• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

nbnt!

Each and every image hosting service seems to be blocked here at work, so I ask you to use your imagination:

< insert Steam notification of nbnt's uber-generous gift-giving here >

I'm quite stunned to be on the receiving end of such generosity. 'Thank you' probably doesn't quite cover it, but... thank you, for this, and for showering gifts upon so many lucky folks here. May it bring one and all many hours of gaming happiness, and I hope that happiness in turn gives you a feeling of happiness, too. :)

dot

I'm a princess on Steam.

Real Talk.

But you're just Rosalina on there though. You gotta add the Princess.

I'm gonna have lots more giveaways going forward, but you can't get in on them unless I have you on my friends list.

So everyone add Speevy.

I added you before gifts were a thing.

#winning #tb4l #amy #juststeamthings #stopaddingmeguysidontneedmorefrands

Send again, it'll regenerate, I don't think ModBot ever got your PM. It's possible you sent it just as ModBot periodically dumped his PMs (this has to happen since ModBot has gotten 150,000 PMs over its lifespan and obviously PM inboxes can't fit that many)--this is also a race condition, although a very very very short one. I have code to protect against it, but it's still possible within a window of a second or two every so many hours.
Ok, I will try again.

I hope it works this time.

DLC and online part? - you mean on the PC or PS4?

I have an AMD GPU - what's the shadowplay you are referring to? GameDVR? the raptr client?

I kinda configured the share button on my DS4 to take screenshots in steam
what's left is a Streaming button configuration

Oh on the PC, on the one hand I'm not sure I will play DW8 online but on the other it would be a nice thing to have and I heard the PC version lacks some overall costume DLC :/ And I've been meaning to try GameDVR from Raptr but right now I use MSI Afterburner with the external H264 decoder chip plugin. Good idea on the instant buttons, I have to see if I can set something similar up with the DS3!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Jason Frost:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Inferno -- MB-B927EBC8EED4C87B
Cogs -- MB-14B2F8B07990967A - Taken by Darth Kupi
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-A0C40F9615F187EB - Taken by FauX
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-4BC09656E25CB7A9
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery -- MB-010D6CE49D15683C
Organ Trail: Director's Cut -- MB-9CD78E9B57703EF5 - Taken by fallout
Splice -- MB-D1233722EA770B15
Serious Sam 3: BFE -- MB-537D6CB774C82E1C
Anomaly Korea -- MB-E8D0A2FA8E8004DB
Solar 2 -- MB-03B85B7A662BCFE3
Dungeon Defenders Plus All DLC -- MB-3D7F448D77E04964

t1404095618z1.png

Ozium

The perks of having a dumb, esoteric username you came up with years and years ago. One name across the internet forever!

offtopic but I'm really proud of my Nintendo Network ID:
pleaseunderstand
I don't have a WiiU so didn't even sign up for Miiverse until it hit the 3ds not long ago and I couldn't believe it was available.

wilflare

Oh on the PC, on the one hand I'm not sure I will play DW8 online but on the other it would be a nice thing to have and I heard the PC version lacks some overall costume DLC :/ And I've been meaning to try GameDVR from Raptr but right now I use MSI Afterburner with the external H264 decoder chip plugin. Good idea on the instant buttons, I have to see if I can set something similar up with the DS3!

hmm ohh I have a ASUS AMD GPU so I guess I can't use the Afterburner
how I hope Steam integrates Twitch Streaming... (so I don't have to mess with raptr global key settings or something)

hmm don't you have a PS4? pair that DS4 up! :D

offtopic but I'm really proud of my Nintendo Network ID:
pleaseunderstand
I don't have a WiiU so didn't even sign up for Miiverse until it hit the 3ds not long ago and I couldn't believe it was available.

Yeah, can't remember where it was where it happened, might have been Gmail, but I've only had one incident where I couldn't get my usual username, though I really should get a secondary back-up in the reserves though of.

Striek

To celebrate joining the steam group heres a giveaway of unused keys I had from a four pack

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Borderlands 2 -- MB-C41F73C6ED469B87 - Taken by Toki767
Borderlands 2 #2 -- MB-9C7651238D9EA7EF - Taken by PikaZeroX

Thanks for all who have added me :)

Speevy

Banned
Thanks guys. I must have accepted about 20 people just now. Awesome.

My friends list was pretty small prior to this sale so I'm glad to have you all on it now.

tylerf

Nice to reinforce the GAF section in my friends list after most of the people I added last year ended up going inactive.

hmm ohh I have a ASUS AMD GPU so I guess I can't use the Afterburner
how I hope Steam integrates Twitch Streaming... (so I don't have to mess with raptr global key settings or something)

hmm don't you have a PS4? pair that DS4 up! :D

Oh you can use Afterburner, despite it being called MSI Afterburner it works with all AMD cards! :D And Steam streaming would be nice although for me personally I hardly stream with my 100kb/s upload :p

And well yeah I do have a DS4 and have it set to work with my PC but I only have one DS4 and two DS3 so I keep using my spare DS3 for my PC as it's annoying to sync the DS4 back to my PS4 via cable everytime I want to use my PS4... I wish the DS4 would support wireless syncing with the PS4 :(

I went back 5 pages or so and added most people, might have missed a few!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bobnowhere/ Clicky, click click if you are that way inclined, always room for more!

Had a think, I believe this sale is the 4th time I've bought BG2. First time the original big box, second time was the D&D collection with all of BG, ID and NWN1, third time was a mint version of the original box with guide for 99c on ebay and now the fourth, the enhanced edition!

How do you set someone's nickname? :O That's super useful.

I'm Mono on Steam in case anyone was confused. :X

I put a nickname on yours as well! Anyway, on the Steam Client friends list you can add a nickname by clicking the little arrow on the right of the Steam ID. Select Add Nickname and you're good to go!

dot

Seven minutes. Seven minutes is all I can spare to play with you and this giveaway will end.

yes i'm wesker
Here's the original comic that the banner came from. The super popular mega-hit Sonic Adventure 3: Sonic's Revengeance and the Gabe of Thrones.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

State of Decay -- MB-0F3BC754165F8CFD - Taken by demented. 103 entrants total.
Electronic Super Joy -- MB-D5D7EA05C5583886 - Taken by Shadowplay1979. 15 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-B77556BF01648D1C - Taken by CreepingFear. 113 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-EDB9052AF41BD823 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick. 15 entrants total.
Final Slam 2 -- MB-6C0EE37368F5AEB3

Windforge -- MB-62F3DFF93F09A8EE - Taken by Casimir. 14 entrants total.
Serious Sam 3 BFE (plus the BFE Bonus Pack) -- MB-44EBE444FB10F71F - Taken by Henry Swanson. 17 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-176FAB3D078466B7 - Taken by ohblahitsme. 51 entrants total.
Defy Gravity Extended -- MB-0BB9C4C7F9EABE05 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 7 entrants total.
LYNE -- MB-426F12D71A901597 - Taken by Arthos. 24 entrants total.
Death Rally -- MB-E8D20D502A97133B - Taken by bobnowhere. 6 entrants total.
Dead Pixels -- MB-09E7A70FB9C5BD2E - Taken by electroflame. 8 entrants total.
Marlow Briggs -- MB-AA6D7850B7965EAB - Taken by masterkajo. 33 entrants total.
Critical Mass -- MB-B594338D059EFB27 - Taken by LuffyZoro. 3 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-736073A013E7C9FF - Taken by AsylumX. 20 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-8CAA1EE5BBA1F779 - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff. 6 entrants total.
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae -- MB-1A7675D04B1633FB - Taken by LGom09. 60 entrants total.
Card City Nights -- MB-4B99E3052BF43260 - Taken by someguyinahat. 22 entrants total.
Just Cause 2 -- MB-06B886E283F9CE5A - Taken by Nibiru. 18 entrants total.
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves -- MB-B294D7193DCC570D - Taken by Pakkidis. 14 entrants total.
La-Mulana -- MB-001933ABE9766434 - Taken by dorxan. 34 entrants total.

t1404095632z1.png

wA0B4Lz.gif

wilflare

Oh you can use Afterburner, despite it being called MSI Afterburner it works with all AMD cards! :D And Steam streaming would be nice although for me personally I hardly stream with my 100kb/s upload :p

And well yeah I do have a DS4 and have it set to work with my PC but I only have one DS4 and two DS3 so I keep using my spare DS3 for my PC as it's annoying to sync the DS4 back to my PS4 via cable everytime I want to use my PS4... I wish the DS4 would support wireless syncing with the PS4 :(

hmm I have GameDVR installed.. but the UI is horrid.. maybe I'll give the Afterburner a try.
sigh... come Gabe,
Share to Twitter
Share to Twitch

that's all I need

---
wireless syncing? but that would mean everytime you disconnect the DS4 from the PC - your PS4 will turn-on (like how the DS3 is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom