• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanokare

Turfster must have really high blood pressure right now, having to look at all of these lists :p

Hahaha. Yeah usually there's a list thread somewhere. Oh well... next sale the list thread should be made again. I don't mind lists though but I see why people don't enjoy scrolling though pages of it.

bender

What time is it?
Spent way more than I thought:

Ikaruga 4.99
Thirty Flights of Loving 2.49
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ All You Can Eat Edition 3.74
Grim Dawn 8.96
Broforce 4-Pack Gift 6.72
Adventures of Shuggy Retail Free
Valiant Hearts: The Great War 2.24
ARMA 3 29.99
Can't Stop Laughing Bundle 2.49
Castle Crashers Blacksmith 0.24
Castle Crashers Pink Knight 0.24
The Ship Retail 1
Inquisitor Deluxe Edition 1
Age of Empires II HD + The Forgotten Expansion 2.49
Project Zomboid 10.04
Call of Juarez Gunslinger 3.74
Total 80.37

A good haul and cleared off most of my wishlist.

liezryou

If anyone is locked out of the market and/or does not plan to use their summer sale cards and wants to be super awesome and win my heart forever, please send them here to me via a trade offer: http://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=45809006&token=bHuyxc8r .

If i actually craft one of the items of worth from these cards a few GAFfers have sent me, i shall make a huge giveaway :D.

I know alot of people have cards that they are going to let expire in their inventory. FEED MY FIRE GAF!

BJK

My Haul:
  • Sid Meyer's Pirates, $2.49
  • The Last Remnant, $2.49
  • Transistor, $14.99
  • LA Noire Complete Edition. $5.09
  • Dark Souls, Prepare to Die Edition, $4.99
  • Rogue Legacy, $3.74
  • Final Fantasy VII, $4.07
  • South Park: Stick of Truth, $40.19

$78.05 + tax
So long as I play the expensive games before the Winter Sale, I'm okay with my spending.

Out of curiosity. Are there going to be further reductions in the final hour? I've heard how games are discounted again near the sale end. I'm just looking at ID Software titles.

Scrum

3 mystery raffles, I entered in two of them will probably end up with 2 copies of Bad rats :)

A pretty nice sale for me. Bought 5 games and won 2 from here (thanks Gaf)
Surprised that I didnt get any free games from the adventure
But I was in the blue team so theres the answer on that one :(

KissVibes

Banned
Purchased:

• System Shock 2
  • Delver
  • Dead Island
  • Dead Island Riptide Complete Edition
  • Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money (DLC)
  • Fallout New Vegas: Lonesome Road (DLC)
  • Fallout New Vegas: Old World Blues (DLC)
  • Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts (DLC)
  • Spelunky
  • Betrayer
  • Marlow Briggs
  • Call of Juarez Gunslinger
  • Magical Drop V
  • Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon

Gifted:

• Rogue Legacy
  • Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

Won:

• Torchlight II

Sale kinda sucked, guys.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
lol I bitch about Ubisoft deep discounts and they suddenly knock Ass Creed's series to -75%. UBISOFT WHERE WERE YOU ABOUT AN HOUR AGO!? I WOULD'VE BOUGHT THOSE INSTEAD OF MY WISHLISTED STUFF! D:

Sober

Finger's hovering over the purchase button for Banished, which looks to have super interesting mechanics. But I don't know if I need an intensive city-builder right now, and the RPS review made me a bit hesitant.

I got my wallet down to $0 early this morning, so all in all it was a pretty efficient sale. But now I'm tempted to make one final purchase.

Blast you, Steam.
It will go on sale again (tm)

Zeliard

Can someone hug me? This sadness I feel for Mexico losing in such a despicable way is getting to me...

No Ikaruga, no Double Dragon Neon, no SFxT.... does anyone want my Summer Adventure cards? Two 2's, two 4's, one 7, and two 8's. I don't want to bother with this sale anymore... :(

steamcommunity.com/id/Chavelo

Ikaruga @ $5 is a very good price for such a stellar game. You'd be making a mistake skipping it simply because it didn't go down to $2.50, unless you want to wait til winter.

Vibranium

Banned
Sale is wrapped up for me. Hope you all had a great sale. This is one last giveaway as a thank you to all the members who have been extremely generous on this sale, and especially those who were not regular posters on the Steam threads but gave away so much stuff
Join the Wild Hunt !

Holy shit, thank you Mr. Sub-Zero! So generous, I will try to enter.

MadGear

lol I bitch about Ubisoft deep discounts and they suddenly knock Ass Creed's series to -75%. UBISOFT WHERE WERE YOU ABOUT AN HOUR AGO!? I WOULD'VE BOUGHT THOSE INSTEAD OF MY WISHLISTED STUFF! D:

An hour ago? The 75% discounts on AC2 - AC:3 were applied since the encore deals were introduced 2 hours ago. Should have looked harder :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Same discounts Ass Creed had when they were dailies.

Yes, but I bought Black Flag since that was daily. I was waiting for the encore to see if I had cash left over. I bought X-com instead because HOLY CRAP -80%. If they were there an hour ago before I knew of X-com, I'd of gotten Ass Creed 2 or Brotherhood.

Ozium

Ah sorry, missed that. I highly vote for Super House Of Dead Ninjas and have written about how I love it so (my favourite game on Steam) quite a few times in past Steam threads. Though to keep it simple here is just a basic review on Steam itself I did.

So I vote for you getting that, and everyone getting that. However I'll be doing a giveaway for a few copies soon in this thread if you can wait just a bit and then three hours.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840818

oooh thanks I may take you up on that...
As for the DLC, I can only say it is worth it if one actually wants more difficulty from the game as it features a character that has less abilities, a harder difficulty mode, boss rush, and more achievements to aim for. All things I am quite happy for even as I struggle for the Speed Run, but nothing that changes the game or adds much more. So I say nay to that, or at least wait until the next sale when it will be discounted again, after you have grown use to the challenge and fun of the main game.

yeah I was thinking of just waiting on the dlc, thanks for the advice.

Sale is wrapped up for me. Hope you all had a great sale. This is one last giveaway as a thank you to all the members who have been extremely generous on this sale, and especially those who were not regular posters on the Steam threads but gave away so much stuff
Join the Wild Hunt !
acmnme.gif

tumblr_n6pn96EpcH1t9xsnro5_500.gif
Entered. That trailer was amazing.

Join the Wild Hunt !

acmnme.gif

tumblr_n6pn96EpcH1t9xsnro5_500.gif
Amazing giveaway Sub Zero.
You are always the better ninja than that Scorpion.

Kiru

LAST POST. TOP OF THE PAGE HELL YEAH :D

Yep. It's my birthday and I want to share some leftover games I had with you guys. It may not be much, but I hope some people still want to get some FEAR or Batman. :) Also I didn't include the Lurker restriction, because these threads move so fast during sale. Thank you for this great community. I also hid a steamgifts giveaway link in Email tags in this post. It's for 5 copies of Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light with required contribution of 30.01 on steamgifts (that's bundle games and at least one non bundle game given away). Good Luck :)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 49 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guardians of Middleearth Smaug's Treasure DLC -- MB-80A41C68DA991275 - Taken by Ruruja. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-06CBFFF341202C46 - Taken by Nibiru. 3 entrants total.
Guardians of Middleearth -- MB-9142EF0929F52E90 - Taken by Vandrar. 15 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-7768B004B3D92F9C - Taken by elementalsin. 14 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-EB24F4A9DF6ABA88 - Taken by Sendero. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space 3 (Origin) -- MB-6D33E97C7116518A - Taken by PolarBearsClub. 16 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin #2 -- MB-921296FE9109E8F9 - Taken by Diedac. 15 entrants total.
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-D71AD899BB8F8963 - Taken by Arren. 14 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin #1 -- MB-26D619183EAA1CC9 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 16 entrants total.
PID #2 -- MB-0E94FDAAF5FEBAEB - Taken by Ventara. 3 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-F5CB371B2A189A21 - Taken by scoobidoo112. 8 entrants total.
Offspring Fling -- MB-D7228211BE12EC30 - Taken by Liseda. 3 entrants total.
PID #1 -- MB-B2240BBD9C3EF278 - Taken by Speevy. 7 entrants total.
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-6B11219D25E290B4 - Taken by kiri. 34 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-2817BB062682C833 - Taken by TriangleMasher. 12 entrants total.
SpaceChem #2 -- MB-BF142D4102C67EB6 - Taken by Vyse24. 2 entrants total.
SpaceChem #1 -- MB-402A4528872C8B65 - Taken by Chezzymann. 8 entrants total.
The Adventures of Shuggy -- MB-DD5F8662B73ED189 - Taken by Vandrar. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-4F45AFBDC5626B16 - Taken by Mr. Smith. 3 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Origins New Millennium Skins DLC -- MB-08345CF75D07C37D - Taken by Xanathus. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Anomaly Warzone Earth #1 -- MB-D68FE44F35AB58E2 - Taken by Ryne. 1 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
Dungeon Keeper Gold (GOG) -- MB-88C3DE03C0B6FB0B - Taken by Finalow. 5 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-F58DAE4B17DC5DEF - Taken by jeremy70583. 1 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-30CE40203EE4932E - Taken by akskiller. 23 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol -- MB-CEB2B36589D457F7 - Taken by PossumMeat. 8 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-EA0DE35B59F8807E - Taken by JoduanER2. 5 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Anomaly Warzone Earth #2 -- MB-680CE483D3B33F63 - Taken by TsuXna. 4 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Anomaly Warzone Earth #3 -- MB-055EB16182783382 - Taken by rainking187. 3 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol Pacific Skies -- MB-E1B84ABB52697504 - Taken by FauX. 2 entrants total.

vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise The Ultmiate Box (Origin) -- MB-13A9EB59453F7C5E - Taken by thebloo. 1 entrants total.
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-F97EA3CCFEBA2535 - Taken by Boom Boom Pow. 6 entrants total.
Company of Heroes 2 Multiplayer Access -- MB-739BE772566E4748 - Taken by biRdy. 3 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete -- MB-A7C2D5586B5FD4D8 - Taken by Martian. 8 entrants total.
Gotham City Impostors Professional Kit -- MB-A8618A255251B3AA - Taken by Azure Dream. 2 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings War in the North -- MB-2FE9298DEA601F35 - Taken by Striek. 21 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box -- MB-D258786507FD03B9 - Taken by hawk2025. 19 entrants total.
Calibre Racing (Alpha, but probably full game) -- MB-03C840010A2029BB - Taken by Saty. 9 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings Online Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-87618B91EAA2304F - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 2 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
Torchlight (GOG) #1 -- MB-7CA0E69D22BEAC79 - Taken by betterhalf. 7 entrants total.
Gun Metal -- MB-FF3744E919E22C97 - Taken by SmarterUnconscious. 8 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-468A33629B10AB79 - Taken by tiny raptor. 28 entrants total.
The Adventures of Shuggy #2 -- MB-333497F1C9706A42 - Taken by demented. 2 entrants total.
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-06F55E808C3FD64D - Taken by KevMan1815. 37 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-690A0670FE1021DB - Taken by Melhisedek. 16 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. #2 -- MB-5F461769BA38FD32 - Taken by Out_Of_Ammo. 21 entrants total.
Mortal Kombat Kollection -- MB-5BD4CF9DDC2DE6E7 - Taken by liezryou. 38 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. #1 -- MB-2C54ED6F68D2E111 - Taken by cardinalmind. 29 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
Torchlight (GOG) #2 -- MB-89A5427E66BAF1DB - Taken by UncleO. 6 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-D4535D4AF990EC0B - Taken by Xamdou. 4 entrants total.

t1404069195z1.png
Lara Croft Link

For a new page: Two of these are definitely bad rats, the other is probably bad rats but might be Divinity Original Sin. Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

mystery game #3 -- MB-B0E9807B54920A2E - Taken by The One Qoo
mystery game #2 -- MB-A6E3DFDB8F37B7D0 - Taken by Rnr1224
mystery game -- MB-F0BA311F5FB70F5C - Taken by jres80

t1404077834z1.png

divinity_os.jpg

My hunger for badges has come to an end.

Until next sale when people are silly and buy event cards for 50 cents even though they'll go down to ten.

Quantum

wall of shame:

heroes rise bundle, year walk, sins of a solar empire rebellion, ghost busters, strike vector, starlight inception, QBEH-1, omikron,cloudbuilt, pacman (complete), advent rising, divinity: OS, wasteland 2 (activated KS), call of juarez - gunslinger, tower of guns, state of decay breakdown, banished, van helsing II, skull girls, transformers (two most recent but not newest), betrayer, battle block theatre, nether, planet explorers, dead pixels, summoner, lego movie game, bl2 last 2 pieces of dlc, delver, pixel piracy, blackguards, resident evil 4, prototype 2, long live the queen, of orcs and men, aarklash, banner saga, bolders gate (1+2), Wolfenstien, edge of space.

hated the metagame, liked being on the red team, didn't win shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom