• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

This is a big year for gaming. Wasteland 2, fucking River City Ransom sequel?

Shenmue 3 in talks to be made? I mean...does it get any better?

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw that there's still one game left from a previous give-away

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-611ADB0BDA0C21BC

Double

Whats this game like? I know a few people on Gaf adore it.
Haven't played it yet :> but it's gotta be a plattforming / puzzling Roguelike. And a damn hard one.

btw with those great giveaways again (thanks guys!), did a multiple entry in a free-for-all decrease your chance in winning at all? Remember reading something about 15 minutes in between getting choosen :>

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Does the ModBot games given away counter reset once this thread is over?

It resets every three months.

This thread goes strong 24 hours a day haha

How is the normal Steam thread when no sales are going on?

Roughly 400 pages (50pp) per month. We had to switch from yearly and biannual threads because of the posting rate. If the thread is reaching the 400 page limit before the end of the month, usually a mod will allow it to go over instead of creating a new one for only a few days.

Its all lies!
Its more like extinction of all autobots then the humanity

Apparently I know nothing.

<3 Rose Leslie/Ygritte

The regular steam thread should have "Steam GAF is EverythingGAF" OT name though.

Don't we have that October sale?

The thread usually gets locked when we have these bigger Sale events. Once the Sale is over we go back to the usual Steam threads. It's very hard to miss since it's almost on front page (if I don't find it there, might as well start looking at Community, eh!). ;)

I'll keep an eye out for that thread ^_^

Arthea

Think I might get Original Sin and Ikaruga to close out the sale. Was also thinking about Banished, but meh.

what? It's anything but meh.

The regular steam thread should have "Steam GAF is EverythingGAF" OT name though.

Don't we have that October sale?

waby, with that avatar, you basically can say whatever you wish, and it still sounds cool.
ya, I know nothing (><)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Is this the longest thread in GAF history now?

Goodnight sweet sale.

Goodnight guys. *Runs*

1jES8Qr.gif

Mr.McFist

Played about an hour of Broforce - the game is utter chaos and it is glorious. I am more dangerous to myself than any of the enemies though - I have lost count of the times I have blown myself up. Thanks again Fuzzification

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Hmmm, my Double Dragon Neon skills are a bit rusty. Still haven't earned the "don't get hit" cheevo. :p
I'm glad there's finally online bro-op and that I can play this game on PC, but yeah. The port is weak. Lot's of people getting stutters in singleplayer after long play sessions. I have the complete opposite, strangely enough. It stutters when I start, but that get's less after playing a while. Which doesn't make any sense, but whatever.

If there's anyone who wants to bro it up some time, your welcome to add me. :)

I think there is a problem with ModBot:

I did many short raffle earlier, but after 15 minutes no one won some games.
This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

But some time later, ModBot send me a giveaway receipt saying:
[Username] claimed your [Game] key. There were 2 entrants.

Wtf, why the first member to enter my giveaway did not win the key?

_hekk05

Banned

Wtf, why the first member to enter my giveaway did not won the key?

ModBot is just lagging. The games were won, you just didn't know

This steam sale has been a costly one. Sad The Forest was not part of it the daily deals, but I guess it's understandable. Pretty much the only game I wanted that never popped up.

Dipz

Banned
I just deposited some money into my Steam account to buy a couple trading cards to complete a summer sale badge and now when I try to by trading cards with my new credit Steam tells me "Your account is currently unable to use the Community Market." Anyone know what the deal is with this? Am I screwed out of my money AND my badge?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I need some kind of chrome extension that will scan a thread looking for modbot posts. These threads move so fast you miss a ton.

kurahador

I just deposited some money into my Steam account to buy a couple trading cards to complete a summer sale badge and now when I try to by trading cards with my new credit Steam tells me "Your account is currently unable to use the Community Market." Anyone know what the deal is with this? Am I screwed out of my money AND my badge?

Try to access the market through steam client. Steam seems to treat different browsers as a new device for some reason.

I think you're locked out for 7 days :O

Oreoleo

Wtf, why the first member to enter my giveaway did not win the key?

I think Stump said once, even if someone is listed as having entered a giveaway, that doesn't mean they were necessary eligible to win. So perhaps the first person entered, wasn't eligible, then the 2nd person entered and won but still showed the 1st person as having entered the contest. It's possible I'm mis-remembering though.

Arthea

now when sale is over, any regrets already?
I kinda hate Naruto right of the bat, all that QTE feast in the beginning killed my will to play it. Also I don't like even concept of hidden actions, let alone that these have to triggered.
and I bought it to play a story mode, what makes it even worse. (._.)

MisterM

Everybody get excited for my first giveaway!

header.jpg

As I won a raffle last week I thought it was only fair to give a little back, I messed up and bought a gift for my inventory rather than sending it to email for ModBot. Sooo... the first person to PM me a link to their Steam Profile will get a copy of Brothers as everyone should play this game.

I'm at work so it may take a little time for me to get with the trading, but you will get the game.

Sini

Holy shit Transistor runs terribly. It's only game that requires me to overclock my video card and it still doesn't reach 60fps. Vsync can't be disabled so it stutters a ton as well.
I had flawless experience with Bastion.

Yakkue

now when sale is over, any regrets already?
I kinda hate Naruto right of the bat, all that QTE feast in the beginning killed my will to play it. Also I don't like even concept of hidden actions, let alone that these have to triggered.
and I bought it to play a story mode, what makes it even worse. (._.)

I can't really get into La-Mulana. While the time attack mode is fun, the actual game just isn't my thing. Wish I had tried the free version first...

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Did you use a different credit card? If so, you have to verify it.

Wow, didn't now steamdb offers an overview like this.

Yep. It helped me out during the last few sales.

Vuze

Everybody get excited for my first giveaway!

header.jpg

As I won a raffle last week I thought it was only fair to give a little back, I messed up and bought a gift for my inventory rather than sending it to email for ModBot. Sooo... the first person to PM me a link to their Steam Profile will get a copy of Brothers as everyone should play this game.

I'm at work so it may take a little time for me to get with the trading, but you will get the game.

You know you can still send gifts to mail and friends from your inventory, right?
Maybe I just read your post wrong, just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom