• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

For New Page Candy Cash Winners:
How to PayPal Middleman

go through all the steps to create an account, then hover over profile to open a dropdown menu, select manage/edit cards.

Add the Candy Cash Card as a new debit/Credit Card, select paypal as payment on steam, then select the mastercard for purchase.

Proceed to delete the Mastercard from your Pay Pal Account

Thank you o master of m&ms money, it worked.

So. Concerning Double Dragon, Ikaruga, Deponia, Last Room and such. I guess we will see them in the next week as some daily or weekend deal.

I remember last sale shortly after the sale the games people wanted were featured in a normal Steam sale.

Mono

Is it REALLY now? I watched a few videos of it, and honestly, I'm not impressed. Seems like your typical 2D indie sidescroller. If someone can explain to me what I'm missing, that'd be great, because I'm not seeing it.

They managed to create the perfect blend of Castlevania, Zelda II, and Megaman. It legitimately feels nostaligic even though it's new, the sountrack is amazing, and the gameplay is very satisfying!

I am so glad I bought The Wolf Among Us. What an amazing game. Love everything about it, just finished Chapter 3. When is the last chapter coming?

Playing it made me really tempted to buy The Walking Dead Season 2 btw. Shit. I must resist.
I love it as well, so glad that I picked it up.

Ambition

M&M giveaway came back and went to put it in steam, steam straight up blocked it :( but the card still works everywhere else. Tried normal card and paypal still got bodied

Was gonna do a giveaway but rip any transactions on my account till the 3rd I guess
I used it a few minutes ago through Paypal, *shrugs*

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Salsa stop buying stuff, it makes me want to buy stuff

Buy me stuff, Crayons.

thanks, maybe i'll get when i have more free time, and less backlog.

Oh, pshhh. You can play CS whenever you want/have 45 mins to play a complete round and get the drops. That's like... 5 rounds or so if you're lucky with drops. Slightly more if you aren't.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking finally.

1/10.

This calls for a special gif. Rip authority.

69448516556d351b2ff5f49d950fc887.600x.gif

Mono

I am so glad I bought The Wolf Among Us. What an amazing game. Love everything about it, just finished Chapter 3. When is the last chapter coming?

Playing it made me really tempted to buy The Walking Dead Season 2 btw. Shit. I must resist.

Last chapter is supposed to come out in July/August! I'm extremely glad I bought The Wolf Among Us as well; excellent game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for scoobidoo112:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (scoobidoo112, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Legendary -- MB-47DB99534F9389B4

t1404104976z1.png

Congrats to Diggeh.

Please let me know if you were able to redeem the game as this was my first give away.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
M&M giveaway came back and went to put it in steam, steam straight up blocked it :( but the card still works everywhere else. Tried normal card and paypal still got bodied

Was gonna do a giveaway but rip any transactions on my account till the 3rd I guess
Add it to paypal by requesting money from another account. It'll take out .47$ though.

Iztli

Can someone help me?

Metal Gear Rising PC

The HUD and steam overlay flicker like crazy. It goes away in window mode but once I change it back to fullscreen it comes back.

Salsa

Is it REALLY now? I watched a few videos of it, and honestly, I'm not impressed. Seems like your typical 2D indie sidescroller. If someone can explain to me what I'm missing, that'd be great, because I'm not seeing it.

mostly, an amount of polish that puts those other indies trying to grab into 8 bit nostalgia to shame

it's just the one game that feels closest to what those other games strive for. It's not a game that really tries to imitate a particular thing, it's its own, just a game that, would it had come out on the NES, deserves a place right next to Megaman 2.

it's just a great fucking game

Ambition

Same, TWAU is so damn good, wish I bought it earlier.

FauX

Is it wrong that my Steam account doesn't contain Bat Rats game?

Am I wrong? Do I need to de-virginase it? Even with the almighty Bad Rats roulette giveaways, I don't feel tempted.

GAF, Tell me I'm not the only one? That I'm not alone in this world, right?

Piano

Banned
Yes or no:
Far Cry 3

I enjoyed Far Cry 2 for a while but never beat it because it got too tedious.
Enjoyed Far Cry 1 until the mutant showed up and made the game freaking horrible.

Thought I was gonna escape the sale with just Lego Marvel and the DLC, but then I saw that Blood Dragon was under $5, and GTA Complete was only $10, and I broke. Vice City alone is, IMO, worth $10, so getting III, VC, SA, IV, and LCS for $10 is like, idiotic to pass on.

Also what was all the hubub about the Bad Rats badges or whatever a couple pages back? Is that game like terrible or something?

LAST CHANCE!
An epic adventure in a fantasy world!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game -- MB-60F791573B256C3D - Taken by wilflare

t1404105622z1.png

Ventara

They managed to create the perfect blend of Castlevania, Zelda II, and Megaman. It legitimately feels nostaligic even though it's new, the sountrack is amazing, and the gameplay is very satisfying!

mostly, an amount of polish that puts those other indies trying to grab into 8 bit nostalgia to shame

it's just the one game that feels closest to what those other games strive for. It's not a game that really tries to imitate a particular thing, it's its own, just a game that, would it had come out on the NES, deserves a place right next to Megaman 2.

it's just a great fucking game

Alright, I'll take your word for it, guys. I'm not a big fan if sidescrollers, but I'll keep this game in mind if I see it go on sale.

Is it wrong that my Steam account doesn't contain Bat Rats game?

Am I wrong? Do I need to de-virginase it? Even with the almighty Bad Rats roulette giveaways, I don't feel tempted.

GAF, Tell me I'm not the only one? That I'm not alone in this world, right?

Don't do it. You'll never convince me having Bad Rats on my steam account is something to be desired. (I have no problems giving it to others though :D)

Thought I was gonna escape the sale with just Lego Marvel and the DLC, but then I saw that Blood Dragon was under $5, and GTA Complete was only $10, and I broke. Vice City alone is, IMO, worth $10, so getting III, VC, SA, IV, and LCS for $10 is like, idiotic to pass on.

Also what was all the hubub about the Bad Rats badges or whatever a couple pages back? Is that game like terrible or something?

The opposite.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I used it a few minutes ago through Paypal, *shrugs*

Add it to paypal by requesting money from another account. It'll take out .47$ though.

Already tried literally all transactions on my steam account can't be completed no matter but least it still works everwhere else. Appreciate the help though

Gonna have to just wait till July 3rd but I guess this is to be expected after using so many different cards in a short amount of days

Speevy

Banned
i dont have it, you need to tell corrosivefrost to spread the love

also fuck this fucker that just came in asking for a light, which i dont have because i dont smoke, and calls me a cunt (well, the portuguese equivalent) when I said "sorry dude I dont smoke"

edit: also this guy in reception waiting for a taxi just farted really loudly and looked at me awkwarly.

You do have it.

Dambrosi

Banned
What the hell?! Astebreed getting given away all over the place, and no love for SHMUP LOVE himself? Am I really expected to buy it on me tod?

Just kidding, congrats to all those so blessed with giant sparkly robots :p
Why did I quote this for the new page? Well, I wouldn't be so fake-salty about this if i could buy the game myself, since I would have already done so. However, I've been waiting on payment for an eBay item I sold last Thursday, and they still haven't paid.

PAY UP YOU BASTARD HOW FUCKING LONG DOES IT TAKE I KNOW YOU GOT PAID

...is what it said on the last invoice I sent them. Do you think it will help?

dot

to all ariana fans (that means you dot)

i think i found a basis for kickstarter game..

somewhat nsfw (if you think ariana is ns)

http://sighlinthill.tumblr.com/post/29028221663/http-kypoengrey-tumblr-com

Hahahaha.

Well, i'm gonna go watch the 10:45 showing of Transformers. By the time i come back i'll be heading to bed and i'll probably wake up to the new non-summer seal thread. Thanks again to everyone who gifted me something and grats to all the winners of my giveaway. See you all there! I'm out like the Arrow.

iiiimjcn5tcuh54kz1.gif

BHK3

Banned
Why did I quote this for the new page? Well, I wouldn't be so fake-salty about this if i could buy the game myself, since I would have already done so. However, I've been waiting on payment for an eBay item I sold last Thursday, and they still haven't paid.

Pay up front before doing anything, fug Ebay man.

Ventara

Don't you have to wait 3 weeks anyways for the money from Paypal to clear?

jholmes

Power to you if you can get Vice City running properly. That game is my Steam nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom