• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. Is Astebreed any good? I normally wait for Shmups to become cheaper, since I am not that much into those, but I love me some animu games. 10$ still seems a bit high for me, so wondering if I should get this or the cheaper Crimson something.

Yakkue

Crap last day! Is Wolf Among Us any good? I'm looking for some classic adventure style games like Monkey Island stuff I'm under the impression that tell tale games are like that am I correct? Any must haves?

Not a classic adventure like Monkey Island at all, but it's a very well made, enjoyable game and I would recommend it.

Not sure if I'm understanding this right, when when i buy a game, and it gives me that option of GIFT or FOR MYSELF, if I select gift, I can trade that game with others??? So games that i actually play, I cant trade right???

Right.

Mono

J9uYC9Q.jpg

wtf

cEvofDb.gif

Exuro

Not sure if I'm understanding this right, when when i buy a game, and it gives me that option of GIFT or FOR MYSELF, if I select gift, I can trade that game with others??? So games that i actually play, I cant trade right???
Correct. If you select gift you can either put it in your inventory or send it to someone. Putting it in your inventory allows you to trade it. Once you/someone adds it to their library its removed from you inventory and cannot be traded anymore.

Last repost

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Saints Row The Third The Full Package -- MB-06861B261077E758 - Taken by ieptbarakat. 26 entrants total.
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon -- MB-A4F9343D3A6B55E0 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 67 entrants total.
Savant Ascent -- MB-E337B7A7D99D8341 - Taken by VlaudTheImpaler. 19 entrants total.
Agarest Generations of War -- MB-EA5DA7F5954908A8 - Taken by Abomination. 89 entrants total.

t1404106203z1.png

today I found out JaseC's real name. it was a sad day

I can no longer pretend he is in fact seahorse romulan. the illusion has been shattered, he is but a mere mortal like us :(

edit: is Oprah handing out asstebreeds?

"you get a copy, and you get a copy and YOU get a copy"
I must remain ignorant of this knowledge. My world might fall apart at the seams if I do not.

Astebreed looks hella awesome. If there was a game for people to gift out, that would certainly be one of the better choices. That reminds me, I should try and play Ether Vapor some more.

Milamber

Reposting my second best purchase, Valiant Hearts is first, for this sale...

a77cVfr.png

Back in the early days of 2009, before Steam sales and I only had the Orange box in my Steam account, I hunted around bargain bins a lot.

In my part of the world a bargain bin consists mainly of EuroJank titles, Simulation and children's kindergarten games.

Three games I salvaged from there have stuck with me so much that finally having all their successive franchises legitimately on my Steam account is such a thrilling experience for me.

First was STALKER: SoC, then Anno 1701 and finally Hard Truck Apocalypse.

I believe I don't have to talk about STALKER: SoC and the Anno series on why they are so good as they have been talked about before. But Hard Truck Apocalypse was a game that scratched an itch that was missing since Freelancer. Sure the graphics are pretty dated, the AI is questionable at best but it had a quest system like Freelancer, car battles like Twisted Metal and you can completely customize your payload and looks of your vehicle's chassis. I loved mindlessly driving along with an ultimate weapons configuration and blowing guys to kingdom come. Hmm... maybe that's why I enjoyed AssCreed Pirate ship battles a lot.

Correct. If you select gift you can either put it in your inventory or send it to someone. Putting it in your inventory allows you to trade it. Once you/someone adds it to their library its removed from you inventory and cannot be traded anymore.

ah, got cha, thanks for the info.

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
Wow Astebreed looks cool, how have i never seen this. Gotta put that down on my list for next sale....we need more japanese goodness hitting PC.

yami4ct

today I found out JaseC's real name. it was a sad day

I can no longer pretend he is in fact seahorse romulan. the illusion has been shattered, he is but a mere mortal like us :(

Wait, there are people on NeoGaf? I thought we were all just weird, advanced AIs trying to convince everyone we're human in some Turing Test variant.

iosefe

you guys are great
*EDIT*

How to PayPal Middleman

go through all the steps to create an account, then hover over profile to open a dropdown menu, select manage/edit cards.

Add the Candy Cash Card as a new debit/Credit Card, select paypal as payment on steam, then select the mastercard for purchase.

Proceed to delete the Mastercard from your Pay Pal Account

Umi88

well.. adding Astebreed to the list of games to purchase in the future after all that webm's and some googling :p, at this rate it'll get full of shmups >_>

edit: wtf the video with the horse

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Reposting my second best purchase, Valiant Hearts is first, for this sale...

a77cVfr.png

Back in the early days of 2009, before Steam sales and I only had the Orange box in my Steam account, I hunted around bargain bins a lot.

In my part of the world a bargain bin consists mainly of EuroJank titles, Simulation and children's kindergarten games.

Three games I salvaged from there have stuck with me so much that finally having all their successive franchises legitimately on my Steam account is such a thrilling experience for me.

First was STALKER: SoC, then Anno 1701 and finally Hard Truck Apocalypse.

I believe I don't have to talk about STALKER: SoC and the Anno series on why they are so good as they have been talked about before. But Hard Truck Apocalypse was a game that scratched an itch that was missing since Freelancer. Sure the graphics are pretty dated, the AI is questionable at best but it had a quest system like Freelancer, car battles like Twisted Metal and you can completely customize your payload and looks of your vehicle's chassis. I loved mindlessly driving along with an ultimate weapons configuration and blowing guys to kingdom come. Hmm... maybe that's why I enjoyed AssCreed Pirate ship battles a lot.

i wish you had told me Rise of Clans was a sequel earlier, I would have picked it up on day 1 of the sale (because no way would it get a daily). I was confused about what the fuck those 3 games were, they all looked the same with different prices

Anustart

Anyone able to help me with a steam purchase? I cannot buy anything, still get unexpected error due to m&ms shenanigans from adding to wallet. I need to use this new mm card to grab a couple gifts for people but can't :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom