• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I just bought Divinity Original Sin too.

I'll wait for release date before I start it up though ?

Been a good haul this time, let's see what we got!
2Ts0EH9.png
Banished from GOG too.

A total of... Numbers are boring let's just forget about this part! Now to play these games!

Terra

My haul this year was kept to a minimum:
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Revelations
Baldurs Gate 1
Baldurs Gate 2

Not too impressed by Steam Sales anymore. The games can be found cheaper from other digital retailers.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Everything's calling my name. Space Engineers, Divinity, Planetary Annihilation, Metro, Banished...I don't know if I'll pull the trigger on any of them though.

Hubb

Same for me; I've heard great things about it!

I bought it during the sale and have put about 6-7 hours into it. It doesn't have a whole lot of building variety (at least compared to what I am used to), it is more about balancing what you have and expanding your village at the right time.

I don't regret my purchase at all, though I can't see it having the same pulling power as Tropico 4 had on me. Unless I am missing something there are no scenarios like other games in the genre. I still see myself putting at least 20 hours into the game before I move on, well worth the $10 but I wouldn't argue with you if you wanted to wait till it was $5.

EDIT: Can't spell Tropico

OmegaDL50

Had a good run.

Pretty decent sale. I think I got more games this year then the last one.

Highlights :
Was graciously gifted Divinity: Original Sin from a awesome GAF member (Thanks vilmer_)
Got every game I wanted on sale (MK Komplete Edition and Borderlands 2 DLC) except one.

Lowpoints :
Morrowind didn't go on sale for either a Daily or a Flash.
Wasn't one of the 30 picked winners when Purple one the one day.

All in all more pros then cons, and even the cons weren't really an issue.

Afterthoughts. I think Valve needs to upgrade the Steam client software. Allow me to hide games and not the necessary need to do extraneous workarounds like put them into a Z category. My library is approaching 250 games. It's 2014 for Gods sake, I think a considerable revamp is due.

Copons

How computer intensive is witcher 2 it's the only thing I can afford on today's deal

Very.
But it has plenty of graphic options and of course it depends on your rig.

I tried playing it with a mid 2009 MacBook Pro, with a 256MB video card and to make it playable I had to disable everything and set to 640x480. Couldn't go through the tutorial tho, as at that resolution texts were too small to read. :(

Mordeccai

ok so two things:
1) Steam doesn't cap you at a certain speed, try another server

2) Origin lies about download speeds so no matter how fast you think it's downloading, it's not downloading that fast. Titanfall isn't 50 gigs, it's 21 gigs. Origin claims it's 50 gigs, so you experienced stated download speeds that were more than twice the speed you actually downloaded at.

Damn, that is devious on EA's part. Blew my mind here stump.

Sounds like a connection issue. Valve can't throttle the per-user throughput of a server it itself doesn't operate.

Maybe I just havent tried enough servers. I pull around 30 mb/s on a speed test (which is what my internet package states the speeds should be), if there is no cap on the speeds what are the speeds other gaffers tend to get? Especially curious about Euro-gaf with their superior internets.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Can someone recommend me a good RPG that is under $5 that will run on most laptops? I wan't to get something for my brother, and he loves RPG's like Chrono Trigger and strategy games like Fire Emblem.

Well, looks like this is the end of the sale for me. Bought quite a few good games.

I'm wondering when will the whole Shogun 2 pack (with all DLCs and the stand-alone expansion included) finally go for 75% off. It's been 3 years already.

Indignate

Jeez, Tomb Raider needs to stop teasing me.

I've already beat you on the 360, I don't need to play you again no matter how good i thought you were.

...man, that game was good though.

Ozium

do these badges tell whether you were loyal to your team or traitorous filth who jumped ship to swim with the whales?

blue is pure.

Why is Steam telling me I have one card drop remaining for Steam Summer Adventure 2014 Badge and that I should PLAY GAME?

Well just for kicks, I hit PLAY GAME when I had the same similar situation. Just 15 seconds ago, I received a random card drop and now that 1 remaining card notification is gone.

HoosTrax

Okay I just bought Divinity Original Sin too.

I'll wait for release date before I start it up though ?
I've been reading up on the forum, and it sounds like there will be a savegame wipe right before it releases. So personally, I'd wait a day, as hard as that will be :).

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
People are gift begging now? Ok, I would appreciate gifts of Watch_Dogs, Castlevania LOS2, COD Advanced Warfare or Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishments.

Heard this will help so I am posting it
256x256.jpg

Stump, I want to have a few words with modbot.
We need to iron some things out... I'm set over here, tire iron and all... please let me know when I can "speak" to him.

[It seems that the race condition yesterday ended with a situation where 2 winning PMs were sent. Terra_EX claimed the gift first, so HohoXD123 was left wondering why the gift link modbot sent him didn't work. I've fixed that part of the problem, but I have a few issues I'd like to discuss with Herr Modbot...]

Damage this sale:

Monaco
Divinity Original Sin
Betrayer
Nether
Can't Stop Laughing Bundle
Delver
Remember Me
Transistor
Cloudbuilt
Croixleur Σ
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
Akane the Kunoichi

Pretty good sale even if the community was hell bent on trying to make it suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom