• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotrock

Banned
Wow these threads move fast, well to ask my question again at the very end of the last ot, I have Rayman legends in my inventory and am thinking about trading it for broforce, should I do it or keep the Rayman?

Rayman Legends is a fun video game and a complete experience.

Ventara

Here's an extra key I have.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves -- MB-F91FAC1186DF50CA - Taken by Colby. 4 entrants total.

t1403760509z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Shovel Knight's 60fps smoothness is breaking my brain for some reason

its too smoth damn it! >_<

KainXVIII

Maybe someone need this
ModBot said:
Instructions for KainXVIII:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aerena -- MB-CF6A07DF36915385 - Taken by GaussTek

t1403770509z1.png

Oh... duh. Now I know why it's probably not getting a discount.
They probably don't want to cut down on potential future SiN Gold sales if and when it makes the jump from GOG to Steam.
But yes, it needs to happen.
SiN Gold also comes with the expansion pack, which some people prefer to the main campaign, as well as some feelies. So it's not cut-and-dry that one should always get Emergence for the original.

Enjoy! It's a helluva lot better than Infiniminer.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Okay, I have selected a winner.

giphy.gif

Woo! I am not a teacher but it has been an interest of mine for a while, so I'm always deconstructing and analyzing the world around me, figuring out ways to pass that learning to others.

Thanks so much for doing this contest, I shall add you to my steam list shortly.

RC

Banned
This maybe the second steam sale in a row where I don't buy anything.

Those Humble Bundles have spoiled me rotten.

Anustart

So steam is erroring me out when I try to buy Mass Effect, probably because of all my m&m's shenanigans.

Would someone be so kind as to buy it and gift it to me if I give you the m&m card details? Keep the 1.01 on the house for your troubles :)

Ventara

giphy.gif

Woo! I am not a teacher but it has been an interest of mine for a while, so I'm always deconstructing and analyzing the world around me, figuring out ways to pass that learning to others.

Thanks so much for doing this contest, I shall add you to my steam list shortly.

Now you're just showing off, lol.

Paertan

I was just bitching about this to Rhaknar-senpai.

Especially since the tile says Check out the DLCs and the S looks like a $.

Yeah and it is not like the DLC looks super great. Not that much and not that special. If Magicka had a "Check out the DLC" I would understand it. Ton of DLC and Vietnam with mages is just nuts! But this? One gear, one character and one "story".

Turfster

SiN Gold also comes with the expansion pack, which some people prefer to the main campaign, as well as some feelies. So it's not cut-and-dry that one should always get Emergence for the original.

Enjoy! It's a helluva lot better than Infiniminer.

Well yeah, but if you bought the original together with emergence for a couple of bucks, and they then asked 10$ for the Gold, they probably expect people to think twice.

This is all just pure speculation, of course.
Maybe MumboJumbo finally forgot they got all SiN:E together with the rest of Ritual's games when they bought them right after it was released.

Shadownet

Banned
well I think my girlfriend and I just ended things. I think...

I'm all yours Summer Sale. take my sadness away. Give me some good deals.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I'm really salty that I agreed to pay 1tf2 key for Valiant Hearts. Not that it wasn't a steal, it just doesn't sit well with me that some highballing Russian assholes made so much money on Ubisoft's back

should I get Mars War Logs or Of Orcs and Men? Orcs are more expensive, but they're both already at 75% off, and the trailer from Orcs interest me more than Mars so far.

suggestion?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really salty that I agreed to pay 1tf2 key for Valiant Hearts. Not that it wasn't a steal, it just doesn't sit well with me that some highballing Russian assholes made so much money on Ubisoft's back

Oh yeah, this'll go over well.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
man how do you people even keep up with these threads they move so fast lol.

Unless I'm involved with a discussion and wish to follow it directly. I just open a new tab to the latest page and read as normal from there, while skimming through where I left off in the other just glancing for anything of note to respond to or remember for myself.

That and ignore all the random gifs people post. Which really are silly, it's not like this is PopGAF or WrassleGAF.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
MrTeachwell: PM me your steam ID. One of the games I choose from speevy will be from your wish list and gifted to you.

Another night of dreaming of good deals and dreading the work day to come. Not all of us get to try using videogames to educate the next generation for a living. ;)

Good night!

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
well I think my girlfriend and I just ended things. I think...

I'm all yours Summer Sale. take my sadness away. Give me some good deals.

Bummer. This is third breakup post I've seen in these threads since the sale started. Why you gotta do us like that Gaben?

Colby

giphy.gif

This is so random, but I'm playing a Quiz RPG game on my phone while browsing the thread, and right as I got to this post, a question about the villain of Austin Powers came up. I shit you not. I wish the NSA was recording my life at the moment so everyone could see how gloriously random life is sometimes.

Also, congrats on your win!

$15

it's not out anywhere except for kickstarter backers

game is 60fps on 3DS with 3D all the way on you CHUMP *glasses*

Did you back it?

Yeah and it is not like the DLC looks super great. Not that much and not that special. If Magicka had a "Check out the DLC" I would understand it. Ton of DLC and Vietnam with mages is just nuts! But this? One gear, one character and one "story".

I just want the added character because she has a flamethrower, which is one of my favorite weapon ever (if it's well implemented in game, at least). I'd buy it if there were even a 33% discount on it, but there's no incentive to buy it when it's the same price it always is.

It's very bad.

That's what JShackles said after he bought it in a weekly for <$5. Steered clear of it myself until I got it in some bundle.

Well yeah, but if you bought the original together with emergence for a couple of bucks, and they then asked 10$ for the Gold, they probably expect people to think twice.

This is all just pure speculation, of course.
Maybe MumboJumbo finally forgot they got all SiN:E together with the rest of Ritual's games when they bought them right after it was released.
Gold's already going for cheap on GOG due to low demand (even the members there generally don't know what to expect from the game or simply say it was buggy and assume it still is). MJ might as well face this fact and propagate their install base instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom