• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a new page: Two of these are definitely bad rats, the other is probably bad rats but might be Divinity Original Sin. Good luck!

divinity_os.jpg

Even though I already own Divinity, I'm tempted to enter just for Bad Rats. Seen so much hate/love for this game on steam.

kami_sama

LAST POST. TOP OF THE PAGE HELL YEAH :D

Yep. It's my birthday and I want to share some leftover games I had with you guys. It may not be much, but I hope some people still want to get some FEAR or Batman. :) Also I didn't include the Lurker restriction, because these threads move so fast during sale. Thank you for this great community. I also hid a steamgifts giveaway link in Email tags in this post. It's for 5 copies of Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light with required contribution of 30.01 on steamgifts (that's bundle games and at least one non bundle game given away). Good Luck :)

Lara Croft Link

Great giveaway!

Beelzebubs

Really am disappointed that at my Steam level of 28 not a single booster pack during this sale. Thought it went on people crafting game badges.

Decoyman

Neo Member
Giving something back to my fellow Juniors...Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Double Dragon Neon -- MB-346DA5324278BFF7 - Taken by tav7623

t1404078069z1.png

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Sad I missed the Banner Saga when it was a daily. I have a strong love of that era/mythology/etc.

I guess theres always next sale.

Dambrosi

Banned
Cards expire? WTF

Also they are selling for shitty price now, not even worth the time.
I dunno, I sold the final card I got at the end of the sale for just enough to get myself Roogoo! WooHoo!

Giving something back to my fellow Juniors...Good luck!
Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
...wait.

Ozium

Is the PAC-MAN™ Championship Edition DX+ DLC worth the £1 extra, or is it a load of junk I'll never use?

worth it, you get 4 new maps, along with all the skins and music dlc

the 4 new maps come in 3 different .99c dlcs so even if you just cared about more gameplay content you'd be better off w/ the bundle

Parsnip

Among people who have actually played any of their games, what's everybody's favorite grab so far? I ended up being really happy I picked up Space Base DF9. It's got some work needed still, and there isn't a whole lot to build, but it's a nice blend of relaxing and 'Oh, hell, things are not good' panic at times. Some more random dialogue for people coming by (with different results being possible for the same options like FTL has, so far it seems like it's obvious when somebody wants to kill you or when they want to join your crew) would go a long way to improving the game, and a lot more options of things to build. But for 8 bucks or whatever I grabbed it for, the game's in a place I'm happy with. I put in a few hours yesterday and I can definitely see myself checking in as the game is updated.

I've been playing a bunch of Octodad and Age of Wonder 3. Octodad is charming, but I can't get behind the controls at all. Age of Wonders seems great, but it has some UI stuff that I wish were different, and what it's doing the most to me is actually making me want to play Heroes of Might and Magic 3.

Lomax

My Haul:
  • Sid Meyer's Pirates, $2.49
  • The Last Remnant, $2.49
  • Transistor, $14.99
  • LA Noire Complete Edition. $5.09
  • Dark Souls, Prepare to Die Edition, $4.99
  • Rogue Legacy, $3.74
  • Final Fantasy VII, $4.07
  • South Park: Stick of Truth, $40.19

$78.05 + tax
So long as I play the expensive games before the Winter Sale, I'm okay with my spending.

The expensive games always end up being the least likely to get played.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Among people who have actually played any of their games, what's everybody's favorite grab so far? I ended up being really happy I picked up Space Base DF9. It's got some work needed still, and there isn't a whole lot to build, but it's a nice blend of relaxing and 'Oh, hell, things are not good' panic at times. Some more random dialogue for people coming by (with different results being possible for the same options like FTL has, so far it seems like it's obvious when somebody wants to kill you or when they want to join your crew) would go a long way to improving the game, and a lot more options of things to build. But for 8 bucks or whatever I grabbed it for, the game's in a place I'm happy with. I put in a few hours yesterday and I can definitely see myself checking in as the game is updated.

Only played 2. Magic 2014 and the Civ V expansion. Was a little dissapointed with Magic 2014. It's still decent, but definitely felt like the weakest of any of the DotP games.

Civ V Brave New World is just as good as everyone said it was though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so after Pac-Man, I'll have about 5 bucks left

Was looking at Enslaved or Ikaruga, but if anybody else has a better suggestion, I'm all ears. I was probably going to pass on Ikaruga, because they have already shown they were willing to drop the price lower, and because I totally suck at shmups anyway.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Most of you guys probably already have it but maybe somebody wants it

ModBot said:
Instructions for poopninjamvc3mk:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Ship -- MB-907D9611B488197F - Taken by LordK

Vuze

I just watched all dev diaries and trailers for Valiant Hearts and realized they cut one complete character that they have announced ôo Hrm. Well I think the game was long enough as is, would probably have been too long with one additional character.

Also WUT. Thank you very much for DMC4 GuardianE!!
I will make sure to wrap up a larger giveaway next month as soon as I receive my job payment, I already picked up some nice little things during the sale but want to add more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom