• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enco

P6TOKOX.png

An crazy bad crime has been committed. Someone killed the Bad Rats. Although annoying, no one deserves to die at the hands of a 'vigilante'. There are currently 3 suspects. You're the chief detective and it's up to you to pick who you think is suspect. Good luck.

3 different games. All hinted at by the title. I think all the games are pretty good. Good luck guys. I would have liked to do a big giveaway like some others in here but this is the best I have right now! If anything is messed up, let me know. Going to bed soon so I'll sort out any issues tomorrow evening (UK time).
Just saw a pm from derexperte saying that they already had Dishonored.

So not sure how it works but maybe the key will work again if you pm modbot and try claim it?

If that doesn't work, I'll try sort a quick 15 min raffle in the evening.

Hugstable

Banned
Astebreed is a very pretty game

It looked really cool. Damn that reminds me about those Astebreed and Crimzon Clover. Hmm Far Cry 3 and Civ 5 Brave New World might have to wait. I saw Astebreed when searching for Shmup, and it has over 90 metacritic. Is this game really as good as that metacritic score states? Cause it looks like a really badass mech game!

Ozium

I had a couple of dollars left in my steam wallet, so here is one last giveaway from me before the sale ends! It's not much, but hopefully someone out there will give it a good home.

great game, whoever wins it will be sucked into it every time they load it up

Bulletstorm has the single greatest sniper rifle out of any first person shooter ever. If its future wasn't up in the air because of GFWL, I would totally recommend people buying it even though it's only 50% off buuuuuut I can't because GFWL is an issue and neither EA nor Epic have stated anything concrete about patching in the ability to play Bulletstorm offline or patching GFWL out.

Jawmuncher

Was able to play a few Merc Matches with Soma in RE6.
Was a lot of fun even though I wasn't doing to well. I'm definitely very rusty at the game having not played it to seriously in awhile.

derExperte

Just saw a pm from derexperte saying that they already had Dishonored.

So not sure how it works but maybe the key will work again if you pm modbot and try claim it?

If that doesn't work, I'll try sort a quick 15 min raffle in the evening.

If you posted a key, someone took it, but they realized they didn't want it and asked you to repost it:
- Make sure they did not use the key
- Send a PM to ModBot. The title should contain the word nuke. The body should contain, one per line, Steam Keys you wish to unclaim. Not ModBot keys, Steam keys. Not more than one per line. No game titles. Just the keys.

And thx again for the cool giveaway. :)

went back to see what games i need to finish....went back with skyrim...i think i know why i can't even start the game..been modding wayyyyy too much lmao

i think she looks good ;_;

13679438344_0ac1bc7abb_c.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Out of curiosity, where do you feel DS1's quality drops off? I'm at Anor Londo right now.

Awesome. I bought it for the 33$ like halfway through the sale, couldn't stand waiting any longer. Just reached Anor Londo this morning during my first playthrough of Dark Souls.

There is still awesome stuff after Anor Londo, but Lost Izalith comes soon which is a terribly lazy area with the worst boss in the game, and recycled bosses throughout. Then the final area is pretty lazy as well, though it does look pretty cool.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
What is the best fighting game on Steam? A good single player campaign is a bonus.

Out of curiosity, where do you feel DS1's quality drops off? I'm at Anor Londo right now.

Unfortunately Anor Londo is typically considered the final area (ignoring some of the optional content which may still be incomplete [EDIT: The DLC not included either] and can be tackled following the area if this is the case) before the quality drops. The bottom of this quality-pit will be quite clear to you when the Lost cause reveals itself.

It should be noted that the DLC helps sustain the quality quite a bit longer as it, overall, is particularly strong, but the final few areas iin the main game are, unfortunately, a considerable step-down either in the type of challenge they pose, level design, and/or enemy design.

EDIT: That isn't to say the later areas are bad, it's just that the initial, and optional, areas in the game are of a higher quality than the later (for reasons I can't really go into given your position in the game).

Dryk

You know what, screw it. I'm never going to get rid of these gift copies any other way.

Does anyone want:
Edge <- My pick
Rush
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
And Yet It Moves
Dejobaan Complete Pack <- My other pick
Swords and Soldiers
Toki Tori
Braid

Tellaerin

Was able to play a few Merc Matches with Soma in RE6.
Was a lot of fun even though I wasn't doing to well. I'm definitely very rusty at the game having not played it to seriously in awhile.

Dammit, that's what I was forgetting. The DLC for RE6. >_< Well, something to look forward to in the next sale, then (or use Playfire credit on if GMG runs a good sale before then). Is there any that should be skipped, or is all the DLC "must-have" stuff?

Ambition

You know what, screw it. I'm never going to get rid of these gift copies any other way.

Does anyone want:
Edge <- My pick
Rush
And Yet It Moves
Swords and Soldiers
Toki Tori
Braid

Braid pls, i've heard so many great things about it

Maddocks

That damn fallout new vegas, taunting me. I tried buying it last night, but for some reason it wouldn't go through. good thing because now its cheaper.

Good haul this year:
Dark Souls 2 + Season Pass
Dishonored GOTY
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate (had base, no DLC)
Skyrim DLC's (Same deal, bought legendary ed. for the DLC)
Bioshock Infinite + All DLC
Divinity DLC
Rogue Legacy
Inquistor
Long Live the Queen
Sleeping Dogs Complete

Was gonna bite on Crusader kings 2 complete and the Deus Ex Directors Cut (have regular HR and Missing link but wanna replay it soon) so I guess they'll be what I look out for this Christmas.

Cheers all.

I bought stuff, while I'm sure there will be a "Let's Play the games we got during the sale thread" in the near future and a damage thread, here are some very short impressions of the games I gotten a chance to play so far if you still have some budget left!

• Of Orcs and Men - Fantastic ARPG from those crazy frenchmen/women at Cyanide and Spiders. Great characters and surprisingly deep tactical combat. Really starting to become a fan of these houses.
  • One Way Heroics - Super cheap rogue-like RPG with some carry-over progression like Rogue Legacy. Definitely looks to have that same "Just one more try" about it.
  • Divinity: OS - Only played through the tutorial dungeon a couple of times with a couple of different builds, but might just be the spiritual successor to BG2. Well until Eternity comes out!
  • Grim Dawn - For an early access game, seems very polished already. Some textures are a little rough but looks great!
  • Castle Crashers - Beautiful graphics though probably more fun in co-op, 4 player.
  • Shadowrun Returns: Beautiful Turn based RPG. Great setting and I think I'm already halfway through the first campaign. Best portraits ever btw!
  • Bit.Trip.Flux - Rhythm based arkanoid clone. Looks great, not so sure about the mouse controls yet, I probably need to find the settings!

The ones that got away for various reason, not a big enough discount, ran out of budget etc... (There's always next sale! Halloween?)

• Consortium
  • Broken Edge
  • Ghostbusters
  • Broforce

Mulitple lists!
:p

Does anyone want:
Edge <- My pick
Rush
And Yet It Moves
Swords and Soldiers
Toki Tori
Braid

Dejobaan complete pack please
Edit-my steam name = Neogaf name. What's your Steam name on Steam I will be glad to friend you.

Jawmuncher

Dammit, that's what I was forgetting. The DLC for RE6. >_< Well, something to look forward to in the next sale, then (or use Playfire credit on if GMG runs a good sale before then). Is there any that should be skipped, or is all the DLC "must-have" stuff?

The only DLC worth getting is Onslaught. Which is basically a VS mercs mode.
Everything else is just MP modes that no one bothers with anymore.

Helmholtz

There is still awesome stuff after Anor Londo, but Lost Izalith comes soon which is a terribly lazy area with the worst boss in the game, and recycled bosses throughout. Then the final area is pretty lazy as well, though it does look pretty cool.

Unfortunately Anor Londo is typically considered the final area (ignoring some of the optional content which may still be incomplete [EDIT: The DLC not included either] and can be tackled following the area if this is the case) before the quality drops. The bottom of this quality-pit will be quite clear to you when the Lost cause reveals itself.

It should be noted that the DLC helps sustain the quality quite a bit longer as it, overall, is particularly strong, but the final few areas iin the main game are, unfortunately, a considerable step-down either in the type of challenge they pose, level design, and/or enemy design.

EDIT: That isn't to say the later areas are bad, it's just that the initial, and optional, areas in the game are of a higher quality than the later (for reasons I can't really go into given your position in the game).
What a bummer. Oh well, I'll at least finish Anor Londo and see if I want to stick with it after that.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Definitely but if he's wanting Story than looks like only MK9 and Injustice fit that bill.
Well I guess you could say Blazblue to but not sure about that port.

Blazblue port missing story and online :(. They ported the shit windows 8 version instead of the GFWL version sadly

Striek

Lost Izalith was really the only area I felt was noticeably worse than the others. Its just bizarrely shitty and rushed compared to everything else.

dot

#tb4l #ariana #juststeamthings #hailhydra #sanic

Here's the original comic that the banner came from. The super popular mega-hit Sonic Adventure 3: Sonic's Revengeance and the Gabe of Thrones.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

State of Decay -- MB-0F3BC754165F8CFD - Taken by demented
Electronic Super Joy -- MB-D5D7EA05C5583886 - Taken by Shadowplay1979
Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-B77556BF01648D1C - Taken by CreepingFear
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-EDB9052AF41BD823 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick
Final Slam 2 -- MB-6C0EE37368F5AEB3
Windforge -- MB-62F3DFF93F09A8EE - Taken by Casimir
Serious Sam 3 BFE (plus the BFE Bonus Pack) -- MB-44EBE444FB10F71F - Taken by Henry Swanson
The Last Remnant -- MB-176FAB3D078466B7 - Taken by ohblahitsme
Defy Gravity Extended -- MB-0BB9C4C7F9EABE05
LYNE -- MB-426F12D71A901597 - Taken by Arthos
Death Rally -- MB-E8D20D502A97133B - Taken by bobnowhere
Dead Pixels -- MB-09E7A70FB9C5BD2E
Marlow Briggs -- MB-AA6D7850B7965EAB - Taken by masterkajo
Critical Mass -- MB-B594338D059EFB27
One Way Heroics -- MB-736073A013E7C9FF - Taken by AsylumX
VVVVVV -- MB-8CAA1EE5BBA1F779
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae -- MB-1A7675D04B1633FB - Taken by LGom09
Card City Nights -- MB-4B99E3052BF43260 - Taken by someguyinahat
Just Cause 2 -- MB-06B886E283F9CE5A
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves -- MB-B294D7193DCC570D
La-Mulana -- MB-001933ABE9766434 - Taken by dorxan

t1404095632z1.png

wA0B4Lz.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for Jason Frost:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Limbo -- MB-BE2D9230A726DA4F - Taken by ItsGeeMcGee. 6 entrants total.

t1404092790z1.png

ImSooFlye

Good haul this year:
Dark Souls 2 + Season Pass
Dishonored GOTY
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate (had base, no DLC)
Skyrim DLC's (Same deal, bought legendary ed. for the DLC)
Bioshock Infinite + All DLC
Divinity DLC
Rogue Legacy
Inquistor
Long Live the Queen
Sleeping Dogs Complete

Was gonna bite on Crusader kings 2 complete and the Deus Ex Directors Cut (have regular HR and Missing link but wanna replay it soon) so I guess they'll be what I look out for this Christmas.

Cheers all.

When you bought skyrim legendary does add to base skyrim or do you have 2 seperate games.

Does any one have any memorable moments from the sale/threads?

First highlight, all the giveaways by Gafers (I entered specifically ones that had Bad Rat, managed to avoid it... am I lucky or am I cursed?) Special shout out to nbnt for State of Decay. Keep up the good work all you generous people.

My second highlight was the previous thread consisted basically of Games, Girls, Gabe and Gafers.

Third, just being around awesome people who like to game.

I hope to see you all in the future, one way or another.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/smashdude50/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom