• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I have it on good authority that Serious Saoirse will be Croteam's next game following the release of Sam 4.

here I have reason to post this gif again

iVqwXwc6vh6LO.gif

you are slacking, finish it already!

Lurking the thread has been a joy tonight; givin' me the warm fuzzies y'all. My disappointment this sale (other than unanimously wrong community choices) was just a low amount of gifting on my part to those on my friend list, simply bad timing between the sales and income. orz

I'll have to try and make up for it during winter.

Dambrosi

Banned
Thank you to MisterM for Brothers: A Tale Of two Sons!

Lurking the thread has been a joy tonight; givin' me the warm fuzzies y'all. My disappointment this sale (other than unanimously wrong community choices) was just a low amount of gifting on my part to those on my friend list, simply bad timing between the sales and income. orz

It really has been a great thread, far better than the sale it was made for. I, too, hope to be in a position to gift more often next saletime. In the meantime, I love you all SteamGAF <3

Arthea

glad you mention it, it's my major disappointment during every sale (><)

These things... they take time.

even more, when you aren't even trying!

Water

Accidentally bought the standard Pac-Man DX last night. If I buy the bundle now will it add the dlc to my account and just ignore the game itself? Its half price of DLC on on its own.

I also accidentally got the standard ver. The upside is it's still in my inventory, but this is annoying nevertheless. I guess the non-cosmetic / new level DLCs are worth it?

Tizoc

Went and bought DMC4 since I could get 1 extra card, which I did and sold that off.
Sale is officially over for me now :p

TF2 keys going for under $2.20, should I drop $15 and get 7 or 8 more keys...

hmm I have GameDVR installed.. but the UI is horrid.. maybe I'll give the Afterburner a try.
sigh... come Gabe,
Share to Twitter
Share to Twitch

that's all I need

---
wireless syncing? but that would mean everytime you disconnect the DS4 from the PC - your PS4 will turn-on (like how the DS3 is)

Hmm I see, I haven't installed it yet because I fear I might eventually run in some problems with Raptr, Afterburner and Radeon Pro all running at the same time :/ But yeah it would be nice if Steam Overlay could handle all these things natively, hopefully in a future update.

As for the DS4, well I run both my DS3 and DS4 wireless over bluetooth on my PC so switching the controller between them involves getting the cable out of the drawer and connecting it to either my PC or PS4 along with the DS4. I'm not lazy but if you switch multiple times a day between the two like I sometimes do it becomes a bit annoying :p
I would prefer if I can just press Option and Home to trigger the already existing sync mode on the DS4 and the PS4 would pick it back up automatically while my PC stays with cable-sync. But I will eventually get a second DS4 someday so the annoyance will fix itself :)

Also I read you Astebreed review on Steam and it looks like I have to shed out 10€ more than I wanted, you really convinced me on the game :p

Bri

Went and bought DMC4 since I could get 1 extra card, which I did and sold that off.
Sale is officially over for me now :p

TF2 keys going for under $2.20, should I drop $15 and get 7 or 8 more keys...

Are TF2 keys some sort of unofficial currency on Steam?

thekenta

Guys, I'm sure this question has been asked a couple of times, but:
Is Skyrim Legendary worth it or should I just go for the 5$ game?

wilflare

Hmm I see, I haven't installed it yet because I fear I might eventually run in some problems with Raptr, Afterburner and Radeon Pro all running at the same time :/ But yeah it would be nice if Steam Overlay could handle all these things natively, hopefully in a future update.

As for the DS4, well I run both my DS3 and DS4 wireless over bluetooth on my PC so switching the controller between them involves getting the cable out of the drawer and connecting it to either my PC or PS4 along with the DS4. I'm not lazy but if you switch multiple times a day between the two like I sometimes do it becomes a bit annoying :p
I would prefer if I can just press Option and Home to trigger the already existing sync mode on the DS4 and the PS4 would pick it back up automatically while my PC stays with cable-sync. But I will eventually get a second DS4 someday so the annoyance will fix itself :)

Also I read you Astebreed review on Steam and it looks like I have to shed out 10€ more than I wanted, you really convinced me on the game :p

ahh now I get you ^^ my PS4 and PC are side by side (well almost) so getting the cable together isn't too much of a prob. but oh well if only Sony allowed official drivers for DS4 on PC - problem solved man :/

and YES get Astebreed :D

Hasney

Steam doesn't open for me at work, but I recommend
Marlow Briggs
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes
Armed and Dangerous (SHARK GUN)

Got Marlow... May bite on Might and Magic since Armed and Dangerous is £2.99 as a standard price. I mean, SHARK GUN BRO.

I know many including me are upset that Ikaruga wasn't on flash or daily sale. So I bought an extra Ikaruga to those who hasn't own it yet and as a giveback to the community. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ikaruga -- MB-5AB9320B1147E290 - Taken by TronLight

t1404134935z1.png

Cerity

Now's the point in time where I have to try and not just touch on all the games I've bought and completely forget about them.

I was halfway through betrayer, then started a bit on remember me and now FFXIV is taking up my time. Divinity launching in a couple hours, all the other games sitting there, downloaded and ready to go isn't helping either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom