• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What? I'm going to buy now then, it's not likely that the games I want will get a deeper discount not anyway.

See my response. I'm quite certain he's misremembering that part somewhat. I threw a handful of store page URLs into Archive.org's "Wayback Machine" in hope of confirmation, however none of them were saved during the sale period.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Modbot poops on Anomaly? Damn you robots!

terminator-o.gif

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, I wish I'd known two things before this sale started.

1. That Shovel Knight was coming out like right in the middle of the sale

and

2. That Mercenary Kings would be so disappointing

Had I known these two things I'd probably have Shovel Knight right now instead of MK. Ah well. =/

_hekk05

Banned
Can someone tell me when exactly the sale ends? It says June 30th, but what time? What time zone?

I'm waiting for one more game (Hotline Miami + soundtrack) to possibly hit a sale and then I've completely covered my wish list. They are both 50% off at the moment, so if I knew when exactly the sale ended and it looked like they weren't going any lower, I would snag 'em right away!

Any help is much appreciated!

The time in the steam store should be the time zone you have your storefront set to. Assuming your storefront is in the same region as your person, the steam time is equals to your local time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Can someone tell me when exactly the sale ends? It says June 30th, but what time? What time zone?

I'm waiting for one more game (Hotline Miami + soundtrack) to possibly hit a sale and then I've completely covered my wish list. They are both 50% off at the moment, so if I knew when exactly the sale ended and it looked like they weren't going any lower, I would snag 'em right away!

Any help is much appreciated!

Hotline Miami was a flash deal by the way (sorry)

syko de4d

Flag race is crazy today, over 6million generated points. With over 10 days the community should have generated around 30million points. Now we need to figure out how much money people had spent to generate these points and the cards.

Summer badge = 10cards = 10points. You get one card for each $10 spent. So if you only use this it would mean people had spent $300million in games to generate the cards for 30million points. But you get some free Cards with votes or when you generate a badge. But on the other side there should be alot of cards that arent used and we cant find in the Flag Point counter. For example, on the market are over 500k summer cards at the moment. And you can get points with normal badges, but thats only 1 point, and with foil cards, which are pretty rare. Pretty hard to tell a real number but it must be alot.

liezryou

Summer badge = 10cards = 10points. You get one card for each $10 spent. So if you only use this it would mean people had spent $300million in games to generate the cards for 30million points. But you get some free Cards with votes or when you generate a badge. But on the other side there should be alot of cards that arent used and we cant find in the Flag Point counter. For example, on the market are over 500k summer cards at the moment. And you can get points with normal badges, but thats only 1 point, and with foil cards, which are pretty rare. Pretty hard to tell a real number but it must be alot.

I lost you after the first sentence.

Quixzlizx

I'm super-salty that Ikaruga lost a community vote and hasn't shown up in a flash sale. Not so much that I have to pay $5, but more that people have terrible taste.

Collecting it's a game on itself :p. Also, with bundles that give you 6-8 games for 1$, the money spent is quite minimal and there's always something I know I will want to play eventually one day :p
Well yeah, I know, I was on a bundle-buying-spree when it exploded couple of years ago, but after I saw Zombie Shooter 1 and Zombie Shooter 2 in my Steam library, I realized that it's time to stop buying every 1$ bundle there is :D (Especially since I sometimes find myself just staring at my 300+ Steam library with at least 150 never before played games, and I just sigh and continue dreaming about some of the games that I don't have yet/that are not even out yet :D)

JaseC

maybe you can explain why there are 3 different games with that name and they all look like the same

It's amusing that "INCLUDED IN EX MACHINA GOLD EDITION" is on all three store pages yet there's no such bundle on Steam.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh, and I'll say it one more time: If you were put off by no controller support in fellow GAFfer Chubigans' amazing Cook, Serve, Delicious!, maybe you should check it out again because it has full controller support now and it's amazing. Makes it into a whole new game for people like me who vastly prefer gamepads over kb/m.

Rhaknar

It's amusing that "INCLUDED IN EX MACHINA GOLD EDITION" is on all three store pages yet there's no such bundle on Steam.

yeah its super confusing, I have 1 of them... you have 2 of them, maybe all 3 now?

StAidan

See my response. I'm quite certain he's misremembering that part somewhat. I threw a handful of store page URLs into Archive.org's "Wayback Machine" in hope of confirmation, however none of them were saved during the sale period.

Yeah, hopefully I'm wrong, it just seems like something "bad" happened at the end right there and caused a lot of consternation.

Milamber

maybe you can explain why there are 3 different games with that name and they all look like the same

EuroJank. They release the first, use same engine and different story and call it a sequel and an arcade racer with a story.

This game is a Mad Max x Freelancer wannabe and it is delivering quite well.

MUnited83

For you.
Well yeah, I know, I was on a bundle-buying-spree when it exploded couple of years ago, but after I saw Zombie Shooter 1 and Zombie Shooter 2 in my Steam library, I realized that it's time to stop buying every 1$ bundle there is :D (Especially since I sometimes find myself just staring at my 300+ Steam library with at least 150 never before played games, and I just sigh and continue dreaming about some of the games that I don't have yet/that are not even out yet :D)

At this price I just can't say no :p Hell, I bought like 100 games this sale and that cost me like the price of 2 retail PS4 games over here :p

MachoSuave

Neo Member
What do people think about ace combat horizon? It's been 75% off since start of sale but never bought hoping for it to hit the front page for a bigger discount. So is the game fun?

Don't do it, yo. Without a doubt the worst AC game: zero fun, nothing but on-rails point&click turret segments and QTE dogfights. If you want fun with fighter jets play just about anything else in the series.

Rhaknar

EuroJank. They release the first, use same engine and different story and call it a sequel and an arcade racer with a story.

This game is a Mad Max x Freelancer wannabe and it is delivering quite well.

so which one...wait. Which one is the first one, and which one is the sequel?

I have this one

I had also just bought a new gaming PC at the beginning of that month. An AMD Phenom II X3 720 and a Radeon HD4850. I'm still using that processor and that video card today. The only upgrades I've made to my machine have been adding more storage. It's a little long in the tooth, I must say. That hideous green army camo client design.

Hell yes. I'm rocking a similar rig on the Intel side. It does the job. Aside from some terrible ports like GTA 4, I can play nearly everything on Steam ok.

Damn it's been five years since I made my computer and I've only upgraded the graphics card (three years ago). How did that happen. Well.

liezryou

I do remember something like that happening JaseC, either it was a bug for a few minutes and it got fixed, or it actually happened.

Turfster

So, for those disheartened by the Steam sales, GOG is doing their final day too, with all the packs and flash deals going one last time.

Also, GreenmanGaming has expanded their Mac sale. Quite a few of these are steamplay, so they'll run on PC too.
Bioshock infinite is 75% off, for example.
COD 4 is even 6.39€. Activision must not have been feeling well that day (it's 12.49€ on Steam)

Knurek

I'm super-salty that Ikaruga lost a community vote and hasn't shown up in a flash sale. Not so much that I have to pay $5, but more that people have terrible taste.

Speaking of shmups, aku:jiki, take note:
crimzonk9kau.png

Amazing run (for me), no life loss during first three stages, lost a live on 4th boss, than a few on fifth and all others on the EX boss. Who I beat with a spread of bullets nearing my ship, no boost/bomb energy and just pumped full of adrenaline.
Guys, seriously, Crimzon Clover is my 2014 GOTY.

JaseC

I do remember something like that happening JaseC, either it was a bug for a few minutes and it got fixed, or it actually happened.

The general sale discounts did end a day earlier than the sale banner suggested -- that part I'm not disagreeing with. But as I recall, the store pages made no mention of the discounts ending on the 3rd, only the 2nd.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
The same goes for me. Dawn of Discovery is not going lower than 40%. Time to buy I guess.

Yep, I bit the bullet. Bought Singularity, Marlow Briggs, Enslaved and The Last Remant. Used the 2.74€ I made today by selling cards, and I also sold the other 2 cards I dropped by buying the games and made 0.28cents back. Gotta love Steam.

Singularity, fucking finally! I don't even care if it sucks, but it was my White Whale. I waited patiently for 2 years for it to get to a decent price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom