• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakkue

Among people who have actually played any of their games, what's everybody's favorite grab so far? I ended up being really happy I picked up Space Base DF9. It's got some work needed still, and there isn't a whole lot to build, but it's a nice blend of relaxing and 'Oh, hell, things are not good' panic at times. Some more random dialogue for people coming by (with different results being possible for the same options like FTL has, so far it seems like it's obvious when somebody wants to kill you or when they want to join your crew) would go a long way to improving the game, and a lot more options of things to build. But for 8 bucks or whatever I grabbed it for, the game's in a place I'm happy with. I put in a few hours yesterday and I can definitely see myself checking in as the game is updated.

I bought and played through Year Walk and immensly enjoyed it. It's a beautiful, creepy atmospheric game, with lots of nice diverse puzzles and interesting skandinavian lore. Can only recommend it!

Anustart

I dont like shmups and probably voted against ikaruga, deal with it.

Gaben also owes me my 3 games! I'm sure there was just a mixup somewhere.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No, since it's a separate client IIRC

And I can't tell you, since it wants a Mic to even boot up the multiplayer. Goddamn it, Activision. :|

You're thinking of Black Ops.

Edit: I misread "Mic" as "Mac". But my underlying point still stands -- Steam-friendly Modern Warfare keys are SteamPlay.

Uzzy

GAF,

Would you make the following purchase?

http://i.imgur.com/63R97oW.png

Someone please stop me if this seems crazy ( too much rpg for one to handle).

Yup. You've got the greatest RPG of all time in there, along with loads of other RPG goodness. So it's all good.

Don't listen to people who suggest you should get rid of BG1. It's much easier to learn the AD&D 2nd Edition systems in BG1, given that you start at 1st level, and you'll miss out on quite a bit of story. The low-level wilderness exploration in BG1 is also pretty cool.

Hugstable

Banned
Just picked up Baldurs Gate 2 Enchanced Edition! Haven't played a game in this series before, but It seems like a great classic western RPG and I ended up winning another M&M 6$ yesterday which was perfect to get BG2. I was told the first game isn't truly connected story wise so I should be fine starting at BG2 hopefully. So many new games added to my library during this Steam Sale.

Valiant Hearts has surprised me also. I ended up getting the game for a key during the Russian mispricing, and I didn't know what to expect for this game or how it was even gonna play since all i'd seen of it was the E3 trailer. Such a fun experience so far, just got to Chapter 3. Pretty much been playing one whole chapter a sitting. I like the puzzle solving as well, that dog is too cute.

Also gotta thank Phoenix296, woke up this morning to find out I got gifted The Swapper! Thanks again Pheonix! <3

Copons

ßthePenguin;118751780 said:
Ikaruga for Encore Deals maybe? :>

Doesn't "encore" implies that it has been on sale before? :D

But hey, maybe they'll display a huge banner saying "we asked our community if they wanted to put Ikaruga in encore, and they voted no". :(

nbthedude

Yup. You've got the greatest RPG of all time in there, along with loads of other RPG goodness. So it's all good.

Don't listen to people who suggest you should get rid of BG1. It's much easier to learn the AD&D 2nd Edition systems in BG1, given that you start at 1st level, and you'll miss out on quite a bit of story. The low-level wilderness exploration in BG1 is also pretty cool.

I think people were suggesting to ditch it on a matter of praticality. People have jobs and less time. Realistically who is going to actually play two old games of that scope and size in 2014? My guess is almost nobody. Maybe if you were a student that literally had nothing to do all summer.

I still have the boxes when i purchased them on release. Havent played them in over a decade ( though got them with a gamersgate sale along with icewind dale and planescape:torment about a year ago)

The nostalgia with visual improvements is what is driving my desire to purchase them ( for both).

I think i will just close my eyes and take the leap of faith with based gaben on my side.

nbthedude

Doesn't "encore" implies that it has been on sale before? :D

But hey, maybe they'll display a huge banner saying "we asked our community if they wanted to put Ikaruga in encore, and they voted no". :(

Maybe they'll have a "The deals that didn't make it!" category and we'll get Ikaruga AND Double Dragon!

dreams, sweet dreams

gsrjedi

trying a giveaway

ModBot said:
Instructions for gsrjedi:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy #1 -- MB-09D553CAEE997D90 - Taken by Accoun. 1 entrants total.
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy #2 -- MB-19AC6DAEA1A33370 - Taken by Sub Zero. 3 entrants total.
Greed Corp -- MB-36CC99C118D7785C - Taken by Kid Ska. 2 entrants total.

t1404057609z1.png

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I played a few matches on Kingdoms Rise.

I was expecting a bad War of the Roses clone, but the game was pretty enjoyable even though it's still in early access and pretty light on content. To my surprise, I had no difficulty finding matches (guess the Flash sale for the game boosted the player count) and the whole experience was relatively lag free.

At the main screen, you create your character using a pretty deep customization system . At the start of each match, you choose your sword type, a secondary weapon and two spells. What's really good about the game is that everything is unlocked from the start except cosmetic stuff for your character, which is gained through leveling. Also I didn't notice players abusing a specific weapon/spell combo so kudos to the developers for balancing the game so early. It's also a pretty easy game to get into. There are no in-game tutorials (they are available as videos in the game's site I think) so I jumped into multiplayer immediately and did very well, despite not being very good in this type of games. The combat and animations are pretty clunky but I grew used to it after War of the roses and war of the vikings

There is still some time left for the Flash deal, so if you can get it cheap via a four pack, go for it

Ibuki

Banned
Still debating these:
Killer is Dead,
Double Dragon: Neon,
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae,
Always Sometimes Monsters,
Astebreed,
Crimzon Clover: World Ignition

Any of these I should avoid? I don't have much time left to decide on KiD. :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Killer is Dead is new-ish by like... a month or three(?) It'll probably be cheaper in the Winter Sale unless you have to buy it now. Same for Astebreed.

Hugstable

Banned
Still debating these:
Killer is Dead,
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae,
Astebreed,

Haha I'm still debating Crimzon Clover as well. Just won another M&M money but now the site is down. Gonna either use it for Crimzon Clover cause I can never have enough bullet hell shmup, or Baldurs Gate 1 EE.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Still debating these:
Killer is Dead,
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae,
Astebreed,

Get everything.
no-ragrets.jpg

nbthedude

Still debating these:
Killer is Dead,
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae,
Astebreed,

Double Dragon Neon is WAY BETTER than it has any right to be. Especially if you are playing it coop with a friend (find a friend!)

Still debating these:
Killer is Dead,
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae,
Astebreed,

All of them are good, I think?
I don't have much experience with Always Sometimes and Astebreed, but I'm considering grabbing Astebreed before the sale ends.

As far as KiD, buy it now. Immediately.
I was going to give one away but didn't honestly expect it to go on sale at this point and now my funding is hurting (I've given away way more than I planned to...)

Last day of the sale and it hasn't gone on a daily sale yet...
I'm getting Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut. It's been 75% off the entire time.

This sale I got...

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
Broken Age + Soundtrack
Payday 2 - Four Pack
Transistor
Goat Simulator
The Banner Saga
Ultra Baby's Co-op Chaos Pack
Don't Starve + Reign of Giants 2-Pack

And I was gifted

Age of Empires Legacy Bundle

Not including the DLC I bought for typing of the dead, the total damage was $91.77. A bit more then I planned to spend.

Not sure what happened. Crafted the sale badge, then it gave me a notice how with specific guest cards me and my friends can play specific games for free for a period of time. I clicked on it, and it just took me to the badges page.

Exuro

Not sure what happened. Crafted the sale badge, then it gave me a notice how with specific guest cards me and my friends can play specific games for free for a period of time. I clicked on it, and it just took me to the badges page.
Same thing happened to me yesterday.

XShagrath

I think the M&M site is down at the moment. We might have broke it. :p
Looking around, it seems that there was an "exploit" that was found out about last night and people were able to win multiple times in a single day. Hopefully, they'll get that sorted out without shutting down the entire promotion.

m0t0k1

Hmmm i will be skipping Killer is Dead this time. Want that game bad but steam wallet is almost empty and no time to play. Hope it will be 50% off during the coming winter sale.

kudoboi

yeah i get that every time i craft a summer badge too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom