• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

last call
DRxKU3G.png

Introducing the Why didn't you buy these games when they were on sale ya dingus; or, the 2nd chance raffle!

The people winning this games clearly don't deserve them!

hohoXD123

Yeah, it's difficult to play games when you're occupied with buying them :(

What is this, the Rat police?

YOU CANT TALK THE WHOLE DAY
believe me, you won't.

Hey guys, did you hear about that awesome game called Metal Gear Rising? Would be such a shame to not experience it.

Question about Civ 5, I only bought the base game when it was a daily the other day; should I pick up the DLC too? Or will the base game be enough for me to enjoy my first experience with a Civ game?

Brave New World is worth it, but if it's your first time with any Civ there is enough in the base game for you to sink your teeth into

dot

Some good ish in there.

IT'S HERE. <3

Wow nice givewaya dot.
p0QHO.gif

Now to go play some of the games heh

Thank you! Definitely worth the weight

Great, great giveaway! :D

Thanks everyone! Didn't think people would find it that good.

People complaining about the sales need to get into the key market, makes up for it :p

Also, Dot the new Aguirre? lol

That name sounds familiar.

Dot, Tomb Raider wasn't even in your sell.

I'm going back to sleep or staying up I don't know right now.

D: I had to pick only 2 $5 games...I thought you already had it?

KJ869

Any of the DLC for Civilization V worth the money? Won a copy from a giveaway earlier (thanks again Instro!) And was wondering if the DLC was worth it enough and changes the game or adds a good amount of content. I'm down to probably get 1 DLC now and another at a later time during another sale or something.

All of them are good changes. I would recomend brave new world first if you dont have special place for religions in your heart.

Kanokare

I don't know why, but this artwork pushed me over the edge to get Abyss Odyssey:

capsule_231x87.jpg

I reaalllly want that for some reason. I think it's because it reminds me of Dragon's Crown. I'll see as the release comes closer next month.

I'm not banned yet! I've made $3 from selling trading cards since my last post, and there's still more to come. Probably peanuts to the TF2 people but it can take a chunk off Metal Gear.

Nice! Game is really good from what I've played. A better DMC with over the top action. And dat music track.

Videospel

I suddenly got an urge to play something like Freelancer, where you travel around more or less freely, doing missions, buying/selling stuff and getting upgrades. Doesn't have to be in space, but preferably on sale. Any recommendations?
Also, does this genre have a name?

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Screw it, one more just for fun.. this finishes up the last of my 'free' money from selling my earbuds and bill's hat earlier in the week to fund my sale purchases...

The following is one of these games.. it is a mystery to all but me and modbot as to which it actually is:

Tomb Raider
The Stanley Parable
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Bioshock Infinite

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game -- MB-5E4AC3F964612A96 - Taken by thereisnoif. 50 entrants total.

t1404087341z1.png

Also, feel free to add me to steam, just tell me who you are when you add me so I can tag you accordingly.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/superdeanio/

I reaalllly want that for some reason. I think it's because it reminds me of Dragon's Crown. I'll see as the release comes closer next month.

Reminds me of Cadash -- I wasn't interested until the video started showing the monk (I think)... then it was added to my wishlist pretty hard. Unsure whether or not I'm going to bite now or wait a little bit for the game to release and get impressions.

last call
DRxKU3G.png

Introducing the Why didn't you buy these games when they were on sale ya dingus; or, the 2nd chance raffle!

wtf!? modbot cheated me out my win man! I signed up for risk of rain, how can there only be 1 participant?!(yes, I have given out a game through modbot) :( why do you hate me modbot? well saltiness aside, congrats to the winners

biocat

I really want Shovel Knight. I backed it but went WiiU thinking I might get one... Still no WiiU.

I sold off the WiiU version at a bit of a discount but didn't realize the Steam version was $15.

Every backer email I get is like a punch in the stomach.

Strider

It was only $1 so if I didn't like it it wouldn't matter too much but damn I'm glad I got Awesomenauts. Game is fun as hell. I was looking for a more casual moba since the hyper competitiveness of dota was getting old and this game delivers.

Ventara

Go home Modbot, you're drunk.

wtf!? modbot cheated me out my win man! I signed up for risk of rain, how can there only be 1 participant?!(yes, I have given out a game through modbot) :( why do you hate me modbot? well saltiness aside, congrats to the winners

What are you guys seeing? I was refreshing the page since it finished to see if I won and it always showed 40 entrants. At least for me.

weird, i'm seeing this:

Risk of Rain -- MB-38274AAE14C871F1 - Taken by C4rter. 40 entrants total.

but the giveaway receipt says:

Cyberquake claimed your Risk of Rain key. There were 1 entrants.

I suddenly got an urge to play something like Freelancer, where you travel around more or less freely, doing missions, buying/selling stuff and getting upgrades. Doesn't have to be in space, but preferably on sale. Any recommendations?
Also, does this genre have a name?

I dunno, Elite-like maybe? If that isn't the name of the genre, it should be. Or Elike for short.

Darkstar One (it's in a bundle with some other stuff for $1.XX on Steam) and Wing Commander: Privateer (only on GOG, kinda old) jump to mind.

Nabs

SteamWorld Dig was a pretty good 4 hour game. It's definitely worth knocking off your backlog if you snatched it up.

eek5

ModBot said:
Instructions for eek5:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Just Cause 2 -- MB-1645320C8A89DA07 - Taken by RelentlessRolento. 9 entrants total.

t1404087611z1.png

payin it forward :)

pahamrick

What are you guys seeing? I was refreshing the page since it finished to see if I won and it always showed 40 entrants. At least for me.
It only showed 1 entrant for me.
Everyone else was blacklisted =P
Curses! Foiled again!

weird, i'm seeing this:

Yeah, something went weird somewhere.

Kanokare

Love the last boss theme the most. Won't link it though cause it's best first heard in the fight :p

Reminds me of Cadash -- I wasn't interested until the video started showing the monk (I think)... then it was added to my wishlist pretty hard. Unsure whether or not I'm going to bite now or wait a little bit for the game to release and get impressions.

Never heard of the game. Looked it up and it's pretty old right? I think the reason I love this genre so much is because of Wizards and Warriors 3 on NES, where it all began...

Chariot

I'll talk about MGR all day. RULES OF NATURE!

Hey guys, did you hear about that awesome game called Metal Gear Rising? Would be such a shame to not experience it.

The gentle cruelty of GAF ;___;
Luckily I cant watch youtue right now.

weird, i'm seeing this:

Well, "claim" and "taken" are two different things. Maybe C4rter whacked Cyberquake drom behind and took his game and his lunchmoney while 38 people watched.

Papers Please -Taken by derbene. 51 entrants total.
Risk of Rain- Taken by Cyberquake. 1 entrants total.
Long Live the Queen- Taken by ViviOggi. 60 entrants total.

weird, i'm seeing this:

well if 40 people entered thats a different story, but I know for a fact I entered it so there should definitely be more than 1 participant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom