• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibranium

Banned
For every 99 people have nothing but trouble with it, there's 1 that has none and will keep telling the people with problems they're imagining stuff.

Heh.

And then people on Reddit defending uPlay and Origin as "Steam competitors" when they never ever will even come close and have a fraction of the library. GOG Galaxy is only client with a shot and that will take years of work.

Lothars

For every 99 people have nothing but trouble with it, there's 1 that has none and will keep telling the people with problems they're imagining stuff.
normally its the 99 people that don't have issues with it but the one person that does is going to make the most noise.

Can anyone recommend a good multiplayer based game with a lively community that's on sale right now?

Also, is 7 days to die good? The concept looks interesting.

Yeah, I watched all of that and have read some impressions. I've got a bunch of other RTS/Strategy games that I could play, and with how hesitant I've been about buying this, I should probably just wait for the Winter Sale before I decide.

Its worth noting that the devs have said the games price will drop as it nears release, so next sale it will be even cheaper.

demented

Think I bought like 1 game this sale, either I had them or they didn't drop far enough :\

Some I really wanted but 25% or even 50% off isn't good enough for me these days... Maybe at Winter's sale.

jediyoshi

Bolded for emphasis. My first participation in the sale was before I understood the pacing of things and wasted about 10 badges when green was in 4th place. Though it was when the Reddit thing was going on, so I had no idea it was another team's "day".

It was really stupid, get rid of it. Maybe if it was better implemented but no one likes to be on the losing team, especially when you don't even know if your contributions actually matter (and if they do, it isn't even a drop in the bucket).

I don't understand these complaints, it's either competitive or not. There's no middle ground of balance where everyone can be happy but there also be winners and losers.

Paskil

Nothing on the last day that I want. Was hoping to see Papers, Please discounted more than 50%
unless I missed it

Fracas

#fuckonami
Are all the items you can craft during this sale only craftable from summer sale cards?

Might hold on to a few things if so.

Najaf

Damn...All I wanted from this sale was super street fighter 4 AE...and it only came in a community vote that did not win.

I did not even see it on the community vote... Alas, it will likely hit a sale in the next month before the boxed Ultimate hits shelves.

Nice Avatar by the way...

Toki767

One last giveaway for me. I promise it isn't Bad Rats.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game -- MB-1B814DF9FDC4EBE8 - Taken by ANuclearError

t1404082655z1.png

I'm glad so many people enjoyed the Double Dragon Neon giveaway!

LAST POST. TOP OF THE PAGE HELL YEAH :D

Yep. It's my birthday and I want to share some leftover games I had with you guys. It may not be much, but I hope some people still want to get some FEAR or Batman. :) Also I didn't include the Lurker restriction, because these threads move so fast during sale. Thank you for this great community.

Thank you for the Gotham City Imposters pack!

StAidan

In spite of this sale's disappointments, I ended up pretty satisfied with it. Before the sale I had 36 items on my wishlist, now I'm down to 25. Also ended up with half a dozen or so impulse buys that I think I'll be happy with.

ViviOggi

Here goes! Thanks for the sale company, SteamGAF.

ModBot said:
Instructions for ViviOggi:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-BE3037EF7DED307E - Taken by wagamer. 23 entrants total.

t1404073135z1.png

garath

Payday 2 may be the game of the sale for me. Played another few hours today and got with some level 89 guy who guided the whole team to three successful stealth heists on overkill or higher. I went from level 3 to 17 or something Lol. Wish I could have kept playing with him.

Decided with that to buy all the discounted dlc. Get all the weapons!

Runner up is last remnant. I cant put that down either.

Still debating wolfenstein but damn. 30 is pretty steep for a game when I just bought like 6 others.

eggwolio

I spent nearly a hundred bucks in the sale and I'm pretty sure Marlow was my favorite of my purchases. Awesome choice for a giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom