• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

Are there new deals that will go live in an hour or does the sale end at that time? I'm kinda confused due to no community votes while the header says it's on until 30th June.

Hugstable

Banned
Looking around, it seems that there was an "exploit" that was found out about last night and people were able to win multiple times in a single day. Hopefully, they'll get that sorted out without shutting down the entire promotion.

Sketch. I just wanna redeem my last 6$ :(. I hope they get everything sorted out, would really suck if they do shut it down. If it's just a website exploit, then hopefully it's fixable.

Kiru

I bought it. I bought it. Just don't hurt me.

image.php

Calibus

Yeah I'm also already invested into Diablo 3 and Torchlight II. Still have unplayed Titan Quest whenever I might get bored with ARPGs... :/

Titan Quest in and of itself is an amazing game, but dated at this point. I still would recommend playing through it + Immortal Throne expansion then move to Grim Dawn.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hell yeah. Made back $1.40 in selling off my redundant cards for $.20 a pop after getting the level 1 non-foil summer badge.

Including the $.35 I got yesterday for like... $1.75. ObamaNotBad.jpg

Now if only I could figure out the buy/sell orders to get the Summer '13 badge I'd be in business.

gsrjedi

Are there new deals that will go live in an hour or does the sale end at that time? I'm kinda confused due to no community votes while the header says it's on until 30th June.

We should be getting encore deals today. All sale prices end in about 25 hours

NEO0MJ

For those that lost in Azure Dream's giveaway, here's another chance to get Double Dragon!
Like with my Nidhogg giveaway if you don't plan on playing with your bros can you refrain from participating in this? I'd really appreciate it.
Edit: You know what, anyone can just jump in and try to win it. Just try and find some bros to play it with one day :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Double Dragon Neon -- MB-78A3A75B1563CD73 - Taken by Exuro

t1404068264z1.png

zlatko

Banned
3 exp from level 8 so I can partake in the card fun, but my steam wallet only has 11 cents left in it.

Doh! :(

What are my other options to get those 3 points?

Eh, for that price and with the lack of character action games on Steam, I'd say it's worth it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xG112CCu_s

Well for $2.50, I think it worth it :D

There is no if.

YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY IT RIGHT AWAY. BUY IT.

(That's more like it...)

what if.... ok ok, I understand lol

No it's not. Camera is the only big problem, but the game is very fun.

So it seems that I will buy it too :)

MachoSuave

Neo Member
Really disappointed with this sale.
I waited for the dailies, but every time the list of dailies came up, I was thinking:

(1) wait for the GOTY edition and price drop
(2) wait for it to get out of early access
(3) wait for it to show up in the first tier of a bundle

Wasn't too pleased either, partly because of that list, but mostly because I already owned everything on steam I wanted bar stuff that came out between the last sale and now. $3 Cloudbuilt, Transistor daily and Killer is Dead flash make up for it in the end though.

Still debating these:
[Games]
Any of these I should avoid? I don't have much time left to decide on KiD. :(

CC is up there with Ikaruga for shmups and Astebreed is fun in it's own right. Little easy throughout but the last stage will kick your ass something fierce. Yes if you plan to play through hard after learning the ropes in normal. MKH is Bloody Palace: Vergil Edition with a cool but limited moveset (in comparison to actual bloody palace). You get exactly what you see in gameplay vids so let your heart decide.

_hekk05

Banned
3 exp from level 8 so I can partake in the card fun, but my steam wallet only has 11 cents left in it.

Doh! :(

What are my other options to get those 3 points?

You wanna try redeeming one of my steam trading card betas? Its supposed to give you 100 exp but I'm not sure if it still does, since the beta has long since ended

For those that lost in Azure Dream's giveaway, here's another chance to get Double Dragon!
Like with my Nidhogg giveaway if you don't plan on playing with your bros can you refrain from participating in this? I'd really appreciate it.
I'll respect your wishes and refrain from entering because of your "bros" request - I'm a single player guy mainly - but while that stipulation made sense for Nidhogg, I personally think the Double Dragon games in general work well as 1P. Just to be clear, I'm not arguing with you - your giveaway, your rules - just making an observation, in case anyone is deterred from buying the game because they think it's multiplayer-only or something.

Aurarian

Looking around, it seems that there was an "exploit" that was found out about last night and people were able to win multiple times in a single day. Hopefully, they'll get that sorted out without shutting down the entire promotion.

That sucks, i just won a code too and was hoping to get KID that way.

I decided to wait. Cool aesthetics but the reviews were baaaaad.

I may wait then in that case. I've always liked Suda games, but I saw a couple of reviews on steam referencing broken bugs.

Yakkue

I still have the boxes when i purchased them on release. Havent played them in over a decade ( though got them with a gamersgate sale along with icewind dale and planescape:torment about a year ago)

The nostalgia with visual improvements is what is driving my desire to purchase them ( for both).

I think i will just close my eyes and take the leap of faith with based gaben on my side.

The enhanced editions seem to be really buggy though =/ Which is why I'm still hesistant to buy them on steam.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just woke up to Grim Dawn being a flash sale. I've had this on my radar for over a year, so happy I waited. I almost picked it up last night for $17. With any luck, I'll be busy with Divinity: Original Sin until it's actually released.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Since:

a) there's no more game board
b) results seem rigged for the day
c) there's no community votes on the last day, so you can't get the tenth card

what's the chance that "everybody is a winner!" today?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Buy orders are prices others have set as "If there's one at this price, buy it for me."
Sell orders are basically prices the cards are being offered at at the moment.

So, how do I instantly buy them? In the old marketplace you could "snipe" deals instantly. Here I'm not sure which option to go with (buy?) to buy something instantly when I see them being put up for lower than the (sell?) price.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
GET IT.
Tweak the ini so it's 60fps.
Enjoy the hell out of it.

Are there step by step instructions on how to optimize/mode it before playing?

What? I could probably list a dozen off the top of my head (Metal Gear Rising, Enslaved, DmC, Castlevania, Killer is Dead, Batman series, Remember Me, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, DarkSiders, Marlowe Brigs, etc.).

You consider Remember Me, Castlevania, Enslaved, and Batman to be character action? Because I sure as hell don't. Also, where is Ninja Gaiden Sigma on Steam, because I'd buy it immediately.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not sure what happened. Crafted the sale badge, then it gave me a notice how with specific guest cards me and my friends can play specific games for free for a period of time. I clicked on it, and it just took me to the badges page.

That happens when you craft the badge and receive an item that can be unpacked. Steam thinks they're Guest Passes because from its limited perspective you received a bonus item that can be added to one's account.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Since:

a) there's no more game board
b) results seem rigged for the day
c) there's no community votes on the last day, so you can't get the tenth card

what's the chance that "everybody is a winner!" today?

I've thought this, but then I wonder if it's realistic for Gaben to give everyone free games.

But more likely, of course, it's just 30 people from every team or something.

NEO0MJ

I'll respect your wishes and refrain from entering because of your "bros" request - I'm a single player guy mainly - but while that stipulation made sense for Nidhogg, I personally think the Double Dragon games in general work well as 1P. Just to be clear, I'm not arguing with you - your giveaway, your rules - just making an observation, in case anyone is deterred from buying the game because they think it's multiplayer-only or something.

I guess your right. Oh what the heck, I'll just make it open.

Is modbot working now? I have games to give!

Yep, he's back online, and ready to deliver payloads.

The_Monk

Just woke up to Grim Dawn being a flash sale. I've had this on my radar for over a year, so happy I waited. I almost picked it up last night for $17. With any luck, I'll be busy with Divinity: Original Sin until it's actually released.

I was actually curious but then I realized I have a pretty decent amount of similar games, some to start, others to finish (Torchlight II, Van Helsing, and others) and since it's still an Early Access I'll keep a look until it gets 100% done. I was also considering getting the console version of Diablo just to play with a family friend. I only played that Trial thing on PC a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom