• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mah bad! FF14 would be a cool giveaway if it didn't have a subscription. But then I always feel that some games are better with subs so the players put more dedication without being toooo casual.

Not really good for working folks though. I wish there would be a subscription based on real playtime. I mean I am working and so I dont really have much time for games, especially MMOs. If I would pay monthly, I would wanna get my money out of the game, but since I could only play at the weekend and then I would maybe are out some day with my gf, a subscription model feels like a waste of money....

j2BUDc06aRQ7b.png

Just... I don't know, just give me this game.

Arthea

Mah bad! FF14 would be a cool giveaway if it didn't have a subscription. But then I always feel that some games are better with subs so the players put more dedication without being toooo casual.

I like that it has subscription, because that stops me from buying it.

It would be harder to resist, if subscription was based on played time, as Chairmanchuck said.

Oublieux

You can gift games that haven't been released!? Damn, have to remember that for next time. I'm such a Steam noob. :(

Fuzzification could be trying to throw us off! Haha. I'm just teasing, but yeah, it is possible to gift pre-ordered games. I've done it myself a few times.

Kanokare

I like that it has subscription, because that stops me from buying it.

It would be harder to resist, if subscription was based on played time, as Chairmanchuck said.

Yup I understand. I think MMO subs just give a more dedicated approach to it. It only takes like 1-2 hours a day to get the things you need done. One based on play time can still differ from that approach. But there are other games that can suit that need at least like Guild Wars 2 or Rift maybe.

Phew, it's so late, birds stopped chirping.

...looking at clock...10am....oh boy.

Goodnight/morning guys!
Spending my first steam sale ever with you all was very enjoyable.

Thanks especially,
Gangxxter
BernardoOne
SourCinnamon
dorxan
Oublieux
Autofokus
cicero
random
Azure Dream

for your selflessness and generosity.
You all rock!

See you guys in the next OT.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, I managed to find a not-exactly-ideal solution to my Fable: TLC Silver Key issue: install a mod that changes the key requirement for all Silver Chests to 1. The only problem is that the program required to install mods for Fable doesn't work with 64-bit versions of Windows, meaning I'm still out of luck. Games suck.

Zakalwe

Banned
Marlowe Briggs is surprisingly good. Really happy I won it now because it was low on my list and I probably wouldnMt have played it.

Completely OTT and shameless, feels a bit like God of War meets Crash Bandicoot or something. And if you like Big Trouble in Little China you're in for a treat!

Oublieux

And that sounds more like work than just playing leisurely.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of subscription MMO's when I know I won't be able to have the time to dedicate enough to make it worthwhile. It's why I always find it curious as to why there isn't a model involving an hourly rate, for example. Overall the value proposition would be lower versus a subscription model, but I would be able to pay for just as much as I played.

Chariot

I now know just what a sick man you are.
jbmwYSFrnlUU9C.jpg

It's a thumb up. Not necessarily my thumb, tho.

wtf is this/10

Is this like a centaur girl but with an alpaca's bottom instead of a horse? And maybe a lemur's tail
Sounds about right, except she has no hair, so it's all in human skin.

You have to accept my creepy friend request if you want Dat Drop, Chariot.
jblNmA0Q8DOCwG.png

You're my favorite Pokemon now, Man Puncher <3
Don't worry Mokoi, you're a human. I think. Also: Man Puncher would be a dark name for a Pokemon.

Kanokare

And that sounds more like work than just playing leisurely.

I think the subscription based model is also one of the reasons why the addiction rate to MMOs is much higher than to normal games.

I like my games with some dedication. I'd hate to see a day when fighting games like Street Fighter end up catering to people who can't do 1 frames. It's not like you're farming those 2 hours in an MMO. It's how you approach the game. I feel people put the same amount of hours into even single player roleplaying games like Skyrim. If you can't put a few hours into an MMO then they're just not for you.

I like my games with some dedication. I'd hate to see a day when fighting games like Street Fighter end up catering to people who can't do 1 frames. It's not like you're farming those 2 hours in an MMO. It's how you approach the game. I feel people put the same amount of hours into even single player roleplaying games like Skyrim. If you can't put a few hours into an MMO then they're just not for you.

Why not? I really enjoyed TSW and Guild Wars. I spent like more than 1000 hours into GW1.
I can put hours into those, but I want to choose when I want to play. If I come home from work, of course I could play it. Or I can play some other SP game I have been dying to play.

With a subscription based model, it would change though. I would feel like I have to get my money out of the game. Whether I have time for that now or want to play it now.

Anustart

I really need to invest in a controller. Sleeping dogs vehicles handle like extra concentrated ass with the keyboard. That issue aside, I'm liking the game so far. Just did some got some drugs from a pop tart and bashed some dudes face in with a pay phone because he wouldn't give me my knock off watches.

My obsession with rogue legacy is coming to an end as well, put 30 hours in and am on new game+. Game was a fucking blast, will continue to play here and there, but now I'm switching between ff7 and sleepy pups. After sleeping dogs I think ima bite into lara croft.

Then Skyrim. Its too much.

Kanokare

Why not? I really enjoyed TSW and Guild Wars. I spent like more than 1000 hours into GW1.
I can put hours into those, but I want to choose when I want to play. If I come home from work, of course I could play it. Or I can play some other SP game I have been dying to play.

With a subscription based model, it would change though. I would feel like I have to get my money out of the game. Whether I have time for that now or want to play it now.

It sounds like you're really trying to make it into more of a job than a game then if that's how you want to approach it. You just dedicate a few hours to play games in a more quality experience, not offer it your soul for those 2 hours.

People that want an MMO-like game can always find alternatives if they don't want to sub.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Just don't buy Lego Indy 2, it's shit.
I still enjoyed it, just not as much as the original.
Might be because I was a bit burned out after replaying that game five times. (I kinda love the Indiana Jones films)

I wonder why the crafting mode never returned.

It sounds like you're really trying to make it into more of a job than a game then if that's how you want to approach it. You just dedicate a few hours to play games in a more quality experience, not offer it your soul for those 2 hours.

People that want an MMO-like game can always find alternatives if they don't want to sub.

Sure. I know what you mean. Sub-based games werent really a problem when I was still a student. But right now as I am working, a sub-based system would feel like a waste of money, even though I would want to play the game.
After work I am tired and would rather do something relaxing. During weekend I wouldnt want to play 8 hour-shifts.
And 2-4 hours each weekend would be too less for like 14€ each month.

Actually I really would love to play some FF14, but the sub based system is just putting me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom