• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

It only showed 1 entrant for me.

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah, something went weird somewhere.

Papers Please -Taken by derbene. 51 entrants total.
Risk of Rain- Taken by Cyberquake. 1 entrants total.
Long Live the Queen- Taken by ViviOggi. 60 entrants total.

well if 40 people entered thats a different story, but I know for a fact I entered it so there should definitely be more than 1 participant

That's weird. Is it still showing 1 entrant for you guys? That would be really strange if a single post is showing up differently for different users.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I don't know why, but this artwork pushed me over the edge to get Abyss Odyssey:

capsule_231x87.jpg

Dude, that looks like a Metroidvania!

Beelzebubs

Papers Please -Taken by derbene. 51 entrants total.
Risk of Rain- Taken by Cyberquake. 1 entrants total.
Long Live the Queen- Taken by ViviOggi. 60 entrants total.

well if 40 people entered thats a different story, but I know for a fact I entered it so there should definitely be more than 1 participant

I entered for Risk of Rain as well but it shows for me:

Risk of Rain -- MB-38274AAE14C871F1 - Taken by C4rter. 40 entrants total.

Teknoman

Ok, i've decided to go a different route, just grab super cheap games i've been eyeing for awhile.

So far i've got State of Decay and Half Minute Hero in my cart...how is Shadowrun Returns?

Tizoc

Ok, i've decided to go a different route, just grab super cheap games i've been eyeing for awhile.

So far i've got State of Decay and Half Minute Hero in my cart...how is Shadowrun Returns?

It's DLC is longer, and overall you should get base game+Dragonfall dlc.
Get Marlow Briggs too if you haven't already.

Starting to worry I might have been taken for a run for the first time. Paid for a game in keys about an hour ago, still don't have it. Guy has a lot of feedback so I'm hoping for the best but we will see :/

Damage Report!

Not bad at all but I'm sure most of us were expecting better offers overall. I wanted to get Wolfenstein but Dark Souls II will get all my attention and gaming time :)

Received from Giveaways:

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946
Orcs Must Die + Artifacts of Power and Lost Adventures Retail
Adventures of Shuggy
Natural Selection II
Frozen Synapse

Gave away:

Monaco
Crysis 2
Dead Space
Mirror's Edge
Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box

Redeemed from old Humble Bundles and Amazon purchases:

Deadlight
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Iron Brigade Retail
Mark of the Ninja
Toy Soldiers
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
Mirror's Edge
Medal of Honor
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Dead Space
Oil Rush Bundle
Intrusion 2
English Country Tune
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
Proteus
Awesomenauts
Little Inferno
Thomas Was Alone
Capsized Retail
Dear Esther
Offspring Fling
The Basement Collection
Legend of Grimrock
Snapshot
Shank 2
Indie Game: The Movie
Closure

Haul:

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
Marlow Briggs
Dark Souls II
Hard Reset: Extended Edition
Defy Gravity
Ikaruga
Outlast DLC
Killing Floor

Total: $50.48

Stop talking about MGR or I might be tempted to buy it. My backlog already wants to kill me.

I was fighting a pair of the raptor robot enemies while going for some spare achievements. As I ran toward it, I noticed its little hop-and-turn animation, indicating it was about to fire missiles at me. I usually get hit by this either because I'm busy with another raptor or I just get caught off guard.

This time, however, I initiated a slide kick while entering blade mode just as the raptor launched its missiles. I sliced the missiles as they passed just above me, all the while sliding toward the raptor.

Let me reiterate: I sent my cyborg ninja-body sliding along the ground toward a missile firing, machine gun-toting, blade-footed robot velociraptor while it fired it's missile barrage just above me. I then, in slow-motion, sliced said missiles to pieces with my electrified, high frequency electron-having katana.

None of that was part of a QTE or cutscene. It wasn't automated at all. It just happened and blew me the fuck away.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Starting to worry I might have been taken for a run for the first time. Paid for a game in keys about an hour ago, still don't have it. Guy has a lot of feedback so I'm hoping for the best but we will see :/

Is he giving you a key or what? I try to make it a rule only to deal in tradeables.

When these sales go on for so long it's odd when they're done. It's nice to not have that constant timer for the next sale and vote. But there's also the end of the excitement before new sales pop up.

As rigged as it was at times the meta game was one of the better ideas they've had. The best since the holiday sale with custom holiday achievements.

Umi88

reminder/repost of my One Way Heroics giveaway, <10min left:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Umi88:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

One Way Heroics -- MB-FF6C43B16FB668F8 - Taken by PaulExcellent. 20 entrants total.

t1404088362z1.png

Nymphae

Banned
So I reached level 8 today, and had voted somewhere around 20 times. I was expecting my cards today that it told me were stock piling, is there a delay on that shit or something?

Beelzebubs

People aren't at their keyboards 24 hours a day, just give it some time before worrying properly.

hohoXD123

Are you sure that you were dealing with the same guy and not an imposter? There seems to be a lot of them running around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom