• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder. Less than an hour to go!

Okay, so my first giveaway worked. Let's try it on the main event.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

BroForce -- MB-439A59413ECF223E - Taken by alekth. 101 entrants total.
Stick it to The Man -- MB-4574A931090090C5 - Taken by Casimir. 25 entrants total.
Nidhogg -- MB-4664823C2F6534C0 - Taken by KainXVIII. 46 entrants total.
Transistor -- MB-F15C0F6DEB8CB615 - Taken by Clown_im_OP. 140 entrants total.
The Shivah -- MB-0EFDD887E94BE298 - Taken by eggwolio. 12 entrants total.
Ikaruga -- MB-495BDC207348023C - Taken by Arthos. 71 entrants total.
Outlast -- MB-5553896E91FFE602 - Taken by Leg-End. 33 entrants total.
Mashed -- MB-0D9DF584AEDD9C71 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 4 entrants total.
Shovel Knight -- MB-593761F1AF9B5602 - Taken by zkylon. 120 entrants total.
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-394718DDC135E66F - Taken by Toshin. 14 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-48AC52E90DE5A89F - Taken by Baconsaurus Rex. 33 entrants total.

t1404121373z1.png

And a special one for Mega Givers.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game -- MB-A2691AFC1BE7CA94 - Taken by Vastag. 35 entrants total.

t1404121523z1.png

Toki767

Goodnight guys. *Runs*

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3 -- MB-EC92D24A09D86583 - Taken by SinineSiil. 121 entrants total.

t1404128901z1.png

Yakkue

Does the ModBot games given away counter reset once this thread is over?

No it doesn't, though I believe to count as a Megagiver, you'd have to have given away 25 games during the last 3 months (but I'm not sure if that's already implemented or just something Stump thought about adding in the future).

Toki767

One more time so it's near the top. Goodluck whoever.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3 -- MB-EC92D24A09D86583 - Taken by SinineSiil

t1404128901z1.png

The_Monk

I see I missed several very silly pages, but a bit of a slow down still. As much fun as Sales threads always are, but it shall be nice to go back to our usual only slightly-hectic pace.

Indeed my friend. I made a post in case someone forgets that there's a common Steam thread that is not focused on Sales only, might as well repost for those that missed it:

With the sale basically over I guess it would be a good time to let many GAFfers know that there's a Steam thread even when there are not these big Sale events. That thread is filled with amazing and kind people always ready to help you by giving advice on game, help to set something up on the graphics or mods department, posting their doubts, writing impressions, reviews, sharing thoughts on betas or Early access games and many more. It gets a bit slow than this thread but it's moves at a decent speed when comparing with other GAF threads.

I strongly advise anyone who's been here and enjoyed this ride to keep it that way and join the Steam thread where most of us will be happy to welcome you and willing to share some joy in this fine hobby of ours. Don't be shy, join in, have fun. The Community is much more fun when we all get along and when we get bigger and better so please, consider posting there more often since there's plenty of "new" faces around here.

:)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, I can't believe there were 89 entrants for Agarest: Generations of War in that giveaway a few hours ago. And here I thought I actually had a chance of winning that one. :lol On one hand, it's Idea Factory, and they're awful, but on the other, waifu game...

Dambrosi

Banned
Goodnight guys. *Runs*
Well played, Toki. Spreading waves of joy, just like your namesake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF3dUsE2R6k

Man, I can't believe there were 89 entrants for Agarest: Generations of War in that giveaway a few hours ago. And here I thought I actually had a chance of winning that one. :lol On one hand, it's Idea Factory, and they're awful, but on the other, waifu game...
It's actually not bad. A bit janky and obtuse, but not awful at all.

Kanokare

Sure. I know what you mean. Sub-based games werent really a problem when I was still a student. But right now as I am working, a sub-based system would feel like a waste of money, even though I would want to play the game.
After work I am tired and would rather do something relaxing. During weekend I wouldnt want to play 8 hour-shifts.
And 2-4 hours each weekend would be too less for like 14€ each month.

Actually I really would love to play some FF14, but the sub based system is just putting me off.

Yeah if you can't find the time to fit a few hours a week then its best to pass on it then. Back when I was a full time student and worker I managed somehow with WoW. Heck, I'd jump on Call of Duty/Halo for an hour before that then I'd do another hour or 2 on WoW. Call it a night after that.

The game is relaxing though if you don't offer your life and make it into a job. Can be said about any game really unless that's how some people like it. Can't really say much if you can't fit the right time:money ratio :p Attach rates for sub-based MMOs might be high but I doubt the majority play over 3 hours a day. Some only log on for raids 2-3 days a week back on WoW.

The_Monk

Any ideas where one can find this thread? :D

The thread usually gets locked when we have these bigger Sale events. Once the Sale is over we go back to the usual Steam threads. It's very hard to miss since it's almost on front page (if I don't find it there, might as well start looking at Community, eh!). ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom