• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here I get second thoughts about getting Dynasty Warriors 8 on PC vs the PS4 version despite the sale-price... if there wouldn't be a sale I would probably opt for PS4 but with the sale... #randomproblems :p

wilflare

And here I get second thoughts about getting Dynasty Warriors 8 on PC vs the PS4 version despite the sale-price... if there wouldn't be a sale I would probably opt for PS4 but with the sale... #randomproblems :p

hmm if there's a PS4 sale... i would get that :/
for the Share features and all that jazz

Lost Izalith was really the only area I felt was noticeably worse than the others. Its just bizarrely shitty and rushed compared to everything else.

The nature of some of the challenges afterwards are quite a bit different in comparison to what came before (spoilers for the entire game):

You've the invisible walkways in Crystal Caverns, the total darkness of the Tomb of the Giants, Lost Izalith as you've mentioned, and the ghosts in New Londo Ruins. Lost Izalith really is the only clearly rushed and poor segment as you say, but there is a greater level of potential 'unfairness' in the challenge that is being presented prior to Anor Londo and after, combined with somewhat uninteresting level design (even if fitting) and enemy placement. Of the four, the walkways and Lost Izalith I would certainly consider the most stark drop in quality and imagination, with the other two an interesting alteration of the game design.
I definitely don't think any of it would put somebody off the game completely if they'd been enjoying it up to that point.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh yeah, that's right

Is there a special command to make the giveaway with multiple prize, like to not give all to the same person by accident?

You don't need to worry about that. Just remember to list the games separately when creating the giveaway.

tylerf

As I sat there unable to make up my mind on how to spend the rest of my credit, I figured it might as well just do a giveaway.

ModBot said:
Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ikaruga -- MB-4F65EB9DBC1BF05A - Taken by famfrit

t1404102917z1.png

Majukun

Oh yeah, that's right

Is there a special command to make the giveaway with multiple prize, like to not give all to the same person by accident?
if you don't make the giveaway a free for all a single user can only enter for one game if i remember correctly..also usually modbot itself doesn't allow a single user to win multiple games in the same giveaway

as far as commands go

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641

Shovel Knight is a great splurge.

I had to put my dog down this weekend. I buried myself in that game.

It reminded me of things. But that doesn't
matter to you. Get it if you like that warm feeling when you need that warm feeling.

And now the summer sale is ending. I've had enough of the feeling of endings...

Seaklng

Banned
NBNT YOU LITTLE DEVIL. HOLY SHIT. I THINK I DIED OK
I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH. HOW CAN I EVER REPAY YOU
9Q3Wc.jpg

omsj.gif

ARE... ARE YOU GOD?
I SERIOUSLY CANNOT BE AWAKE RIGHT NOW...
OH MY GOD.
#ded

Cody_D165

Banned

matter to you. Get it if you like that warm feeling when you need that warm feeling.

Sorry to hear :(

So sorry to hear that. :(

Pachimari

Why am I getting this message when I try pay with my Steam wallet?

For the protection of the account holder, this purchase has been declined. Further purchasing will be temporarily limited.

Any way I can make it accept my payment?

Or should I just wait it out a bit?

Here we go again

EDIT: Seem to have created a trio of giveaways.

EDIT2: Shit, I botched it. Sorry for the misleading guys, thought it was a raffle.

Thanks, though as I said in the PM I'll leave this decision up to you. If you'd prefer to let me have it, that's fine, but if you'd prefer to re-run the giveaway as a raffle, I'll respect your decision and not redeem it.

EDIT: Thank you very much for letting me keep it, ANuclearError! And good luck to all those entering the next raffle!

OK people, we're doing it again. This time, it is an actual raffle. I fucked up by not including the raffle option the previous time and not realising it is not the default, I am sorry.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE -- MB-F438BA4EA6E722BC - Taken by Relaxed Muscle. 91 entrants total.

t1404103455z1.png

9Q3Wc.jpg

omsj.gif

ARE... ARE YOU GOD?
OH MY GOD.
#ded

Suddenly it makes sense. Nbnt is a witcher and has slain the monster Gaben and taken all his keys!

LiK

9Q3Wc.jpg

omsj.gif

ARE... ARE YOU GOD?
OH MY GOD.
#ded

dayam, i'm jelly. how i do get in on this gifting action?

dot

ARE... ARE YOU GOD?
OH MY GOD.
#ded

9xpFXci.gif

Everyone should just buy nbnt something lol. I'm pretty sure this guy dropped 1000+ bucks in the past day.

it's the closest thing to a Zone Of The Enders 3 we'll ever get <:(

I'd personally say The King Of Fighters XIII or Skullgirls, but only because Virtua Fighter 5 Final Evolution isn't on PC.

checked out the page because of the bold and yea i can see it.

might have to look out for this game on a next steam sale.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
9Q3Wc.jpg

omsj.gif

ARE... ARE YOU GOD?
OH MY GOD.
#ded
That is extremely cool, props!

Yrael

9Q3Wc.jpg

omsj.gif

ARE... ARE YOU GOD?
OH MY GOD.
#ded

Wow, that is amazingly generous. :)

I've decided not to buy anything else today - I have a grand total of 13 dollars left in my bank account. xD I think I'd better save that! Heh, there's always the next sale.

yami4ct

Man, NBNT seems like the greatest Gaffer around. Nice to see such generosity around here, given all the hostility seems to pop up (Gaf in general, SteamGaf is awesome)

DrEvil

not a medical professional
^^^^ I was on blue, too lol.

If anyone is looking to do some last-minute giveaways, someone should do a giveaway for the burnout ultimate box.. yes they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom