empire and Wargame Red Dragon (I want my World in Conflict sequel =l)

This is why I thought it was worth bringing up every time someone was going "woo won M&M money." SOMEONE'S not going to know and will screw up.

Last sale Tetrobot and Co showed up as a potential Community Vote and didn't get picked, then never dropped in price. It was the one game I wanted >_<

Singularity, fucking finally! I don't even care if it sucks, but it was my White Whale. I waited patiently for 2 years for it to get to a decent price.
Yeah, I got singularity from amazon a while back. It's a fairly good shooter that didn't sell well. The whole time manipulation mechanic is well made and doesn't get stale. It's a shame Raven Software is pretty much stuck making COD maps nowadays.

GravyButt

I feel ashamed. Ive only bought Contagion and a dlc for State of Decay.

I do want the new company of heroes 2 dlc and nascar 14 though.

Man Steam sales are just bad for me. My pickups

Agerest: Generations of War
Awesomenauts
Battleblock Theatre
Beyond Divinity
Bit Trip Runner 2
Cloudbuilt
Derponia (Kind of enjoying this, though might hold out on Chaos and Goodbye till winter sale)
Derrick the Deathfin (brought to support the dev more than decent sale price)
Divine Divinity
Divinity II: DC
Don't Starve
Heroine's Quest
The Last Remnant
One Way Heroics
The Overlord series bundle
Shovel Knight

Things awesome people gifted me~

Geometry Wars
GRID 2
Pixeljunk Monster Ultimate & Shooter
Croixleur Sigma

Thanks gaben, now I have dozen more games I'll likely play sometime in the next decade or so

Milamber

Among people who have actually played any of their games, what's everybody's favorite grab so far? I ended up being really happy I picked up Space Base DF9. It's got some work needed still, and there isn't a whole lot to build, but it's a nice blend of relaxing and 'Oh, hell, things are not good' panic at times. Some more random dialogue for people coming by (with different results being possible for the same options like FTL has, so far it seems like it's obvious when somebody wants to kill you or when they want to join your crew) would go a long way to improving the game, and a lot more options of things to build. But for 8 bucks or whatever I grabbed it for, the game's in a place I'm happy with. I put in a few hours yesterday and I can definitely see myself checking in as the game is updated.

Valiant Hearts: The Great War.

ejoajn.gif

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

For me it's probably between Euro Truck Simulator 2 (no seriously), Broforce, and maybe Delver. All three really great games, with Euro Truck especially taking me by surprise. I can't explain WHY it's fun, but goddamn it is.

Special mentions for Kairo and Ittle Dew for being things I didn't even initially want but won in GAF giveaways that surprised the hell outta me with their quality.

Someone please stop me if this seems crazy ( too much rpg for one to handle).

The BG games are pretty meaty, I don't think you need to buy both if you really plan on playing them. Buy the first, pick up the second next time it's on sale (the second game is superior to the first though, so if you only want to play one then pick that IMO).

liezryou

Awesome giveaway! Was debating about picking this up since it's supposedly much longer then the vanilla.

Quixzlizx

Thanks. It's more that when I play a loot ARPG, I spend a ton of time on it, so I only have time for one of them. :p

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm glad that after two sales and thanks to a healthy library + family sharing I can be more methodical about what I buy. Summer sale last year was my first one and it was insane.

Out of the four games I purchased this time (The Witcher 2, Octodad, Gone Home, FEAR) I already beat two (Octodad and Gone Home) and started playing the first entry of another (bought The Witcher 2, started playing The Witcher). I wasn't going to buy FEAR but I somehow had the second and third games in my library so I grabbed it for completion's sake. I'm still eyeing Killer is Dead though, 90 minutes to decide (plus, waiting for a giveaway to end). Between other games my brother bought Naruto and Skyrim, both of wich I had on my wishlist and will now be playing through sharing.

Finally putting all the cards that don't interest me on sale too, although I still have a lot of drops to go through with the appid trick. So good to get that card money, I didn't undercut but they're still going away fast as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom