• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipz

Banned
So I can't buy shit from the community market because I had reset my password a while back. Can't do it for 4 more days, can't even make trades. Assholes.

Sarobi

Banned
I asked this earlier, but I'm not sure if I got an answer, so I'll just post this again.

I gave away a copy Pixeljunk Shooter, but the winner still hasn't claimed the gift after a week, and since I gave away four copies, I'm not sure who it is. I feel no need to name or shame, but I would like to try and give it away again, since I should be able to send the link to someone else. Would this be ok with the rules here?

The winner might have their reasons for not claiming the gift, but I see it as him or her not just being that interested in it.

I am torn between "Yeah go ahead and give it to someone else" and "He won it therefore its his"... so yeah

KainXVIII

I'm lucky today, thanks to generous giver!

Qb4jJGR.jpg

dex3108

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Steam Key -- MB-B5D26AB6AA627484 - Taken by zumac99. 4 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-F3BDD459FE1DE33C - Taken by Spacecowboy77. 6 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja Steam Key -- MB-2A9ECAA8EEC332FC - Taken by Yrael. 7 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Steam Key -- MB-0C5E39FFFA1E2A3C - Taken by Lemming. 3 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-BC7C1CC3358CD47C - Taken by Morbid Angel. 6 entrants total.

t1404132775z1.png

I had few HiB games that i already own so good luck fellow gaffers :D FEZ and Papo & Yo are HiB gift links.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Then how is your divinity base price 15$?

Eastern Europe is more than just Russia. ;)

Notice: Purchases made in Ukraine can only be added to your library if you are in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.

Of the lot, though, the Russian Ruble is the only supported local currency on Steam; the rest of the territories just have cheaper USD prices.

Garcia

I wish. I have it on 360, and would gladly buy it again.
I doubt it's happening anytime soon though.

Would love to see more shmup games released in Steam

I have all of CAVE's xbox 360 releases but I would gladly buy them again on steam, doubt it will ever happen though.

Hope it happens. Ikaruga being part of the Steam family might be a good sign for future games to come.

Lmfao I read that as Futanari.

LOL, dat twist.

Arthea

Eastern Europe is more than just Russia. ;)

Of the lot, though, the Russian Ruble is the only supported local currency on Steam; the rest of the territories just have cheaper USD prices.

Just pointing out that big part of that list isn't Europe, though (><)

HowZatOZ

Banned
Got a dilemma at the moment with Planetary Annihilation. So, I'm a big fan of Supreme Commander (didn't like the sequel), and love my sci-fi RTS' when I can get them. However, that was a while ago, and now a days I'm not as interested in the RTS genre purely because I just don't have the time to sit down for 2-4 hours playing a game, and invest in the meta gameplay that this genre wants.

So my question is, is it worth picking up Planetary at this time, due in part to the discount and that I may swing back into RTS' again. I'm hesitant because; a) I'm reading that it is still very much early access, and I don't want to be playing an RTS with half the units or invest my time into something like that; and b) I just don't have the time, and would rather wander into an indie game that gives me an entire story in 2-4 hours or play some rounds of CS:GO and get that instant gratification.

I really want to get back in the RTS field as I have dearly missed it all, but the entire meta style that these games require just shuts me off after awhile, and I can't really see myself throwing down cash for that.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I doubt there's someone here who doesn't own it yet, but if that mythical person exists; please, take this:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

PGP3OVL.png
(GOG) Torchlight -- MB-7CFA0E28D39720BD - Taken by Red Hood
Redeem at https://secure.gog.com/redeem

Ferrio

Banned
Got a dilemma at the moment with Planetary Annihilation. So, I'm a big fan of Supreme Commander (didn't like the sequel), and love my sci-fi RTS' when I can get them. However, that was a while ago, and now a days I'm not as interested in the RTS genre purely because I just don't have the time to sit down for 2-4 hours playing a game, and invest in the meta gameplay that this genre wants.

So my question is, is it worth picking up Planetary at this time, due in part to the discount and that I may swing back into RTS' again. I'm hesitant because; a) I'm reading that it is still very much early access, and I don't want to be playing an RTS with half the units or invest my time into something like that; and b) I just don't have the time, and would rather wander into an indie game that gives me an entire story in 2-4 hours or play some rounds of CS:GO and get that instant gratification.

I really want to get back in the RTS field as I have dearly missed it all, but the entire meta style that these games require just shuts me off after awhile, and I can't really see myself throwing down cash for that.

As a big TA and SupCom fan I'm not touching it until it's done. Hell I might touch it at all due to the way they're handling it.... puts a bad taste in my mouth.

JaseC

Just pointing out that big part of that list isn't Europe, though (><)

Yeah, but distinguishing between countries within Eastern Europe, those along the Europe/Asia border and those outside of Eastern Europe entirely would have been needlessly pedantic. ;)

Accidentally bought the standard Pac-Man DX last night. If I buy the bundle now will it add the dlc to my account and just ignore the game itself? Its half price of DLC on on its own.

HowZatOZ

Banned
As a big TA and SupCom fan I'm not touching it until it's done. Hell I might touch it at all due to the way they're handling it.... puts a bad taste in my mouth.

Yeah it is why I'm so hesitant. I'm usually fine with early access games when they come from the typical FPS/RPG/Survival/Sandbox style genres, but for an RTS to be early access just doesn't feel "right" if you know what I mean. I feel like an RTS need to be a complete package to enjoy, and having things missing would just ruin that experience.

I'm serious even when not being serious!

Yes, but don't mistake this as "The game will be deducted from the cost of the bundle".

No no of course not. Just wasn't sure if it would spit the dummy as it might consider it all one key and not work since I own the game. Thanks.

JaseC

No no of course not. Just wasn't sure if it would spit the dummy as it might consider it all one key and not work since I own the game. Thanks.

As long as the sub you're buying contains something you don't already have, it'll go through just fine.

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah it is why I'm so hesitant. I'm usually fine with early access games when they come from the typical FPS/RPG/Survival/Sandbox style genres, but for an RTS to be early access just doesn't feel "right" if you know what I mean. I feel like an RTS need to be a complete package to enjoy, and having things missing would just ruin that experience.

Well even then i'd be okay.

But a kickstarted game that's early accessed that they're selling at retail .....no.. that's bad.

Dambrosi

Banned
Everybody get excited for my first giveaway!

http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/225080/header.jpg

As I won a raffle last week I thought it was only fair to give a little back, I messed up and bought a gift for my inventory rather than sending it to email for ModBot. Sooo... the first person to PM me a link to their Steam Profile will get a copy of Brothers as everyone should play this game.

I'm at work so it may take a little time for me to get with the trading, but you will get the game.
I got your trade request, but Steam are being arseholes and have blocked my trades for 7 days during the sale. You'll have to send the gift to my email. I've PM'd you, please send it to the address specified.

BroForce -- MB-439A59413ECF223E - Taken by alekth. 101 entrants total.
Stick it to The Man -- MB-4574A931090090C5 - Taken by Casimir. 25 entrants total.
Nidhogg -- MB-4664823C2F6534C0 - Taken by KainXVIII. 46 entrants total.
Transistor -- MB-F15C0F6DEB8CB615 - Taken by Clown_im_OP. 140 entrants total.
The Shivah -- MB-0EFDD887E94BE298 - Taken by eggwolio. 12 entrants total.
Ikaruga -- MB-495BDC207348023C - Taken by Arthos. 71 entrants total.
Outlast -- MB-5553896E91FFE602 - Taken by Leg-End. 33 entrants total.
Mashed -- MB-0D9DF584AEDD9C71 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 4 entrants total.
Shovel Knight -- MB-593761F1AF9B5602 - Taken by zkylon. 120 entrants total.
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-394718DDC135E66F - Taken by Toshin. 14 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-48AC52E90DE5A89F - Taken by Baconsaurus Rex. 33 entrants total.

Mystery Game (a.k.a. The Witcher 3) -- MB-A2691AFC1BE7CA94 - Taken by Vastag - Taken by Vastag. 35 entrants total.
Congratulations to everyone!

Thanks for Outlast! I'm gonna have to put on the big boy pants to play this one.
Bonus: your copy of Outlast also comes with the Whistleblower DLC. Enjoy!

i have not won a single raffle

i'm incapable of winning
Now you can turn that frown upside down. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom