• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shocks me that 7 people entered for Bad Rats. You'd think everyone would have it at this point. You'd think with its reputation no one would want it. Is it like a SteamGAF rite of passage to win one from the giveaways? What a crazy world we live in...

I entered into that giveaway

Ventara

Great games for under a $1 giveaway

AWWW YES!! MB is mine! If it isn't better that God of War, I will be SEVERELY DISAPPOINTED in whoever made that thread saying it was.

And thanks nbnt! I've run of out children to name after you, but if you're fine with a goldfish, consider it done.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm still utterly baffled at this valiant hearts thing.

It's like when metro last light was a penny on best buy online. People were crying how 4agames was losing money with every sale at that price. I thought people were joking at first but people really were serious. If a store fucks up a price of a product, the store eats the error. Unless ubi put 20 cents for valiant hearts, then valve is paying the loss.

this is correct. the fault is on valve, they are paying the difference. ubi and the devs get the same money

you could then argue "well poor valve then", but im sure theyll be fine :p

and I dont think 1 key is scalping (even if it was 15cents and the key is 2 bucks), i mean TF2 keys are basically currency these days, so 1 key is as low as you can go, currency wise. more than that sucks tho

It shocks me that 7 people entered for Bad Rats. You'd think everyone would have it at this point. You'd think with its reputation no one would want it. Is it like a SteamGAF rite of passage to win one from the giveaways? What a crazy world we live in...

I was about to enter, but then I realized the huge mistake I would be making so I refrained.

Hugstable

Banned
about time for Baldurs Gate 2 to be a daily I think, since it lost the vote like on day 2

Hell yeah, if they drop it to 7.50, I would jump on it hella fast. Never played the classic but I played the first Enhanced Edition on my Ipad last year and I actually really enjoyed it.

iosefe

13 entered for Marlow Briggs.
AWWW YES!! MB is mine! If it isn't better that God of War, I will be SEVERELY DISAPPOINTED in whoever made that thread saying it was.

And thanks nbnt! I've run of out children to name after you, but if you're fine with a goldfish, consider it done.
You have chosen...wisely

Tellaerin

Hello, folks. Can't believe we managed to close out the old thread in the few hours I was out. Did I miss anything interesting?

Voted FPS - Competitive, which means it has a snowball's chance in hell of actually winning. Still, as an oldschool FPS fan, my duty is clear.

Buy more. This will solve everything.

You wouldn't happen to be an economist, by any chance? >.>

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I have Bad Rats, Ride to Hell and Secret of the Magic Crystals. The holiest of trinities

Hugstable

Banned

lol I still don't have Bad Rats yet either, but still the presence of Marlow Briggs pulled me over into putting my raffle try for that one instead. Oh Bad Rats.

Kadin

I find grid view to be completely useless for navigating. List works much better. Lemme guess grid view people, you use icon view in windows folders too???
I'd prefer to view my library in grid view but I don't like how long it takes to load the icons so list view is really the only good way to do it. And yeah, icons in Windows folders is pretty unpleasant as well for mostly the same reason.

Shadownet

Banned
I find grid view to be completely useless for navigating. List works much better. Lemme guess grid view people, you use icon view in windows folders too???

Can't hurt to try it out a bit.

And yeah I like list view better. :) grid view doesn't show your uninstall games.

Kaleinc

Banned
No, grid view is useful because volvo doesn't allow basic customization and there are some things in list view I don't want to see.

Yakkue

. Unless ubi put 20 cents for valiant hearts, then valve is paying the loss.

But aren't the sale prices set by the publisher?
BazPkxO.png

AsylumX

I haven't looked at the scoreboard all day, that red tide is unstoppable. On the bright side, pink is second... YAY!!!

I don't know why but Natalie Dormer is so hot right now.

Games of Thrones... maybe... and Hunger Games too...

Off-topic: A little bit off-topic but it's becoming really hard to get them. Anyone here has Full Bore and wants to trade cards???

_hekk05

Banned
I still don't have bad rats since I haven't won a rats giveaway yet.

Winning bad rats is like getting Gaf Gold, but with more prestige

TaroYamada

That deal on CS:GO seems kind of poor, it hit $3.74 before this sale so to have $7.49 as a headliner is a disappointment. I was planning to buy it if it hit $3 again, thanks for ruining my plan, Gabe.

maneil99

That deal on CS:GO seems kind of poor, it hit $3.74 before this sale so to have $7.49 as a headliner is a disappointment. I was planning to buy it if it hit $3 again, thanks for ruining my plan, Gabe.

Less hackers. They could afford double the copies if it were 3.49. Game has enough hackers and smurfs as it is

Rhaknar

I'm very disappointed by the lack of gifs in this new thread. Going back to the old one, brb.

dont start :p besides, you cant recreate magic ;_;

we'll always have June 25th

0OoO0

Can someone do me a big favour and buy Gone Home for me? I am in France at the moment and I have troubles paying using Paypal as payment in Steam. It says the address does not match. Of course I will pay you back the full amount using paypal.

Less hackers. They could afford double the copies if it were 3.49. Game has enough hackers and smurfs as it is
Yup, this. The number of hackers and smurf accounts after the Winter sale was absolutely ridiculous. This won't keep them all away, but it'll cut it down significantly.

Besides, I only bought the game in January for 7.50 off of a trader, but I've made over $30 selling cases... The game pays for itself for the most part.

Rhaknar

im sorry... but whats a Smurf in CSGO? besides of course, this

Male_Smurf_Comic_Book.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom