• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterM

As the sales draw to a close, I feel it's time for a list so here's what I snagged...

• The Fall
  • AoE II HD
  • How to Survive (+ a copy for a friend)
  • Valiant Hearts (thank you, pricing error)
  • Delver
  • Super Awesome Wagon Adventure
  • Battleblock Theatre
  • Skullgirls
  • Unepic
  • Payday 2 (+ a copy for a friend)
  • Marlow Briggs
  • Forced
  • Octodad
  • Won: Giana Sisters
  • Gave away: Brothers

Heh, sisters and brothers.

Link Man

Banned
:O

ibs549iMVOC9S5.jpg

Thanks!

Now I feel bad for entering that Ikaruga drawing above.

_hekk05

Banned
I tried to find a store that sells 10 dollar steam cards so I can afford to buy orange juice 4pack. No luck, so my summer sale ends here.

I already pay an extra 26.4% sg tax for wallet moneys, don't wanna pay even more tax for some bullshit 3rd party point redemption system

biocat

I can't decide, should I buy Pac-Man something DX+ something or not? I mean, it's just Pac-Man. But then again, it's Pac-Man.
If you're just trying to buy something because it's on sale, I would stop. If you genuinely really like Pac-Man, then go for it.

ahh now I get you ^^ my PS4 and PC are side by side (well almost) so getting the cable together isn't too much of a prob. but oh well if only Sony allowed official drivers for DS4 on PC - problem solved man :/

and YES get Astebreed :D

Ah I see that's more convenient :p And hmm I agree official drivers would be the best though the original Scarlet Crush DS3/DS4 combo drivers might aswell be official. Granted, they don't feature any touch-pad support (yet) but they are easy to install and they run in the background as a service so no tray-icons, no double-controller listings, just connect your cable and it auto-syncs with your PC if you have bluetooth like it would on a PS3 or PS4. It would be awesome if Sony would release official drivers that add the touchpad and audio-out over bluetooth and they might aswell release a Vita Remote Play driver. I mean how awesome would it be if you could stream Big Picture Mode to your Vita? :D But then again it would probably eat a bit into their PS4 sales while pushing Vita units only at the same time so it's understandable that Sony doesn't do this :(

And I will I will, you already got me at "Zone of the Enders" :p Kojima could give me Metatron infused garbage and I would hail it as the greatest thing ever...

So, confession, I haven't played a Baldur's Gate game before. How would BG2 be for co-op or is it better to go at it alone? I'm considering either gifting a few copies of BG2 to some friends or a copy of D:OS to one of them.

biocat

Tried the Transistor giveaway, no luck. By the way, thanks all for those opportunities, great community here in GAF :)

Awesome raffle guys! I'm not bitter at all about losing all of them too. Just glad to see all the generosity going around. Makes this thread fun to read.

And don't take the above as ironic, please. :)

Water

I know many including me are upset that Ikaruga wasn't on flash or daily sale. So I bought an extra Ikaruga to those who hasn't own it yet and as a giveback to the community. Enjoy!
Great giveaway!

(I'm not trying my luck, since I can already play Ikaruga on X360; don't mind waiting for a ridiculous sale to double dip.)

Link Man

Banned
As extra thanks to Rickenslacker, have a pony.

Tried the Transistor giveaway, no luck. By the way, thanks all for those opportunities, great community here in GAF :)

Yeah, I was too caught up in self-pity to really recognize it, I guess, but this really is amazing generosity. Good on all you guys that have donated to these giveaways!

Videospel

If you're just trying to buy something because it's on sale, I would stop. If you genuinely really like Pac-Man, then go for it.

Maybe you're right, maybe the fact that it's on sale is more alluring than the game itself. I think I'll wait till christmas and see.

Now's the point in time where I have to try and not just touch on all the games I've bought and completely forget about them.

I was halfway through betrayer, then started a bit on remember me and now FFXIV is taking up my time. Divinity launching in a couple hours, all the other games sitting there, downloaded and ready to go isn't helping either.

Yeah my plan is to play The Banner Saga alongside Divinity then once I finish Divinity play Wolfenstein while I try to finish off Killer is Dead and somehow get the last bit of Transistor out of the way and maybe play Splinter Cell Blacklist at some point in my life.

Water

I can't decide, should I buy Pac-Man something DX+ something or not? I mean, it's just Pac-Man. But then again, it's Pac-Man.

Have you tried it? I don't like oldschool Pac-Man, but the CE DX+ edition is not oldschool Pac-Man! It's weird and wonderful. The game mechanics are far more "modern arcade" style, just like modern arcade Tetris versions with instant drop and sliding mechanics are nothing like oldschool Tetris.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, I managed to find a not-exactly-ideal solution to my Fable: TLC Silver Key issue: install a mod that changes the key requirement for all Silver Chests to 1. The only problem is that the program required to install mods for Fable doesn't work with 64-bit versions of Windows, meaning I'm still out of luck. Games suck.

As luck would have it, I used the Hero Save exploit to obtain the final Silver Key in the game twice, thereby hitting 30 in total. Hooray!

94 cents short on stanley parable >.< anyone know of any market place magic i could work? cheap badges that turn into decent items for sale? I suck at this sort of thing.

_hekk05

Banned
Man the lava lamp (precious, for battleblock) costs like 20 bucks. I want it so much

Totally should have tried to buy 1 early in the sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom