• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sucks, i just won a code too and was hoping to get KID that way.

I may wait then in that case. I've always liked Suda games, but I saw a couple of reviews on steam referencing broken bugs.

I hit 0 bugs that I can actually recall during my many hours with the game.
The game is fluid and actually surprised me considering what I normally think of Suda51 games.

The proof is in the webm. BEHOLD:

http://a.pomf.se/ffkmzx.webm

What? I could probably list a dozen off the top of my head (Metal Gear Rising, Enslaved, DmC, Castlevania, Killer is Dead, Batman series, Remember Me, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, DarkSiders, Marlowe Brigs, etc.).

Umm...:/

The good thing about Mitsurugi is that is closer to Ninja Gaiden in terms of combat and difficulty than most of these games. I mean, is not comparable, but for the price is a good fix for people that wants something similar.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Last bump, last giveaway!
tBWml8N.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-0B08BF24AF855E7E - Taken by Vuze

header_292x136.jpg

t1404068547z1.png

VeTqUrv.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol at people thinking devs would give every steam user games

That happens when you craft the badge and receive an item that can be unpacked. Steam thinks they're Guest Passes because from its limited perspective you received a bonus item that can be added to one's account.

Ah, I see. I unpacked that item, but nothing happened.

edit: oh wait a minute, I see a new game in my library.

Ibuki

Banned
Sorry not much time left, I was a little late getting the post code.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Knytt Underground -- MB-DB1A8D2B9F3C4E72 - Taken by Sofa King. 4 entrants total.

t1404058513z1.png

Turfster

So, how do I instantly buy them? In the old marketplace you could "snipe" deals instantly. Here I'm not sure which option to go with (buy?) to buy something instantly when I see them being put up for lower than the (sell?) price.
I don't think there's "instant" buying any more, unless maybe you set your buy to a sell that hasn't been reached by other buyers yet?

lol at people thinking devs would give every steam user games

Well, with that weird message some people got when crafting summer badges, maybe they're going to implement something like the PS+ Game Trial thing? Possibly?

It'll go away eventually right?

Have you tried trading with someone else in the mean time? (using the trade interface, not the offer one)

Kifimbo

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-C263FDF62D82047B - Taken by pupo. 16 entrants total.

t1404059179z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wario64 tried to screw me with a trade offer a few days ago but it still shows up as a notification for me:

It'll go away eventually right?

Have someone send you a trade offer and decline it yourself. This will also remove the stuck notification.

abracadaver

So, should I buy Fallout 3 GOTY or wait?

I bought it but it seems like they dont have any GFWL keys anymore. You cant play online with GFWL and you cant earn any achievements.
I think you can still play offline by using some GFWL disabling tool but I didnt want to do that. I want my key from steam and I want to earn achievements.

Tellaerin

So what's the consensus on today's sale? Are all the non-advertised sales going away after 1 pm, leaving only the encores (or whatever) that get posted today?

State of Decay is 75% discounted, it won't get cheaper.
Ikaruga is 50% discounted, it will (eventually) get cheaper.

Everything always gets cheaper.

Ikaruga is worth it at $5 if you want a shmup to play, as it's absolutely brilliant.
State of Decay is supposedly good too (have it, haven't played it yet)... I wanted the new DLC, but it didn't get discounted enough for me to bite.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I was actually curious but then I realized I have a pretty decent amount of similar games, some to start, others to finish (Torchlight II, Van Helsing, and others) and since it's still an Early Access I'll keep a look until it gets 100% done. I was also considering getting the console version of Diablo just to play with a family friend. I only played that Trial thing on PC a long time ago.

If you haven't played Torchlight II yet, I'd suggest starting there - it's one of the best entries in the genre to date.

Turfster

People that liked RE Revelaitons and don't have it yet, get Cold Fear in the sale.
It's cheap and older, but it's a really good classic RE-like.

I bought it but it seems like they dont have any GFWL keys anymore. You cant play online with GFWL and you cant earn any achievements.
I think you can still play offline by using some GFWL disabling tool but I didnt want to do that. I want my key from steam and I want to earn achievements.

Steam has no more keys and will not give you one. I tried. They maintain that you do not need the key to make the game work and since they're not getting any more, those who didn't get a key before they ran out just don't get a key period.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
People that liked RE Revelaitons and don't have it yet, get Cold Fear in the sale.

If I knew earlier I would have grabbed the game. Always been curious about that game when I saw it on the PS2/Xbox days. It shall be on sale for Wintersale so no biggie.

The007JiM

mmmmm. I have us$4.10 left in my wallet but i'm not sure if i need to wait for more offers or buy something right row. Should i wait SteamGAF?

Turfster

Thank you very much for reply.
It's alway hard to tell for me what works where :)

You're welcome ;)
Don't forget to use the 25% off code if you buy for more than 10<your currency here>
0DGPMZ-PIFWMK-FJDYRG

If I knew earlier I would have grabbed the game. Always been curious about that game when I saw it on the PS2/Xbox days. It shall be on sale for Wintersale so no biggie.

Cold Fear is 3€ and probably won't go cheaper, given its age.
On Steam, anyway. I see it's been cheaper on GMG and nuuvem, but those aren't Steam keys.

Did you get The Swapper? You didn't? Shame on you! Well, now you can make amends!

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

The Swapper -- MB-6B8808246AEBD105 - Taken by FtHTiny. 18 entrants total.

t1404059634z1.png

Jeremy

You must be new here.

Go to the Steam page for the game you want to know about. Let's say Astebreed:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/283680/

Notice:

Buy Astrebreed
SUMMER SALE! Offer ends in 24:41:xx.

There's your answer. :p

It's my first sale and I've been in these threads since the beginning. People post the same thing you do and I realize that and can read, see and interpret that, but there are also people posting that in the previous sale, even though the times were listed at an additional 24h when encore sales were posted they all ended anyway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Been wondering this for like 2 days. No one ever has a real answer.

The sale ends on the 30th at 10am PT. What this means is:

- All non-featured deals will end on the 30th at 10am PT
- The next set of Dailies will likely end at the same time, however there's a chance the 24-hour grace period will also apply despite this extending the deals into the post-sale period
- Flash Sales, unless Valve has forgotten to update the text, will continue as scheduled (i.e. rotating every 8 hours, albeit only a few more times -- they too will end come the 30th at 10am PT)

Tellaerin

You must be new here.

Go to the Steam page for the game you want to know about. Let's say Astebreed:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/283680/

Notice:

Buy Astrebreed
SUMMER SALE! Offer ends in 24:41:xx.

There's your answer. :p

Except that if memory serves, that didn't work out so well on one of the previous sales (Might've been last winter's?) People (including myself) were pissed because the sales on the non-advertised stuff ended prematurely that time. So now I'm a little paranoid about it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom