• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

It looked really cool. Damn that reminds me about those Astebreed and Crimzon Clover. Hmm Far Cry 3 and Civ 5 Brave New World might have to wait. I saw Astebreed when searching for Shmup, and it has over 90 metacritic. Is this game really as good as that metacritic score states? Cause it looks like a really badass mech game!

it's pretty fun but i haven't really figured out all the mechanics yet. hard to dodge some enemy attacks. i was just testing the game out. it actually has a story and full JPN VO so that was surprising. def worth getting, imo

One game every 15 minutes or so.

- Cogs
- Dungeon Defenders + All DLC
- Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery
- Splice
- Crayon Physics Deluxe
- Organ Trail: Director's Cut
- Broken Sword: Director's Cut
- Anomaly Korea
- Serious Sam 3: BFE
- Little Inferno
- Solar 2

Wich one is next?

MikeDown

Banned
went back to see what games i need to finish....went back with skyrim...i think i know why i can't even start the game..been modding wayyyyy too much lmao

i think she looks good ;_;

13679438344_0ac1bc7abb_c.jpg
could never get my character to look that good! nice job!

One game every 15 minute or so.

- Cogs
- Splice
- Crayon Physics Deluxe
- Anomaly Korea
- Little Inferno
- Solar 2

Wich one is next?

Starting to play the 1st Encounter and Serious Sam 3 sounds tempting, but I wouldn't get to it for a while, so IDK. Awfully generous of you

UncleBiz

Not sure if the humble keys will work, hopefully they do ;_; sorry if you win a game and can't actually.. get it

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-1187C43796C82B55
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-31AD6059A33886B5 - Taken by Anustart. 8 entrants total.
Titan Quest -- MB-D219F77791A05AAA - Taken by Seraphis Cain. 4 entrants total.
Fez -- MB-99F2D65E7B29256D - Taken by Lazulic. 4 entrants total.
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-E660DA57E28B8496

t1404092866z1.png

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Ok, so thereisnois won my last giveaway for this but he already had the game.. so he graciously declined it and now it's being re-given away... good luck everyone!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition -- MB-90D78F1E2E30DFB5 - Taken by KillerDark. 13 entrants total.

t1404092940z1.png

Here we go again

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE -- MB-C7107026438639A5 - Taken by Zero-Crescent

Addendum
Modbot didn't provide a countdown, so take this rough one.
t1404102300z1.png

EDIT: Seem to have created a trio of giveaways.

EDIT2: Shit, I botched it. Sorry for the misleading guys, thought it was a raffle.

ImSooFlye

One game every 15 minute or so.

- Cogs
- Splice
- Crayon Physics Deluxe
- Anomaly Korea
- Little Inferno
- Solar 2

Wich one is next?

I wanna try to win SS3:)

So now that the sale is pretty much done, the games have been purchased, the kids have been put to bed... I stare at my list of games acquired during and before the sale and think to myself "So now what?"

Atilac

One game every 15 minutes or so.

- Cogs
- Splice
- Crayon Physics Deluxe
- Anomaly Korea
- Little Inferno
- Solar 2

Wich one is next?
organ trail?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Does anyone have "PINK Team Montaintop" and is willing to trade? I have:

GREEN Team Victory
BLUE Team Montaintop
PURPLE Team Montaintop
RED Team Montaintop

http://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=7347466&token=VLc84aEM

Honestly, if you sell one of the ones that you have and buy PINK Team Mountaintop, it's going to cost you 2 cents. And there are so many of them on the market, they'll never run out, so it's not like if you can't get it right now, you're going to be burned or whatever.

So now that the sale is pretty much done, the games have been purchased, the kids have been put to bed... I stare at my list of games acquired during and before the sale and think to myself "So now what?"

I have been asking myself the same thing after every sale for years.

It never goes away....ever.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

You look at your library in grid view. Just make sure not to accidentally run the games.

tmarques

Deadly Premonition dropped a foil and I was excited until I saw no one seems to be buying them. Do I take whatever I can now or list it and forget about it?

Dambrosi

Banned
It looked really cool. Damn that reminds me about those Astebreed and Crimzon Clover. Hmm Far Cry 3 and Civ 5 Brave New World might have to wait. I saw Astebreed when searching for Shmup, and it has over 90 metacritic. Is this game really as good as that metacritic score states? Cause it looks like a really badass mech game!
it's the closest thing to a Zone Of The Enders 3 we'll ever get <:(

What is the best fighting game on Steam? A good single player campaign is a bonus.
I'd personally say The King Of Fighters XIII or Skullgirls, but only because Virtua Fighter 5 Final Evolution isn't on PC.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Your steam page -> Badges -> Steam Summer Adventure 2014 -> How do I earn card drops?

A friendly word of warning: Whatever number you see looking at that page, no one except you cares unless it's over, say, $5,000. So posting what you spent is the exact opposite of what anyone else in the thread cares about. If you literally just posted a tumbleweed animated gif, that would be ten times infinity times more interesting than posting that you spent $100-200. You are at risk of literally murdering people out of boredom if you post it. Beware.
Such a good warning that was thoroughly ignored :(

So how many new members to SteamGAF will be sticking around when we go back to a regular thread? Saw a lot of new faces this sale.
Probably a few will stick, and some of us will return!

im still salty at bathesda not giving brigmore witches 75%...again
That's their MO, they did the same with FNV, Skyrim, etc. More extreme was when F3 GOTY was released and the individual DLCs were removed for a while IIRC.

stick it to the man and teslagrad never won or repeated

sad sales
Don't remind me :(

Truth. Just make sure you watch your landing.

iO860RbrmTgEY.gif
#dead

Definitely but if he's wanting Story than looks like only MK9 and Injustice fit that bill.
Well I guess you could say Blazblue to but not sure about that port.
Injustice single-player story is quite short, MK9's is longer. SSFIVAE does have trials and stuff like that in the same vein those 2 have though, and is a better game to boot.

iosefe

Indignate

I dont play games liek this, but is it worth it? Heard auto saving was horrible.

You can now save wherever and whenever you want (actually, maybe not during fights, I'm not recalling right now). They patched it because of the complaints.

If played X-Com and didn't like it, it's basically that style of gameplay, but it does have somewhat interesting cyberpunkish story.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Offtopic question; I'm trying to fix my hosts.txt file on Windows 8, but I can't see the option to run Wordpad as Admin. Can anyone help?

I'm no longer running Win8.1 myself, but "Run as administrator" should be on of the options when right-clicking regardless of whether you're using desktop view or Metro. Are you sure your user account is an admin account? You can also try running Notepad as an admin as opposed to Wordpad.

Agraavan

Honestly, if you sell one of the ones that you have and buy PINK Team Mountaintop, it's going to cost you 2 cents. And there are so many of them on the market, they'll never run out, so it's not like if you can't get it right now, you're going to be burned or whatever.

I actually forgot that wallpapers could be bought at the market. Thanks, just did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom