• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

I wish I knew who half these people sending friend requests were. I feel like they never talk in this thread since their Steam name is super different from their GAF name.

I'm part of the problem.

BruteUA

Hey what is the cheapest Wolfenstein went on sale this time? I didn't want to drop $30 but someone told me I missed it on sale for $15.

They were shitting me right? I'd be pissed if I missed that. Plus you would think a ton of people would have bought it lol.

You should put on your armor and beat that liar over the head with a shovel.

Chucker

Hey what is the cheapest Wolfenstein went on sale this time? I didn't want to drop $30 but someone told me I missed it on sale for $15.

They were shitting me right? I'd be pissed if I missed that. Plus you would think a ton of people would have bought it lol.

Nah man, $30 Moon Nazi's was as good as it gets.

I wish I knew who half these people sending friend requests were. I feel like they never talk in this thread since their Steam name is super different from their GAF name.

I'm part of the problem.

I've had to put nicknames on them with their GAF names.

Yours included.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

I'm part of the problem.

I don't care, friends are friends! :D

I'm part of the problem.

I ended up changing my steam name to match my GAF account for exactly that reason.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I'm part of the problem.

I'm one of them too. My Steam profile link is in my GAF profile but I use different names pretty much everywhere.

yami4ct

I'm part of the problem.

The perks of having a dumb, esoteric username you came up with years and years ago. One name across the internet forever!

Umi88

yay, finally ended accepting all the friend request that i got... didnt expect that many people :p (got much space still for more friend request though)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It was ~$15... in Russia, but you didn't miss out as it's region-locked.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Not sure if he posted, but KillerDark Won the copy of Fallout New Vegas Ultimate edition from my last raffle.

dot

Good thing my username is very easy to remember (i hope) and the same on both. No confusion here!

#winning #juststeamthings #nbnttehgawd

wilflare

Oh that's the least of my concerns, I have AMDs equivalent to Shadowplay but I'm wonky about the DLC and online part :/

DLC and online part? - you mean on the PC or PS4?

I have an AMD GPU - what's the shadowplay you are referring to? GameDVR? the raptr client?

I kinda configured the share button on my DS4 to take screenshots in steam
what's left is a Streaming button configuration

guess i should hop on the giveaway wagon, so here's a key i've had laying around for a long time

sorry it isn't much

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The Grim Heaper, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-6C94F4D588099488 - Taken by firen. 23 entrants total.

t1404105165z1.png

Jawmuncher

The perks of having a dumb, esoteric username you came up with years and years ago. One name across the internet forever!

Jawmuncher has worked out so great for me all these years. To think I made it out of pure random when all the names I attempted for yahoo mail were revoked.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Ok, so I made a short raffle giveaway with 11 games at 9:58 PM and still no private message from ModBot...

What do I do now?

Send again, it'll regenerate, I don't think ModBot ever got your PM. It's possible you sent it just as ModBot periodically dumped his PMs (this has to happen since ModBot has gotten 150,000 PMs over its lifespan and obviously PM inboxes can't fit that many)--this is also a race condition, although a very very very short one. I have code to protect against it, but it's still possible within a window of a second or two every so many hours.

yami4ct

hey GAF, X-Com Enemy Unknown.

Worth it?

and which package should I buy?

Absolutely worth it. Just grabbed Enemy Within and I'm glad it gave me a reason to go back. One of the most fun strategy games around. Also, go for the pack with Enemy Within. It doesn't seem like that content changes much at first, but the stuff it does adjust gives a level of flexibility that really adds to the game. Love the gene mods and MEC troops.

Well, huh. Steam hasn't been letting me buy any games for the past four hours. Just keep getting:

An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed.
Please contact Steam Support.

Really big bummer for me right now. Was about to go in on the Double Dragon Neon two pack with a friend. He already gifted me something to cover his half of it, and now Steam isn't letting me buy anything through any payment methods whatsoever =/

It's not even hitching up at card entry. It's hitching up at the final step where you click "Purchase" =/

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
For those people giving away stuff and saying sorry for smaller games...

Don't say sorry! A gift is a gift.

The value is not the point. You being generous is.

Not everyone has extra cash so (IMO) every single giveaway whether it is $2 or $60 is worth celebrating :)

That is what makes Steam GAF rock!

Annoyingly, I'll probably be sleeping when my giveaways end, so it'll be fun to see how it ends up when I wake up. I think I spent a bit more on them than I should have, but it'll be worth it.

Speevy

Banned
I'm gonna have lots more giveaways going forward, but you can't get in on them unless I have you on my friends list.

So everyone add Speevy.

Absolutely worth it. Just grabbed Enemy Within and I'm glad it gave me a reason to go back. One of the most fun strategy games around. Also, go for the pack with Enemy Within. It doesn't seem like that content changes much at first, but the stuff it does adjust gives a level of flexibility that really adds to the game. Love the gene mods and MEC troops.

And don't forget the Long War mod.

http://www.nexusmods.com/xcom/mods/88/?

I was away from my PC all this week and missed out on nearly all the deals.

I'm really craving Sleeping Dogs collection now - there's no chance it goes lower than $20 for the next couple of months, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom