• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oublieux

Everybody get excited for my first giveaway!

header.jpg

As I won a raffle last week I thought it was only fair to give a little back, I messed up and bought a gift for my inventory rather than sending it to email for ModBot. Sooo... the first person to PM me a link to their Steam Profile will get a copy of Brothers as everyone should play this game.

I'm at work so it may take a little time for me to get with the trading, but you will get the game.

You can still gift it via Modbot if it's in your inventory.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ah I see, thanks for the answer!

Also you guys are making people not buy games due to giveaways! Thankfully you guys aren't cruel enough to make a giveaway that ends right at the moment the sale ends!

Yakkue

for fuck's sake. there should be some kind of disclaimer. Yeah I used a different credit card for depositing this money.

fuck you steam.

And yeah, just tried using the client and got the same bullshit.

You can verify this credit card and the ban will be lifted.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
for fuck's sake. there should be some kind of disclaimer. Yeah I used a different credit card for depositing this money.

fuck you steam.

And yeah, just tried using the client and got the same bullshit.

Go to the market page. There should be an option for verifying the credit card.

Arthos

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-249F677C7B537117 - Taken by shykyoichi. 4 entrants total.
Valdis Story -- MB-BD62F716EE202DDF - Taken by kurahador. 13 entrants total.

t1404120930z1.png

With that done - Night! :D

Edit: OH GOSH. IT STARTED SOONER THAN I THOUGHT. I'm a noob.

rockx4

This sale ended up costing me more than I expected.. did not expect buying Divinity Original Sin, Age of Wonders III and Divinity Dragon Commander.

ModBot is just lagging. The games were won, you just didn't know
I think Stump said once, even if someone is listed as having entered a giveaway, that doesn't mean they were necessary eligible to win. So perhaps the first person entered, wasn't eligible, then the 2nd person entered and won but still showed the 1st person as having entered the contest. It's possible I'm mis-remembering though.
Ok, thanks for your help you two.

devonodev

Once again, a Steam sale has ended with me spending much more money than I originally intended. I'll play them all one day, I promise!
If anyone wants another Steam friend, feel free to add me. Also would anyone be able to add me into the Gaf steam group? My steam user is same as here

http://steamcommunity.com/id/devonodev/

Edit: Thanks!

liezryou

Soo now that JaseC has officially scared me, does anyone want a copy of divinity for TF2 keys? (If you are locked out of the market, but you still want it; talk to me, we can work something out)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toy Soldiers -- MB-23CB19F6549F41B6 - Taken by Deques

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Ah I see, thanks for the answer!

Also you guys are making people not buy games due to giveaways! Thankfully you guys aren't cruel enough to make a giveaway that ends right at the moment the sale ends!

I don't know about that. I've seen quite a few friendly people buy more games so they can do their own giveaways.

Though a giveaway timed exactly for the end of a Steam Sale does sound interesting. Perhaps for one of those poor titles that doesn't get a discount at all next Winter. Yes, perhaps.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Witcher EE -- MB-CE56F8601D4954EF - Taken by Locke Lamora. 17 entrants total.

t1404121624z1.png

Good luck

now when sale is over, any regrets already?
I kinda hate Naruto right of the bat, all that QTE feast in the beginning killed my will to play it. Also I don't like even concept of hidden actions, let alone that these have to triggered.
and I bought it to play a story mode, what makes it even worse. (._.)

State of Decay, I haven't started it yet, but I can see it just sitting in my account and eventually forgetting about it, while my backlog just grows.

Sarcasm

Soo now that JaseC has officially scared me, does anyone want a copy of divinity for TF2 keys? (If you are locked out of the market, but you still want it; talk to me, we can work something out)
How many? Which divinity?

I actually bought state of decay this sale and I beat it too. Now time for the dlc. If your wondering I only bought five games.

Lain

After a good night of sleep I used the last money in the steam wallet to grab Wolfenstein: TNO. I think I fell into this thread's hype for it, hopefully it'll turn out to be as good as people claimed.

Monooboe

Once again, a Steam sale has ended with me spending much more money than I originally intended. I'll play them all one day, I promise!
If anyone wants another Steam friend, feel free to add me. Also would anyone be able to add me into the Gaf steam group? My steam user is same as here

http://steamcommunity.com/id/devonodev/

I always think that it's better to have a large backlog than none at all, just for those rainy days.:D Also added you as a friend.:D

Decent haul this sale. Not as good as previous sales, but I had less to buy.

Banished
Bit.Trip Flux
Broforce
Double Dragon Neon
The Fall
Front Mission Evolved
Ikaruga
The Last Federation
Marlow Briggs
Monaco
Original War
Rayman Legends
Spacebase DF-9

Now to store these games on my hard drive and never play them.

Dingotech

Found a spare key I had.

Sorry the timer is small, I was helping deal with kid drama!

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-32DC6CBAAEE77643 - Taken by General_Frags. 6 entrants total.

t1404121765z1.png

I asked this earlier, but I'm not sure if I got an answer, so I'll just post this again.

I gave away a copy Pixeljunk Shooter, but the winner still hasn't claimed the gift after a week, and since I gave away four copies, I'm not sure who it is. I feel no need to name or shame, but I would like to try and give it away again, since I should be able to send the link to someone else. Would this be ok with the rules here?

The winner might have their reasons for not claiming the gift, but I see it as him or her not just being that interested in it.

liezryou

It costs $15 in my market with a discount, $22 without so I'll take it for 10 or less only oo

Oh you are russian. Lol why are you buying it off other people then >.>. Just buy it yourself. Nobody can give you a better discount then what you can get.

TsuXna

Oh you are russian. Lol why are you buying it off other people then >.>. Just buy it yourself. Nobody can give you a better discount then what you can get.
I'm not Russian and I'm blocked out of market till 1st, so yea.
Who knows, some kind young/old gentleman might.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom